Stone Giant vs. Smaug...

I never understood why they did not just use them eagles from the beginning in all of the movies.
"Hey eagles! I needa dump this ring. Wanna fly me up there?"
Movies would been over in 10minutes.

Then they show up in the battles of the 5 armies and kills.
Why not call them in from the beginning?

Damn stupid half people with half brains.

Because Sauron had eyes in the air in the LOTRs. They would have never made it past the Misty Mountains without being totally exposed. The whole point of only 9 of them going instead of an entire army was to do it under Saurons nose.

Because Sauron had eyes in the air in the LOTRs. They would have never made it past the Misty Mountains without being totally exposed. The whole point of only 9 of them going instead of an entire army was to do it under Saurons nose.

Meh they could have flown in on 9 different eagles.
It would have saved us at least 7 hours.

7 hours they could have made into fight scenes and battle scenes.

Meh they could have flown in on 9 different eagles.
It would have saved us at least 7 hours.

7 hours they could have made into fight scenes and battle scenes.

Bro Sauron has dragons patrolling his shit. Dragons >>>>>>>>>>> Eagles

Bro Sauron has dragons patrolling his shit. Dragons >>>>>>>>>>> Eagles

Depends...
Are they dragons on TRT?
Any pre/post piss tests?

Did the eagles not slay some dragons?
I am pretty sure they did. They did in MY mind. And that whats count.
SO I win.

I never understood why they did not just use them eagles from the beginning in all of the movies.

People always bring this up

People act as though eagle could simply fly into mordor

Smaug is a can. He talks too much.

Smaug revealed himself to be a giant can. Stone giant all day long.

Smaugs offensive guard is too good.

Rd 3 submission

That stone giant scene was the absolute dumbest scene out of the entire LOTR/Hobbit series. It even blows out the horrible down river barrel fiasco. So fucking stupid.

The Stone Giant loses because he's too busy fighting one of his boys for some non-explained reason.

Can't just call in the nation of eagles on a whim. There are politics involved which takes time, owed favors, etc.

Jackson took the "stone" and "giant" thing a little too literally.

There's a fan theory out there that Gandalf was leading them to the Eagles all the while, but was keeping the plan a secret from The Ring itself and from Golum who was always lurking nearby. So he never exactly told the team they were traveling through those mountains to meet with Eagles, and before he "died" after falling into that pit, he tried to give them a hint, which was "fly you fools"

They didn't take the hint. So, the hobbbits went on with the original mission as they knew it to be, and Gandalf wasn't able to find them.

http://www.tickld.com/x/this-guy-just-changed-the-way-we-see-lord-of-the-rings-mind-blown

Last edited:
Yeah that theory is fine if you only know of the movies and don't follow the books.

This fucking topic has been talked about and rehashed and has used excerpts from the books and Tolkien's letters and notes and is extremely easy to find out with google.

Last edited:
Back