Stipe will get starched by Rothwell

logic says stipe, hw history says ben winning wont be a surprise

The whining about a title shot was a bummer, hop Big Ben gets the W and delivers another bizzarro speech.

The Struve loss was a blip and Stipe's obviously improved. Won't be betting on the fight though as Rothwell can pull it off.

Rothwell gonna clip him good with 1 punch. Unnecessary follow up shots just to be sure will be made by Rothwell. Very necessary post dance celebration will be hoped for.

Miocic by pretty much whatever he wants.

I think Stipe beats him but Rothwell is always a live dog cause he can KO anyone and he's almost impossible to KO.

Yeah WWE Rothwell will starch Stipe badly.

I like Rothwell here. He is too tough and durable for Miocic to finish, and I think his striking has come a long way. His footwork has gone somewhat unappreciated recently IMO. I also can't really see Big Ben getting bullied around in the clinch, and his TDD has been on point. I see Rothwell putting Stipe away or winning a gritty decision.

Nope. JDS is better than Rothwell in every area, and Stipe gave him all he could handle. Rothwell is tough, but he has gassed (Gonzaga, Hunt) and eventually just broke down after he took enough punishment from Arlovski. Like Roy Nelson, he gets exposed when he fights top guys who are better conditioned and better athletes than he is.

I see Stipe winning this one. Rothwell seems the exact type of guy stipe thrives against.

Nope. JDS is better than Rothwell in every area, and Stipe gave him all he could handle. Rothwell is tough, but he has gassed (Gonzaga, Hunt) and eventually just broke down after he took enough punishment from Arlovski. Like Roy Nelson, he gets exposed when he fights top guys who are better conditioned and better athletes than he is.

Those are old fights....
The new Rothwell is a legit contender who can hang with Top 5 HW.

Big Ben is so overrated. Miocic will hurt him and make it bloody.

No way, but then again he always wins when he is supposed to get wrecked.

Good fight but I hate to see one of them lose.

MMAth is so much fun...

Werdum is the champ. The champ lost to Overeem, who lost to Shogun Rua, who lost to Sonnen who lost to Jeremy Horn, who lost to Ebenezer Fontes Braga who lost to Sakuraba who lost to Mayhem Miller who lost to Frank Trigg who lost to Matt Serra who lost to Din Thomas who lost to Kenny Florian who lost to Jose Aldo who really doesn't lose to anyone. Therefore, Aldo is the heavyweight GOAT.

Amazing analysis, seems like all the people picking Rothwell to win have provided equally as intelligent insight.

logic says stipe, hw history says ben winning wont be a surprise

That's exactly how I feel. I think Stipe has all the tools to win this fight, but I can't really count out Big Ben and wouldn't be surprised if he were to win.

Back