Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
buying oil here

chart.ashx

check out new thread title. so proud of myself

<Lmaoo>

It makes sense this is down big I guess. South American company.

chart.ashx

God BYND meat why do I even both checking the ticker? lol

that options action tlt straddle was dead on. I missed out on another few hundred by selling it but still up nice. They had a bond expert on saying watch this volatility, tlt itself doesn't even have to be volatile to win, just the underlying IV. Worked like a charm.

Stock market is tanking as a direct result of the actions of Donald Trump. Terrible.

funny enough, it really didn't tank. i even prepared for this with puts and lowering positions. ...for no reason, apparently.

bought most positions back at a slight loss and back to day/swing trading, as usual.

Stone is back. I got it under $24. $23.67 actually.

stne.jpg

stocks I added today: uso, kohls, canadian goose, johnson and johnson. oh, and pinterest

India ETF doing well this year. I am gonna get more into emerging markets. Vietnam too. That is like the new China and people move their production there to avoid tariffs.

chart.ashx

Last edited:
TRQ finally with some life on a weird down day.
I have to imagine we get a HINT of a trade deal within a week.

Yeah not sure what is going on. Tripled down at 1.15 tho up to 1.26 after hours.

Reddit I figured frequenters of this thread would appreciate from one of my all-time favorite subreddits:

Exxon is crazy. Royal Dutch Shell has been around too. I was expecting that Cisco rise, they still haven't gotten back to those levels. They rise to #2 and then totally fall off the list.

hqdefault.jpg

arlo-baby-monitor-review.jpg

24961-34662-arlobaby-1-l.jpg

I am also looking into Mattel. They killed a few dozen babies recently with their Fisher Price crib thing.

FA6DIFT5TUI6TMPTWIZ74WAR54.jpg

A Fisher-Price sleeper for infants that was recalled last month after being tied to dozens of infant deaths was reportedly developed without consultation from pediatricians, according to a report in The Washington Post.

The newspaper reports that the now-recalled Fisher-Price Rock 'N' Play Sleeper, which has been linked to more than 30 infant deaths, hit shelves despite the company consulting just one doctor, a family physician who has since lost his medical license, on the product's design.

No pediatricians were reportedly involved in the company's work on the product until years after it went to market and became involved in a product liability lawsuit, on which the pediatrician served as a defense witness.

In addition, the sleeper's new design, which was the first to allow infants to sleep in a reclined, 30 degree angle while sleeping, was not tested in clinical research trials before the product became available and was reportedly based on faulty beliefs about infant sleep habits.

A warning from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission last month stated that the sleeper was associated with infant deaths due to infants rolling "from their back to their stomach or side while unrestrained, or under other circumstances."

One pediatrician, Natasha Burgert, wrote to the company in an open letterin 2015, urging Mattel to recall the product citing safety concerns about restraints used by the product to keep infants from rolling over in the sleepers at night.

"As a pediatrician and parent consumer, I believe it irresponsible to promote the Rock n’ Play™ Sleeper as an safe, overnight sleeping option for infants. By continuing to do so, you are putting babies at risk," she wrote.

What do you guys think about UPS?

Them and Fedex are both tough. Amazon is starting their own shipping service; Fed Ex has more exposure to Amazon than UPS does and more to lose but both are struggling. I don't really pay too much attention to them. It has a good dividend. I don't know. It isn't my style but it could be good. What are you looking for exactly? Dividends? Safety?

It is actually right near where it bounced last time.

chart.ashx

You guys know that Nest is one of Arlo's main competitors right?

Warren’s proposal has two main elements. One is ensuring that regulators are committed to blocking or reversing “illegal and anti-competitive tech mergers,” she wrote, citing Amazon buying Whole Foods, Facebook’s acquiring WhatsApp and Instagram, and Google controlling Waze, Nest and DoubleClick. The second is legislation requiring the tech giants to spin off holdings like Amazon’s marketplace and Google search from the same companies’ business on those platforms.

It went up a few percent ah, not sure if related to google news.

Google has no fuckin style. That is their greatest sin imo. They mistake quirk for style. They use BLUE. lol. Arlo's logo is genius, the wi fi being the hummingbird's wings. Brilliant.

maxresdefault.jpg

You guys know that Nest is one of Arlo's main competitors right?

Warren’s proposal has two main elements. One is ensuring that regulators are committed to blocking or reversing “illegal and anti-competitive tech mergers,” she wrote, citing Amazon buying Whole Foods, Facebook’s acquiring WhatsApp and Instagram, and Google controlling Waze, Nest and DoubleClick. The second is legislation requiring the tech giants to spin off holdings like Amazon’s marketplace and Google search from the same companies’ business on those platforms.

It went up a few percent ah, not sure if related to google news.

Google has no fuckin style. That is their greatest sin imo. They mistake quirk for style. They use BLUE. lol. Arlo's logo is genius, the wi fi being the hummingbird's wings. Brilliant.

maxresdefault.jpg
Been thinking about getting some arlo cams for my house. My neighbor has some and loves them

Been thinking about getting some arlo cams for my house. My neighbor has some and loves them

Does he have a subscription? That may be where the money is. Hardware is a tough business, even if you make great products. Like Sonos and Turtle Beach. You buy them and maybe replace them in a decade. I think Arlo is a good product but still highly speculative. I was watching some of the baby monitor reviews on youtube and somebody said they wanted another baby because the monitors look so cool. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back