Strange way to choke someone out

i tried to aoki someone in mount and they rolled and it ended up being an awkward side gogo...

So when I first saw the thread I'll be honest, I'm reading "interesting way to choke someone out" and then "so I'm rolling with this advanced belt and I catch him!" and I'm thinking, "great, what white belt caught some blue belt for the first time." Then I see it's Bill and I'm like, "damn? Hold on? "Advanced belt" to Bill? So that would be like...hold on...multiply by 4...carry the 1...now that would be an advanced belt."

Questions...you say "rearward facing side control"? All I can picture is a sort of North-South, is that right? Or is it like half way in between N-S and side, like he's trying to get to N-S from side control? I'm assuming that he tries to move N-S and you shoot that arm in there to block it? So then you take that arm, reach over and grab the collar? The back of the collar or what? So you have an underhook? Like you're trying to block the hip and then you grab the collar? I'm not seeing how that would work? I'm thinking I would try to get my arm all the way around them, loop the head and try at least to grab the lapel? I have trouble doing that with my T-Rex arms though. LOL Would love to hear some more details...as I often get mounted by the "advanced" belts as well. :wink: What kind of grip? Thumb in? 4 fingers? Etc.

(There are a couple of places I would LOVE to visit and train at. One of them is Cesar's with you and Montahna...and Relson's place in Hawaii.)

I was assuming side control where the guy went up on his side.

Forward facing, this would be scarf hold-ish. (I hesitate to call it kesa gatame due to specifics etc)

Rearward, again picture reverse scarf or 'twister side control', as I imagine.

The only way I can picture it...

BB has reverse scarf of sorts. on Bill's right side.
From here, bill reaches over the BB's right shoulder and grabs left lapel.

BB tries to mount, essentially hanging himself.

The only way to dodge that if you insist on getting mount without clearing it would be taking mount using your bottom leg to get backwards mount and spinning forward as you did it haha.

If I am picturing it right.

I was assuming side control where the guy went up on his side.

Forward facing, this would be scarf hold-ish. (I hesitate to call it kesa gatame due to specifics etc)

Rearward, again picture reverse scarf or 'twister side control', as I imagine.

The only way I can picture it...

BB has reverse scarf of sorts. on Bill's right side.
From here, bill reaches over the BB's right shoulder and grabs left lapel.

BB tries to mount, essentially hanging himself.

The only way to dodge that if you insist on getting mount without clearing it would be taking mount using your bottom leg to get backwards mount and spinning forward as you did it haha.

If I am picturing it right.

Hmm, that actually makes sense! It would be easier to reach over and grab the lapel this way. I guess I just "assumed" he was belly down in side control...but we all know what happens when you "assume." Much easier to understand if the guy just goes to his side...facing Bill's feet.

Yeah.

I mean, the same idea would work from regular side control..but I dont' see why the BB wouldn't just slip his head under the arm, as head/neck would be all that's blocking it...and the "rearward" facing this was what made me guess that. I may be wrong.

Yeah, I almost got choked out with a guillotine from side mount. I couldn't relieve the pressure for some reason, luckily he was trying with one of my arms in, so I had a little space. I couldn't figure it out, I was on the correct side to relieve the pressure and everything.

Smash your shoulder into his face. He'll lose motivation to finish the choke fast

Yeah, I almost got choked out with a guillotine from side mount. I couldn't relieve the pressure for some reason, luckily he was trying with one of my arms in, so I had a little space. I couldn't figure it out, I was on the correct side to relieve the pressure and everything.

im no bitch so thats never happened to me.

aha im joking

it has happened to me though.

Back