Stone Giant vs. Smaug...

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
so I just watched the last of the Hobbit movies recently... I marathoned all 3 of them.

Who do you think would win in a fight? A stone giant vs. Smaug? I think they showed the stone giants briefly in the first movie.. they were the mountains that were fighting each other before the dwarves were captured by the goblins.

What's the deal with the stone giants? Why aren't they much of a force in the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies?

Last edited:
Hobbie was awesome

Stone Giant wins via granite chin

Smaug by nuking from orbit. Float like a giant dragon, sting like a giant dragon... Or something like that.

dragon>gollum

168752.jpg

giant_soldier_of_stone_by_endergon_oscuro-d64th9k.jpg

What could Smaug do to a stone giant? Nothing, with fire anyway. He'd have to use mma. To determine this we need weight and size dimensions and records.

What could Smaug do to a stone giant? Nothing, with fire anyway. He'd have to use mma. To determine this we need weight and size dimensions and records.

Rocks can melt. That's how you get lava!

Rocks can melt. That's how you get lava!

Well Smaug would definitely have to mount him for that, hold him down and cook him for while. I think his best bet would be to smack him with his tail while flying.

Because a wolf doesn't concern itself over the opinions of sheep.

Stone giants are not actually made of stone.
Edit - maybe I'm thinking of mountain trolls

because when the sheep sees the wolf it's already to late.

how did that go again/link to that thread?

They are a lot bigger than Smaug. He could do nothing.

It would be a war, until this random guy shoots a black arrow under his wing, it's got to happen

I've read all canon literature from Tolkien and anyone who has can tell you nothing comes close to a dragon when it comes to a square fight, at least barring heroes.

Smaug, at least in the books, would be far too fast for those stone giants to ever even land a blow. Smaug, or any other winged wyrm, could fly and pick up a large stone and simply drop it like an egg on any of those giants. Never mind everything else a dragon of varying form brings to the table.

Stone giants are too slow. Remember how long It took for it to wind up and swing.

Smaug would run circles around one blowing occasional fire to weaken the parts of it and then pick the parts off one by one.

Smaug 49/47

Much stoned in this thread.

Such wasted.

I never understood why they did not just use them eagles from the beginning in all of the movies.
"Hey eagles! I needa dump this ring. Wanna fly me up there?"
Movies would been over in 10minutes.

Then they show up in the battles of the 5 armies and kills.
Why not call them in from the beginning?

Damn stupid half people with half brains.

Back