Stomach pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennyis

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After BJJ class on Saturday I started experiencing sharp pains in my stomach when I go to sit down or do situps. It's not the typical sore muscle or DOMS pain (had that many times) It's a very sharp pain in my stomach just above my hips to the right side of my belly button.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this? it feels like someone is pinching me. My mom who is a nurse is trying to get me to go to the doctors as she thinks I have a hyernia.

I am hoping it goes away on its own, anyone else had this?

I am wondering if anyone else has had this? it feels like someone is pinching me. My mom who is a nurse is trying to get me to go to the doctors as she thinks I have a hyernia.

Yeah, why would you listen to a RN over a bunch of anonymous internet forum folk? You made the right call coming here.

Yeah, why would you listen to a RN over a bunch of anonymous internet forum folk? You made the right call coming here.

I gotta go with Shotokan on this one. Why would you ask a bunch of complete strangers over a medical professional who also happens to love you? Go to the Dr. If it's not a hernia, it may be something more or less serious, and then you'll know for sure.

Because she's also my Mom and as such would send me to the doctors if the cat scratched me...

From research i've done online it's looking like it's just an abdominal strain and it will go away on its own.

Because she's also my Mom and as such would send me to the doctors if the cat scratched me...

From research i've done online it's looking like it's just an abdominal strain and it will go away on its own.

Well, that may be, but it's still best to have it checked out. You'll feel pretty dumb if you don't, thinking it's an abdominal strain and it's something more serious that gets worse instead of better. That's my 2 cents

more than likely it is a hernia, it if hurts then get it checked out. I had two , one on each side, and never even knew. Had to get them fixed for my job though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back