Strange injury from sparring.. :(

I think if he tore his bicep he would have significant discoloration and bruising. Had a friend who tore his bicep but didn’t get that bunched up ball thing because it wasn’t fully torn. Was still really bruised and purple, same thing happened with this girl I knew who tore her calf
Could be a partially torn or strained tendon. If he turns his arm in a twisting or screwing motion and has weakness or soreness it is for sure a biceps tendon injury.

Good, but if I lived in a country with socialized medicine I'd try to get an MRI to see if you tore anything.

yeah I´m lazy to get things checked out, but it pays off to have an MRE and see what it is. Best way to go about it. Unless it feels like it will heal in 2 weeks.

Well i am much better today. It feels normal until i try to pull something with that arm. Then its a sudden sharp pain. But as soon as i release the grip, its fine again. Yesterday i felt some pain all the time. So something is healing.

But yeah MRI is probably a good idea. But doubt i will get a appointment for that before after Xmas.

Well i am much better today. It feels normal until i try to pull something with that arm. Then its a sudden sharp pain. But as soon as i release the grip, its fine again. Yesterday i felt some pain all the time. So something is healing.

But yeah MRI is probably a good idea. But doubt i will get a appointment for that before after Xmas.

If it's getting better over 6-8 weeks you may have just pulled or strained something, put if that pain upon specific motion persists get it checked out with your MD.

1-2 month of what? No training at all? Thats not happening. :(
It depends on if you want your arm to heal well or not bud. I did it once, it's not ideal but you have to rehab correctly, go to a sports physiotherapist and ask a professional opinion.

Gonna need surgery. ;(

Probably next week

Damn, what was the diagnosis

The biggest tendon going from lower biceps into the elbow, is completely torn.

The doctor made me feel the tendon on my good arm. It almost feel like a bone. Thats how big it is.

Ok the left arm, there is nothing there. It was a bit scary to feel that.

The biggest tendon going from lower biceps into the elbow, is completely torn.

The doctor made me feel the tendon on my good arm. It almost feel like a bone. Thats how big it is.

Ok the left arm, there is nothing there. It was a bit scary to feel that.
Damn bruh how does that happen from throwing a punch. Sorry to hear that.

You been juicing? Lol

No juice. But countless pull ups on work. Like really high volume training. Almost every shift. I do a set of 5-10 reps. Then wait some minutes before the next.

Over 8-12 hours, you get many hundred pull ups.

So my left arm started to feel "tight" and sore around the era of my lower biceps and inside my elbow joint.

So the day of the injury, i had done my typical 12 hour shit with alot of pull ups. It was sparring session after work. So i decided to go there early to get 10 rounds on the heavybag in. Before the sparring.

All this was on way too little sleep. Not really that smart

I fucked my shoulder in sparring, took 8 months to recover with full strenght again. Never went to a Doc cause I'm an idiot in that regard. If you can stretch it now and pain is not big it's probably a stretched ligament. I would still advice to go to a Doc just to be safe, you are in Norway so healthcare should be splendid.
TBF healthcare in good old Germany is spectacular as well. Anytime I need treatment for anything I am amazed at how well it works here. Deutschland bless.

No juice. But countless pull ups on work. Like really high volume training. Almost every shift. I do a set of 5-10 reps. Then wait some minutes before the next.

Over 8-12 hours, you get many hundred pull ups.

So my left arm started to feel "tight" and sore around the era of my lower biceps and inside my elbow joint.

So the day of the injury, i had done my typical 12 hour shit with alot of pull ups. It was sparring session after work. So i decided to go there early to get 10 rounds on the heavybag in. Before the sparring.

All this was on way too little sleep. Not really that smart
I think the risk with such setups is that instead of doing say 30 pull ups warm, you end up doing 100 cold.

How are you doing is it fixed? It sounds hopefully like the kind of stuff that is freaky scary but that turns out to be nothing and goes away after a couple of weeks.

EDIT : shit man read the whole thread. Sucks to hear it is serious. However, the outlook is a 100% recovery I assume?

TBF healthcare in good old Germany is spectacular as well. Anytime I need treatment for anything I am amazed at how well it works here. Deutschland bless.
That's true, It's wonderful. You even get ostheopathy paid by many providers.

I think the risk with such setups is that instead of doing say 30 pull ups warm, you end up doing 100 cold.

How are you doing is it fixed? It sounds hopefully like the kind of stuff that is freaky scary but that turns out to be nothing and goes away after a couple of weeks.

EDIT : shit man read the whole thread. Sucks to hear it is serious. However, the outlook is a 100% recovery I assume?

Close to 100% success rate yes. If i dont do surgery, i loose 30-40% of my strength

Back