• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe vs DC II is a waste

It is a waste because it will go the same way as their first fight. Easy KO win for Cormier. bump this up because I'll be correct.
I think it will go differently this time. Cormier will be forced to wrestle this time and smother Stipe for a win.

Stipe will avoid the clinch and stay outside his range.

That was on the table before DC and will be after
But this is the perfect time because he is still in his prime, it will remove all doubt that he still beats DC at HW, and there is nothing left at 205.

But this is the perfect time because he is still in his prime, it will remove all doubt that he still beats DC at HW, and there is nothing left at 205.
There are prospects upcoming at 205 but it'll be a year or two...

DC is probably maybe most money....but it's not really a massive bout, especially after everyone eaw Jones win twice. I don't think that'd sell

Jon is becoming the Roy Jones Jr of mma unfortunately

At this point we're just looking for him to break a sweat against someone, like Gus1

There are prospects upcoming at 205 but it'll be a year or two...

DC is probably maybe most money....but it's not really a massive bout, especially after everyone eaw Jones win twice. I don't think that'd sell
If Anthony Smith sold 700k, DC vs Jones for the HW title and the most dangerous fight for Jones to date will sell at least 1.5m.

Besides, after Santos which will be a piss soaked fight, there is only Walker with a faint question mark left.

If Anthony Smith sold 700k, DC vs Jones for the HW title and the most dangerous fight for Jones to date will sell at least 1.5m.

Besides, after Santos which will be a piss soaked fight, there is only Walker with a faint question mark left.
1.5m would basically be Dc vs Jones 1 and 2 combined

Jon isn't a ppv draw....that's why i compared him to RJJ. They're literally too good at this for average people to get invested.

it's a multi million payday for Comier. Don't think that 's a lose situation right before retirement.

It should be a great contest, really no other fight to make right now.

Jon Roids Jones probably beats DC at any weight unfortunately.

DC gets nothing from this fight. Lose/lose situation. Where you at Jones? Time to move to HW.

Losing 3 times to Jones would be an epic L, much more than going 1-1 with Stipe.

DC gets nothing from this fight. Lose/lose situation. Where you at Jones? Time to move to HW.
Who cares what DC gets. Fans get an awsome fight! I would love to see thst fight with DC not eye pokeing Stipe.

DC wins and retires

He doesn't need the Jones fight

More like it was a waste that Lesnar fucked the division up for a year by playing games trying to get some insane paycheck that he wasn't going to get and now that he got denied the hw division can finally move on.

DC's fault too for stringing it along and being in cahoots with Dana taking that ridiculous Lewis fight just to shut fans up about camping on the belt.

Good riddance Brock and don't come back either

DC fans are terrified that Stipe will rectify the digusting fouls and the unjustified win being rewarded to DC. They do not want this fight to happen because the truth can be revealed when Stipe beats him in a fair fight, and that means Stipe is the greater HW.
Lol, didn't they both poke each other in the eye?

It's weird that in the minute and a half from the poke to the KO Stipe showed none of the signs that would indicate it was still effecting him either such as excessive blinking and rubbing at hi eye's.

I've been a big fan of Stipe from day one and was pulling for him to win but his actions since the fight and this BS false narrative discrediting what was a pretty impressive accomplishment from DC has kind of started souring me towards him.

DC risked nothing except his health for DC-Stipe 1. His LHW belt wasn’t on the line. It was Stipe who had the lose/lose situation—if he’d won, Sherdog would instantly call it yet another win against an aging fighter that meant nothing. So let the shoe be on the other foot.

Back