Stipe tweet

Fuck immediate rematches in general. Exceptional circumstances may warrant it but it certainly shouldn't be the norm. I don't fault Stipe for pushing for it, but I don't support his position at all. If you're really the best then it should be no issue to knock off a contender or two and get another shot.

After GSP lost to Serra he went and dominated Koscheck, proving he was still the fucking man, before earning another shot at the belt. That's how it's done.

Stipe just needs to play the waiting game cause he'll most likely get a rematch. I can't see Brawk remaining clean for that long.

That
giphy.gif
mentality

Stipe is the most overrated HW in MMA history

he KO'd werdum to win the title, but look at what werdum was doing. Werdum didn't even take him seriously. It was a Serra- GSP situation.

He then beat Alistar overeem who gets knocked out every time a girl kisses his cheek, and JDS, who hasn't looked good since he got brutally beaten by Cain years ago.

Stipe is not taking the loss well.

I hate this "you have to beat every champ twice" mentality.

Instant rematches should only be in extreme cases, like controversial decisions or super dominant champions like Anderson and DJ.

Meh Cormier has one fight left. He'll get at least a million after all said and done to fight a guy he should easily beat.

I don't blame him for wanting one more big payday. He's earned it.

Dana made instant rematches a thing, and every dumbass now thinks its a good thing. Instant rematches suck.

The fact that it is a thing in MMA shows how shallow and d-level the talent pool in MMA is. Conor's destruction by Floyd manlet mayweather is another indication of this.

No problem with an immediate rematch between Cormier and Miocic... Miocic was a great HW champ and is still a solid threat for anyone in that division. With that said... DC still got his number.

Last edited:
If Stipe's situation were comparable I'd give a shit about him tweeting this. You got KO'd in the first round and had about a quarter of the title defenses MM did. Suck it up and beat someone else.

back in the old days, you had to go and beat a couple fighters to get your rematch.. now you just have to cry on social media

Miocic is a salty byotch, I'm disappointed. Cormier has been pretty straight about this whole thing

“[Miocic] should [get a rematch], but he went three [defenses]. Three is a lot different than 11,” Cormier said. “And also, if Brock Lesnar was staring at Stipe, that would happen, but I’ll tell you this right now, I’ll tell you this on record: If Brock Lesnar doesn’t make it to the fight for any reason, I’ll fight Stipe again. That is not a problem.

“There is no reason I wouldn’t fight Stipe. I’m only fighting Brock because I’m fighting Brock. But if he doesn’t make it, I’ll fight Stipe again. There you go.”

daniel-cormier-2-1.jpg

Dude has like 11 title defense and loser by SD. He wasn’t KOed in the first

people with shit employers have the option of doing other jobs. or, you know, they could stay in the shit organisation and moan about it forever

Clearly You have no idea what a fight contract entails.

Stipe signed a new agreement while he was the champ. The UFC has all kinds of clauses built in to their contracts around belt holders

No way stipe will fight anywhere else unless he loses the belt and then fights out his contract without regaining his belt

That's the problem with working for a virtual monopoly

Love Stipe, but he knew the deal. He knew DC had set a date that he was gonna retire at, and he also knew that the winner was gonna fight Lesnar and that DC was extremely hyped at the idea of fighting Lesnar.

I'm tellin' y'all, DC gunna duck Miocic for the rest of his life and retire before he gives him a shot. It is an incredibly tough fight and he knows that he got lucky with that punch. If that fight happens ten time, DC never knock a him out in the first again. It was just lack luster, much like Aldo Conor, where we did not get to see the bout play out as we wanted.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing DC and Miocic fight again.

As much as I like DC, I didn't expect him to flat-line Stipe in the first like that.

Yaha man I was on teem DC since the fite was annownced but I didn't expect tat result

Cormier addressed this. He said "If Brock doesn't make it, he'd happily give Stipe a rematch"

It's ONLY about the money for DC right now. And at 39, double champ, retiring at 40, it's understandable.
Lol at double champ

He never beat a champ at 205

Back