Shoop Stipe Miocic Digs At Daniel Cormier For Crying Live On TV After Jones Loss

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Cormier and Dana dissed Stipe since BEFORE they fought and since. Suggesting Stipe needed to fight to "earn" a rematch is the height of hypocrisy. So the scheduled bout with Lesnar was a legitimate alternative??? GTFO!

I have little doubt that Cormiers sudden lust to seek the Stipe fight was born in Dana's pea-brain for which he received one of Dana's undocumented bounties too.

He's been a flunky ever since. I hope Stipe beats the shit outta him.

I'll let it pass. It was a fly by insult Stipe when asked a question.

But personally I don't think it's wrong to show emotions inside the cage when losing or winning. People do become emotional because they cared so much about the outcome. Crying is one of the most genuine feelings as it goes.

I honestly lost respect for Stipe for crying so much on Twitter and then refusing to fight anybody in the mean time. It makes no sense considering he knew the winner of DC/Stipe would be trying to get a fight with Lesnar. If he won that fight Stipe would've been waiting for Lesnar too.

Hate Stipe all you want, but he stood there and clapped for DC. DC cried then stormed off when Jones beat him.
no he stayed and did a post fight interview. When did he storm off? Stipe got up and pushed a ref.

Cormier and Dana dissed Stipe since BEFORE they fought and since. Suggesting Stipe needed to fight to "earn" a rematch is the height of hypocrisy. So the scheduled bout with Lesnar was a legitimate alternative??? GTFO!
Lol, the "scheduled bout" as you put it was for Lesnar to fight THE WINNER, not just DC. Stipe wasnt saying shit beforehand because he thought he would beat DC. There was no discussion of rematches and Stipe wasn't disrespected.

I agree about Cormier's emotion, that there is no shame in crying in that moment (though me being a weepy female may make me far more tolerant of these things than most). I'm just weary of people leaping on the least little thing Stipe says as a reason to turn against him. Your post made it sound as if you were going That's It, He's Dead To Me! about Miocic just because of that one sentence, regardless of any context. My apologizes if I took your melodramatic flourishes a little too seriously.

BTW this is the bit they're referring to in the question:

Like I said, a stand-alone set piece of a statement, complete with mic drop. Obviously just cutting a promo, but kind of an odd subject to use don't you think?

Have to agree with you.

DC is so fucking corny. Such a great guy, great coach, great fighter - but his trash talk is fucking embarrassing. He has no need to do it, nobody buys any of it. We all know its fake. Saying he doesn't care about Stipes feelings, trying to pretend there's some kind of beef there. He was best friends with Stipe before the first fight and now he's trying to act like he's a professional wrestler cutting promos. It's sad. And I am 100% ok with Stipes response to the question. Who is DC to try to bring up someones emotions? This is the guy that grabbed Jones by the neck because their foreheads touched. DC then took his shoe off and hit a woman with it trying to hit Jones because of his...emotions.

Nobody needs to talk trash to sell this fight. None of the fans are buying any of it. None of the fans care about it. Nobody thinks "oh man this is going to be good they're mad at each other!" - we all know what we're going to get in this fight. Their first one was great. Leave that corny shit at home.

Stipe has been crying on twitter and in interviews for months though.

no he stayed and did a post fight interview. When did he storm off? Stipe got up and pushed a ref.

DC was trying to leave the cage but Dana (IIRC) kinda corralled him and convinced him to stay. As for Stipe's push, the way he's leaning convinces me that he's pushing himself away from the ref in a "I don't need you, I'm fine just give me my space" sort of gesture, not making an aggressive or angry move on the ref.

Truly I think the "DC cried" thing is kind of ridiculous. Has no one ever seen an NBA player cry when his team gets knocked out of the playoffs? How about the NFL? Seeing a player trying to hide his face while he cries over losing a game is a common occurrence. DC didn't try to hide it, so we should make fun of him? I don't think anyone who's ever played alot of sports, or watched alot for that matter would look down on him for crying.

Pretty out of character for Stipe. I imagine he's just hyping up the fight.

Making fun of DC for being visibly emotional after a KO is really low and distasteful in my opinion. Got a feeling Stipe's gonna take a beating on Saturday.

JX6Btwi_d.jpg

Stipe has been crying on twitter and in interviews for months though.

Lordy, y'all have some interesting definitions of the word "crying" if you equate trying to keep your name in the mix for a fight by lobbing in the occasional comment — most of the tweets being written by his managerial team, I have no doubt — and
<DCrying>

Back