Economy stonks v12, gamestonk?

I don't think I could buy without an inspection unless it was a newer home or planned a full gut. It would make me way too nervous, but I guess in some cases you have no choice.
Yeah it's nutts. I'll caveat that they will let you inspect but there will be no contingencies. His house had significant moisture in the crawl space and an abnormally wet and sliding backyard. I laughed when the realtor was trying to play it down as a minor cost to fix the issue. I have far to many horror stories from friends and colleagues who ran into mold and other issues. One even had to tear down and has been in legal battles for two years.

Damn, didn't expect GME to shoot up like that. I have to say that this past 9 months or so have been ridiculous. Makes me want to sell my rental home. After fees/taxes that's an extra 1/4 mil to invest.

Holy fuck are you nuts? Many have been fucking crushed because they bought at the top today. Absolutely crushed.

This is a traders market not for investors when your messing with meme stocks.

Dont you fucking dare sell something like property for stocks and no one here would advise you to do something so wreckless.

Are the shorts winning now. When do their orders expire?

i don’t think so. It’s still up $5 from Friday. Might not go up as much but as long as the price doesn’t go down much, peasants will win. It’s just a matter if we, the peasants hold on to it as long as possible.

The shirts are doubling now and making it seem like it won’t go up anymore so people will sell. This is crazy. Haha

Holy fuck are you nuts? Many have been fucking crushed because they bought at the top today. Absolutely crushed.

Dont you fucking dare sell something like property for stocks and no one here would advise you to do something so wreckless.

yeah dude @boingyman , don’t do it. I only put what I can afford to lose on GME. You’re better off with your real estate. Most of my portfolio is in boring stock/ETF.

i don’t think so. It’s still up $5 from Friday. Might not go up as much but as long as the price doesn’t go down much, peasants will win. It’s just a matter if we, the peasants hold on to it as long as possible.

The shirts are doubling now and making it seem like it won’t go up anymore so people will sell. This is crazy. Haha

I've got that feeling it's going to march upwards before close. Its crazy to watch though.

yeah dude @boingyman , don’t do it. I only put what I can afford to lose on GME. You’re better off with your real estate. Most of my portfolio is in boring stock/ETF.
I'm just messing. I would never do it and my wife would never let me. Most of my portfolio is also boring passive investments. Mostly VSTAX, VFIAX and for my TSP it's S or C fund. Same with my wife. This has been fun and all, but I'm still a boglehead and not a huge risk taker. I'm playing the turtle race long term with a few sprints here and there.

holy derp. the transaction tax was % based (and not on profit, but total). you're advocating a strategy that MAXIMIZES transactions. holy crap, man.

there's a reason why i posted that gif. not only are you clearly not one of us, but you advocated nonsense that would result in us not trading/having these threads (and likely a collapse of the nyse and bolster of foreign exchanges...)
Obviously you don't remember what I said.

I advocated tax policy that would benefit the nation and reduce the exact type of thing that we're talking about. Yes. Just like I advocate free college, even though I paid for my own. Advocating what's best for the nation sometimes means advocating something that doesn't benefit you personally. How difficult is that to understand?

And when did I say I was "one of you"? o_O

I'm not trying to be one of you.

I wanted to learn some additional perspectives on options trading but since you think that you know me off what I post, I'll fill in some of the gaps. As I said, I took and passed the Series 7 before I went to law school. At the time I was working with my brother who ran a very small fund. He is Series 3, 7 and 66 licensed.

I've been trading for literally decades at this point, before I went to college. But I don't really get into the weeds because I haven't had to. My brother, who is licensed to trade futures, wrote a book on options trading. He's had some of his analysis republished on thestreet.com. He wrote a trading app that he ran for a while. He's where I have most of my conversations. However, I have a very specific philosophy that I wanted to try so I'm writing covered calls to maximize premiums to see how that fits into that philosophy. I understand the basics and I have someone to walk me through the more advanced stuff. But I assumed that some of you might be running strategies that I haven't heard of.

I can't spend a bunch of time arguing with you over national level tax policy because you want dick measure about how much respective time we've spent actually trading options. I need information, clearly you're not going to be a source. All I can say is I appreciate your time and then move on to people who might actually teach me something new.

Nuclear dip in GME

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
Well yea. Rocketing $34 PM for absolutely no reason will lead to massive profit taking. I don’t like buying options on margin but I almost used it all buying puts at opening just to close them out at EOD.

I advocated tax policy that would benefit the nation and reduce the exact type of thing that we're talking about. Yes. Just like I advocate free college, even though I paid for my own. Advocating what's best for the nation sometimes means advocating something that doesn't benefit you personally. How difficult is that to understand?

I wanted to learn some additional perspectives on options trading but since you think that you know me off what I post, I'll fill in some of the gaps. As I said, I took and passed the Series 7 before I went to law school. At the time I was working with my brother who ran a very small fund. He is Series 3, 7 and 66 licensed.

I've been trading for literally decades at this point, before I went to college. But I don't really get into the weeds because I haven't had to. My brother, who is licensed to trade futures, wrote a book on options trading. He's had some of his analysis republished on thestreet.com. He wrote a trading app that he ran for a while. He's where I have most of my conversations. However, I have a very specific philosophy that I wanted to try so I'm writing covered calls to maximize premiums to see how that fits into that philosophy. I understand the basics and I have someone to walk me through the more advanced stuff. But I assumed that some of you might be running strategies that I haven't heard of.

I can't spend a bunch of time arguing with you over national level tax policy because you want dick measure about how much respective time we've spent actually trading options. I need information, clearly you're not going to be a source. All I can say is I appreciate your time and then move on to people who might actually teach me something new.
I won’t comment on anything you and Rob have going on but writing covered puts is a great strategy for building your investment account up. As always, do your DD and be thorough. Only write on stocks you want to own and do it based off of real fundamental and technical analysis. I don’t write as much anymore but it’s only because I don’t want to load up more funds to cover them.

I advocated tax policy that would benefit the nation(...)

lolz @ grandstanding, as if this changes the facts i stated. it doesn't. the fact that you can't even be genuine about this speaks volumes.

I've been trading for literally decades

and yet, you're asking about the wheel - the most basic theta strategy.

oV1SdVN.gif

holy shit. PICK ONE. you said this shit and then claimed to have been trading for "literally decades."

fucking janus shit, over here.

I mean there could definitely be foreign trading rings involved. Completely destabilizing a bunch of US stocks, make money, and lose a bunch of random dumb americans money? Sounds like a tasty honey pot to me.

Totally speculative, but would be a great hustle.

The Saudis are currently fucking with CCIV for sure leaking shit to FT that caused a crash today.
Shit like that happens all the time though. There will always be teams of people with deep pockets scamming the market and burning other people down in the process. Look no further then today at 10:05. Every single stock was hit by an algo that took them down significantly. No doubt in my mind people in the know made crazy money selling at the peaks, riding the stocks down, and buying the dips.

Is this dude's teleprompter broken? I can't even make out what this stammering retard is trying to say.

<{vega}>

Context bruvva, context

i just dumped the vast majority of my maxn (singapore). i'm locked in with my xlnx plays (sold covered calls, there's no volume so basically little/no chance at buying them back), so i probably have to ride out earnings (xlnx, amd) and the week...

the shit he said was so retarded and would punish companies from using the best CPUs, solar panels, etc that exist... while rewarding garbage-tier companies/products like intel and the american solar panels that totally suck shit compared to maxeon's, both in efficiency and effectiveness.

i'm pissed because maxn was at $49 this morning and $44 at speech time.

'we need to go green! oh, wait. only if it's made in the usa! who cares if it totally sucks compared to what taiwan/singapore are making?'

(maxn and amd/xlnx were my biggest holdings, making up ~65% of my portfolio)

Shit like that happens all the time though. There will always be teams of people with deep pockets scamming the market and burning other people down in the process. Look no further then today at 10:05. Every single stock was hit by an algo that took them down significantly. No doubt in my mind people in the know made crazy money selling at the peaks, riding the stocks down, and buying the dips.

Agree some serious market manipulation today. Many stocks were being pumped then the dump came where stocks rising big were sold off.

Pigs would have got slaughtered bad that didn't sell.

Wkhs popped today. Glad I still have some.

any predictions on how long the BB wave lasts?
I have been in $BB since March and doubled up in June. Their software is legit and will be a money maker. I have $BB at set it and forget it for right now. I can afford to let ride so since I believe in their Tech ,I flipped the bail and going to let $BB run.

Back