Stipe has more title defenses than Fedor

Get outta here. Fedor defended his #1 HW position 18 times.

No, I'll give you DC, he's a great win and despite his age probably close to prime given his late start.

Believe it or not I've actually been a big fan of Stipe since his first UFC fight and predicted he would be a future champion so it brings me no pleasure speaking of him like this but facts are facts and there has been and will likely only ever be 1 Fedor.

What he accomplished at his size in a division (as Stipe knows all too well) where 1 punch can erase even the surest of thing on paper is unprecedented, as is his speed, power and ability to win no matter where the fight goes.
Fedor’s has the lights turned out a few more times... by worse competition. Given Struve is no powerhouse but Bader tickled Fedor’s chin and had him dreaming of mother Russia.

Stipe is better than Fedor, who throws sloppy haymakers/overhands and has mediocre wrestling and relied on Judo throws against awful opponents and has a bottom game that goes as far as explosive scrambles or hail mary armbars.

I’d take taller, greater reach national Golden Gloves quarter finalist + NCAA D1 wrestler Stipe over some overrated fat ass that used to be good in a time that MMA was barely developed/a C tier sport.

Funny thing is Nog from was from that Barely developed time came to ufc practically crippled with injury and won the title.

While Fedor may not be the P4p GOAT he is lightyears ahead of all other heavyweights past or present.

move on, come to terms with it and you’ll be a happier person

The 7 fights listed below that Fedor won were worthy of being title fights. Listed next to each opponent are their rank in the world (not just in Pride) at the time:

1)Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: Ranked: #1. (Fedor won the Pride heavyweight title).

2)Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: ranked #2 (1st of 3 Pride title defenses.)

3)Mirko CroCop: Ranked: #4. (2nd of 3 Pride title defenses).

4)Mark Hunt: Ranked #7. (3rd of 3 Pride title defenses).

5)Brett Rogers: Ranked #6 in the world.

6)Tim Sylvia: ranked #4 in the world.

7)Andrei Arlovski: ranked #2 in the world.

Fedor’s has the lights turned out a few more times... by worse competition. Given Struve is no powerhouse but Bader tickled Fedor’s chin and had him dreaming of mother Russia.
Lol, in 40+ fights at 43 years of age Fedor has suffered 3 KO losses while Stipe has suffered 2 in half as many fights.

Bader has always been known for his power, Hendo is an all time great also famous for his power and Mitrione while not spectacular also KOed the guy who was the #1 contender a little over a year ago and also holds a win over the current #1 contender in half the time it took him to KO 40 year old Fedor and did so without nearly being KOed himself in the process.

Struve can only be considered "better competition" then 1 of these 3 men and even that's debatable.

Stipe is definitely better, but Fedor is universally loved on Sherdog, because of how incredible Pride was.

Don't get me wrong, Pride was definitely better than the UFC. But they stopped having the best fighters once the UFC had enough money to pay good heavyweights. And they never had anyone as good as Penn or GSP.

Fedor has actually beaten more UFC Champs than Stipe (Coleman, Big Tim, Andrei, Randleman, and Mir).

Nobody cares about title defenses

There have been many times when Matt Hughes has said that the only way that someone can be a true, real champion is when he has 1 or more title defences.

Seen plenty of Fedor’s fight and have been amazed at what he can do. My thought, rooted in some fact from those who fought Fedor, is that Stipe is far stronger and could neutralize Fedor’s judo, no disrespect to Fedor. But Stipe was taken down once only by an Olympian (could be off by a takedown or two.) He’s got gorilla strength and shown he can deal with elite grapplers.
Oh yeah stipe certainly could he’s a solid grappler too, to say he’s a better fighter then Fedor though is kinda far fetched

Oh yeah stipe certainly could he’s a solid grappler too, to say he’s a better fighter then Fedor though is kinda far fetched
I’m fine coming to that disagreement. Both of em are monsters and unless they went at it in both their primes we’re only left with our opinions.

Fedor's had nearly 50 fights to Stipes 20.

Let's have Stipe have another 30 fights and see how many times gets his lights switched off...

Fedor's had nearly 50 fights to Stipes 20.

Let's have Stipe have another 30 fights and see how many times gets his lights switched off...
You mean fights with circus freaks like Fedor had?

So Fedor beat more cans therefore he’s better? UFC didn’t feed stipe a ton of cans to beat up. Your point seems moot.
I guess as simple as it is, it's too complicated for you to understand. Sorry, bro

Lay and pray? He sat in the guard of the most prolific submission artist from that position at the time and beat the shit out of him, Nog's legendary toughness is the only reason he survived and he completely nullified the most feared striker of the time and beat him at his own game.

Looking at the talent objectively its not even close, Fedor could win the fight standing, on the ground with GnP or by submission whether in a dominant or vulnerable position, Stipe has never proven to have this level of diversity.

Look at the Randelplex, slammed on his head and badly dazed only to win by submission seconds later, the two times we've seen Stipe put in a similar vulnerable position its ended in defeat.
You’re a good dude but we’re never going to agree. Except on that Coyote 5 liter.

Top tier Croatian fighting genetics

Nothing like fat Muricans and their pie eating genetics
Meanwhile you’re fetching water from a crick and sharing a pair of rain boots with a goat. Us muricans will lay waste to whatever shitakistan you slithered from. With the F-22 raptor pilot eating a Big Mac.

You use the picture of Ogawa as an attempt to mock his record and yet Ogawa was an Olympic silver medalist judoka. Fedor reversed Ogawa's body lock, landed in mount and transitioned to arm bar. Folks on here would have lost their shit if someone did that to Rousey. Yeah she was one dimensional but nobody fucked with her Judo. Fedor beat guys at their own game.
Fedor didn’t beat Mitrione at football or stand up striking....

You’re a good dude but we’re never going to agree. Except on that Coyote 5 liter.
Haha, it seems that way. I agree you're a good dude too though, maybe we'll have better luck in a thread on a different topic someday my friend.... Lol.

Back