Streaming services introducing ads

Yep time to bow out.

I don't use them enough anyway, and when I do, it's to watch old flicks anyway.

Personally I always felt being forced to watch ads was them stealing my bandwidth from me anyway.

Enough is enough

These media companies need to take notes from sherdog on how to do ads. There's literally like half a dozen pop ups redirects and malware ads coming up on my phone every f****** page I open on here.
I convinced my cousin to sign up here, and he refuses to come back because of the ads

I don't blame him

brave browser and be there

I can't recommend the Brave Browser enough. No ads on YouTube videos either. That being said there are plenty of options for watching what you want (new and old) if you are willing to go out on the high seas if you get what I am saying. It's amazing how tolerable I am towards commercials when I'm not being charged.

The truf. Folks need to rebel and not be compliant or submissive to these price hikes and ads for a paid service for a free service I have no problem with ads but for paid it is unacceptable.
Ads aren't going away any time soon: "Amazon raked in $11.82 billion in advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2024, topping analyst expectations, fueled by the ecommerce giant's move to serve ads by default in Prime Video in multiple markets."

Ads aren't going away any time soon: "Amazon raked in $11.82 billion in advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2024, topping analyst expectations, fueled by the ecommerce giant's move to serve ads by default in Prime Video in multiple markets."
Well I guess they will continue to screw us over it should probably be a law that they can't charge a subscription fee while having ads on a service it should legally be free if it has ads.

I’m currently using a dead guy’s Amazon Prime and while I watch degrassi, ads are played throughout it. I curse him for being cheap and not getting the upgraded plan. Lmao.

Well I guess they will continue to screw us over it should probably be a law that they can't charge a subscription fee while having ads on a service it should legally be free if it has ads.
Go back to cable + dvrs. That will teach unless the tech changes.

Was trying to resume watching Wheel of Time on Freevee but the app kept being frozen and acting like my internet doesn't exist, but was able to resume in the Amazon Prime app. I assumed Freevee was having internet problems on their end.

The bad thing about Amazon Prime app is finding the My Stuff episodes I "purchased" because I don't see a short list of purchased stuff, but must browse thru each season's episodes to see which it will let me play w/o charge.

I’m currently using a dead guy’s Amazon Prime and while I watch degrassi, ads are played throughout it. I curse him for being cheap and not getting the upgraded plan. Lmao.
I thought they were cracking down on sharing accounts, but I guess if he's not using it, then it's more like one user using it anyway...

I thought they were cracking down on sharing accounts, but I guess if he's not using it, then it's more like one user using it anyway...
Lol, well he only died in July. We were using it simultaneously at one point so idk, I just had to verify with a number sent to his phone.

We’ve come full circle.

I remember feeling like cable was overpriced and the ads were ridiculous. Now here we are again with streaming.

Enshittification strikes again.

LOL. Just tried to watch a movie I literally fucking bought through Amazon and they are showing me an advertisement before the movie. Amazing. The grift is amazing.

Streaming sevices should be free if it has ads
That was the golden age of Internet streaming. When Hulu came out and got everyone to sign up by giving us a free account and showing us one ad per episode. We didn't realize how good we had it at the time. Now you have to pay to watch more ads than they used to offer for the free version of Hulu.

The truf. Folks need to rebel and not be compliant or submissive to these price hikes and ads for a paid service for a free service I have no problem with ads but for paid it is unacceptable.
Honestly Prime is the only thing I stay signed up to and thats mostly for the delivery, the streaming coming to a few pounds a month is tolerable.

I think when the noose really starts to tightened though will be when they lock you down to long contracts, at the moment long contracts are cheaper but I would not eb shocked to see Netflix, Disney+ extra lock people down to 6 months or 12 months in the not too distant future. Stop people signing up for shorter lenghts of time to watch a few things and then leave.

Honestly Prime is the only thing I stay signed up to and thats mostly for the delivery, the streaming coming to a few pounds a month is tolerable.

I think when the noose really starts to tightened though will be when they lock you down to long contracts, at the moment long contracts are cheaper but I would not eb shocked to see Netflix, Disney+ extra lock people down to 6 months or 12 months in the not too distant future. Stop people signing up for shorter lenghts of time to watch a few things and then leave.
Disney + lacks the prestige with consumers to ever ask that. They could if they did not mess up Star Wars.

UFC PPV gives you 20 plus minutes of movie ads and Corn Nut talk overs, and Dana is pissed people stream.
Gimmie a break dude, we just spent a bunch of money to watch the card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Scratch
Back