Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Economy stonks v9, bubble yum

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by rob mafia, Sep 2, 2020.

1. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I got BURNED on CVS(sort of ) I put a huge bet successfully hitting the bottom from the covid drop

its only gained like 12% from covid bottom... anything else I would of thrown that money at like Target , Home Depot, etc would of at least doubled

2. brackis1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Woooot I felt like an idiot shorting FB at the bell off some Kim K protest, but then some FTC antitrust rumor started and I got 3% AH and walking away :)

3. Son Ov Timett Yellow Belt

Only individual stocks I own atm are.

CZR
    CCL
    RCL
    SPG

Everything else in indexes.

Holding the CCL/RCL until summer of '21. Looking to get out of CZR if it hits 65-70 a share, my dca is around 33.

Looking to dump this money into SPG or another undervalued stock. Been eyeing RRGB, a lot of upside, but a fair amount of risk.

Anybody have any solid forums to discuss various stocks? Reddit is trash and riddled with kiddies who are investing mommy and daddy's money or taking 20k cc cash advances to invest whilst market is at ath. Ye ever want some pure smfh comedy go peruse that sub from time to time. Bogelheads is a great forum, but none of those geezers do anything aside from indexing.

4. HOLA Silver Belt

I'm kicking myself for HD. I seriously contemplated getting some shares, at what turned out to be almost the exact bottom, but didn't. Looking at the returns since then makes me:(. Could have just about doubled your money in 5 months.

5. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

CCL is a BK risk IMO

6. brackis1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

If it makes you feel better, that story is pretty much every stock with any sort of beta.

7. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I put down 40k into CVS - I was in between HD and CVS but thought supply chain issues may hurt HD more and picked CVS again

decision has cost me like 50k between value of the two

8. HOLA Silver Belt

For entertainment purposes, Wall Street Bets is really hard to beat. Took a dark turn when that one guy killed himself recently, though.

For actually analysis Seeking Alpha has a lot of shit, but some writers there know their stuff. People tend to be unnecessarily wonky there, though.

Son Ov Timett likes this.
  9. BIKES! So then I said... Double Yellow Card

No doubt. Although speaking of Betas I bought the airlines almost at the bottom and those fuckers...

brackis1 likes this.
  10. Son Ov Timett Yellow Belt

I think they'll weather the storm tbh. This is purely speculative from being a cruise head. The customer base is itching to get back to it. If they go bankrupt it will be because the CDC. Purchased it at near bottom when they threw out more shares. Saudis heavily invested as well as their CEO, gives me a fair amount of confidence. Im with em for semi long haul anyhow, to avoid capital gains ganking.

Got to play the risky hands or i'll just toss everything at the index. Blue chips offer zero appeal to me. Blood in the street stocks is the path towards righteousness.

11. brackis1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

I'll make you all feel better.
    I once owned $40,000 of WKHS @ under $1 a share and sold all of it before it got above $1.5.... It trades at $25 a year later. You can check the first trader threads from 2019 if you don't believe me lol

Gas121 and HOLA like this.
  12. BIKES! So then I said... Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

13. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

boght nvax for $5 and sold for $8 right before pandemic ... trading for $143 at some point...

brackis1 likes this.
  14. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

its definitely a gamble - who knows between vaccine and rapid testing it can be a viable option by early 2021...

15. rob mafia Red Belt

wsb can't be beat.

and what? that wasn't even a blip. shit, if you're referring to what i'm thinking of, i don't even think he was on wsb.

the dark turn was when jartek tried to use it to run actual scams. and then we had a coup and made wsb autistic again.

16. Gas121 Orange Belt

I read r/investing, sometimes there is some good information in there but I feel its got worse.

Check in wsb every few days for the lulz. Mainly morons losing their money but it's good entertainment.

17. HOLA Silver Belt

Looking back at it now I'm not sure he was an actual WSB user. I just read about it there. He was a very young guy, 20, who didn't know what he was doing, saw a -$700,000 balance on his Robin Hood account and killed himself in the hopes it would shield his family.

18. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

poor kid must of never heard of bankruptcy

19. ArmenianAssasin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

20. rob mafia Red Belt

he didn't have that much leverage and if he was on wsb, he either actually would have had crazy leverage (ie: ctn) or would have had 100 people tell him it's basically just a glitch (due to a leg of a spread) that would correct itself at 9:30am monday.

he didn't even owe money. or barely owed anything at all, anyway. don't remember which.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 6:42 PM
    brackis1 likes this.