Strange way to choke someone out

Yeah, I almost got choked out with a guillotine from side mount. I couldn't relieve the pressure for some reason, luckily he was trying with one of my arms in, so I had a little space. I couldn't figure it out, I was on the correct side to relieve the pressure and everything.

I didn't think I would have the leverage from that position.

the guy was a black belt?

sometimes i get the sweep/choke from the position ur describing (if i understand it correctly).

That's a funny story. Even black belts make mistakes...

SFinclined, did you turn your head correctly when he had the guillotine from under side control? I like to turn my chin so it is on my opponent's ribs. This creates a little ledge you can use to make space. The harder he pulls, the more pressure he puts on his own ribs, too. I also frame on neck and pressure upward and towards his head. Going just upward is fighting strength with strength, but going in the direction of his head as well as upward drives his arms into a position of less strength. Hope that helps!

During a transition I got caught in a guillotine but ended up in mount, but the guillotine was so tight i couldn't get out. Not sure how it happened but I tapped from a guillotine while being in mount lol, I've never had that happen to me before. It was so tight I couldn't move my head an inch and I couldn't get to side control, weirdest thing I've been tapped with.

Yup, this can happen.

If there is a grip for a choke and you move the wrong way, you can sink the choke and not be able to get back out.

One of those things that can happen to anyone. I also mounted someone while in a guillotine a few years back, damn near broke my own neck.......

That's a funny story. Even black belts make mistakes...

SFinclined, did you turn your head correctly when he had the guillotine from under side control? I like to turn my chin so it is on my opponent's ribs. This creates a little ledge you can use to make space. The harder he pulls, the more pressure he puts on his own ribs, too. I also frame on neck and pressure upward and towards his head. Going just upward is fighting strength with strength, but going in the direction of his head as well as upward drives his arms into a position of less strength. Hope that helps!

I tried to turn my chin towards his ribs, I was on his left side with my right ear on his side and my right arm trapped, so I couldn't work his face with my arm. There was more pressure on the side of my neck than the front, so it was more of a neck crank, but it wasn't easy to breathe. I was unable to turn my chin to the right to relieve the pressure, luckily my arm helped me relieve some pressure.

I tried to turn my chin towards his ribs, I was on his left side with my right ear on his side and my right arm trapped, so I couldn't work his face with my arm. There was more pressure on the side of my neck than the front, so it was more of a neck crank, but it wasn't easy to breathe. I was unable to turn my chin to the right to relieve the pressure, luckily my arm helped me relieve some pressure.

wait you were on the same side as the arm around your head. shouldn't you just jump to the other side so you are across his body.

Yeah, I almost got choked out with a guillotine from side mount. I couldn't relieve the pressure for some reason, luckily he was trying with one of my arms in, so I had a little space. I couldn't figure it out, I was on the correct side to relieve the pressure and everything.

Try driving your forearm slightly into his throat or high on his chest just below the throat until he lets go to defend.

Yeah, I can see how that could work. Kind of like a single edge lapel choke?

Try driving your forearm slightly into his throat or high on his chest just below the throat until he lets go to defend.

Couldn't, he was trying an arm in guillotine, so the arm closest to his head was trapped.

It was like catching a ball at a Major League game. It landed right in my lap.

i've been thinking and I might try to reproduce that move.
Get the hand in the lapel when they are in rearward facing side control. Bait them to go to mount. If it works on a black belt it should work on a white belt, right?? (Maybe not...)

I think it was a size issue as well. He's about 5'6" and 140 lbs. I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs. He's almost 20 years younger than me so he did have that disadvantage. lol...

lol theres some sweet chokes, I know one by grabbing your gi and your belt.

there just different leverage points.

gi and belt? could you elaborate?

collar choke, you get your left hand in the collar, and grab the dudes belt with your right hand while he's in your guard, or half guard, people think your going for a desperation move, works like a charm everytime.

those old geezers at cesar gracies are tough as hell

I was gonna really give CashBill alot of shit if he didnt mention Ciao[the Black Belt] is maybe a buck40 all wet.

I got to whoop on CashBill for about 10 years...........but the fuker is been catchin' everybody this year. Wasnt there but I am sure it was sweet.

Bill's hand placement during his transitions to lead his transition has been his biggest improvement lately. Deep Gi chokes are one of the rewards.

Ah yes...Cesar's Geezers now have avatars. Of course, mine is better looking!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back