Stipe will get starched by Rothwell

I had Stipe slightly edging /drawing with JDS. Also he beat title contention Hunt, so I dunno what 'prime' Hunt has ever really been in before the last few years. MMA math sucks and Stipe is the rightful favourite heading into the Rothwell fight. Stipe by UD and it won't be close, maybe a little more competitive than Nelson...

This!

I want Rothwell to win just to hear what shit he comes up with in his post fight speech.

y'wanna know why stipe can't beat rothwell?
only politics can slow him down and stipe aint politics

This thread is full of "well he only beat so and so, who got smashed by so and so. Also, he lost to so and so, who couldn't even beat so and so!"

You can play that game with literally any fighter ever, and it gets us nowhere in the way of intelligent discussion.

Exact-a-mundo.

Rothwell by KO

As someone mentioned only politics will beat Rothwell.

Cheering for Big Ben as he has that Keith Jardine type blue collar ethic that I'm a sucker for... but I think Stipe's technical striking is going to be too much for Mr. Rothwell.

Meh.

Rothwell hasnt showed me anything that would make me believe he beats a well rounded 6'4 240lb boxer and wrestler like Stipe.

Will most likely be a pretty boring fight.

yeah he has, he's got big power and is one of the most durable heavyweights around.

for me Rothwell should be slightly favored but Stipe has a speed advantage he could use to outpoint Rothwell like he did to Nelson. Problem is Rothwell will let his power go in volume if he starts to get frustrated which can be dangerous for Stipe

I think you'd be surprised.

I agree that one shot can change the fight for Rothwell whereas Stipe can land 10 shots and it won't even bother Rothwell. I think if Stipe gets reckless / too aggressive, he may get caught as it happened against JDS in the third round. Also people bring in Rothwell's losses to Gonzaga and Hunt... The truth is Rothwell still experiments with the style he fights which is why he spent the entire fight against Gonzaga in southpaw stance (!) and didn't do good from it. Against Hunt, he was doing well in the first round, but the high altitude emptied his gas tank quickly and then he turned into Zombie Rothwell. His only legit loss in the UFC is to Cain Velasquez and that was in 2009. So I do think Rothwell is the live dog and I'll be rooting for him.

Stipe is too technical and a chin to stand up to Ben. Ben's going to sleep.

I'm going to bump this thread when Rothwell has been beaten to a pulp, alright TS?

It's a possibility considering it's HW and Rothwell has improved, but I think Stipe wins this handily. I don't think he gets the finish though. He's like a durable HW Bisping that wrestles.

TS has a long history of being right.

Ronda is terrible striker. She will take the fight to the ground the first chance she gets. She only knows hip toss and arm bar.

Don't be fooled by Ronda blabbering about this and that. She is not going to stand with Bethe as that would mean Ronda would lose.

The only top guy that JDS has fought is Cain

You're braindead...

Werdum (UFC champion)
Shane Carwin (UFC interim hw champ)
Frank Mir (UFC champ)
Stipe Miocic
Mark Hunt
Mirko Crocop (Pride GP champ)
Roy Nelson
Stefan Struve
Gabriel Gonzaga

He has one of the strongest win resumes in modern MMA, one of the very best resumes in heavyweight history, and more top 10 wins than the vast, vast majority of great heavyweights.

In what bizarre fantasy land of yours are Werdum, Carwin, Mir, Miocic and Hunt not considered top guys at heavyweight?

I repeat: braindead.

Last edited:
Stipe FTW and skirts Big Bens title aspirations for a bit.

Back