• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe absorbed 162 significant strikes to the head, DC 86.

And yet Stipe's were the better shots.

Yeah there were a couple of moments in the fight that looked like DC had Stipe pretty rocked, and one or two more strong follow up shots would have put him down. However Stipe weathered the storm, but damn was he getting pieced up by a short fat old guy.

You guys kinda underplay that DC was undefeated at HW and would also be undefeated at LHW if not for Jones. I wouldn't characterize DC as a "short fat old guy" when he's one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen. Its disrespectful at the least.

That’s a tough way to make a living, even if you win

Yeah those guys were great wrestlers at the top.....

Guys act like nog and Barnett were defensive studs.
Oo yeah stipe striking and wrestling is amazing..dude would get ktfo by sergei lol

I don’t think stipe deserves criticism for last night. He did very well, endured and cardio held up. He took lots of shots from close range as DC didn’t have a lot of power behind them, so stipe decided to just take them and keep landing in return. He was right in the end, and Cormier wilted.

Stipe even had energy to dance after lol

That's a massive difference, and it shows that this lighter version of HW DC lacks punching power the same way he lacked at LHW.

View attachment 631913

Stats also show that Stipe had only 32% sig.strike defense, that might be one of the worst striking defenses we have ever witnessed in a title fight. And some people seriously call Stipe the best UFC HW ever. The state of HW today is just sad.
Well, I think you are blatantly wrong here in all accounts.
Anyone who forgot his fights before moving down to LHW need to go back and do their homework.

DC has a lot of power at HW, Stipe simply is a tough motherfucker.

Reason 1,442 why statistics don't matter. They are there for marketing purposes. Only about 15 strikes in that fight mattered.

lol @ people downplaying Stipe's performance by calling DC an old fat guy, and the likes. This "old fat guy" was in serious contention for GOAT hw a day ago.

No shit Stipe had his difficulties.

Had his difficulties is an extremely generous way of saying he lost every round.

You guys kinda underplay that DC was undefeated at HW and would also be undefeated at LHW if not for Jones. I wouldn't characterize DC as a "short fat old guy" when he's one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen. Its disrespectful at the least.
DC is absolutely short, fat and old. DC has pushed his luck long enough, as father time will always be undefeated.

Had his difficulties is an extremely generous way of saying he lost every round.

According to the judges he lost 1 and 2, won 3, and he obviously won 4. So he lost half the rounds, and won by KO. Those are facts.

i was surprised how much stipe was getting hit, thought that any second now hes going down. literally no head moving,shitty footwork ,got hit from every angle so easy
I mean DC is really fast for a guy his size.

I was more surprised that Stipe as able to absorb all that damage and keep his head in the fight.

Ehh... congrats for Stipe for pulling it off. Lets see if he can do what DC has done later in his career.
Welll except for the struve fight, Stipe has avenged his losses. Unlike dc. And he's the only HW that finally managed to defend the belt 3 times in a row. So i say he has already done quite a bit.

DC was beating his ass for the first 3 rounds, Stipe got smart and worked that body, and found the KO.

I fear for his brain. Already have trouble understanding him, imagine how it's gonna be in 10-15 years.

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see if Stipes chin will hold up going forward that many shots will take a lot out of you, a wonder he could eat them all

Yeah there were a couple of moments in the fight that looked like DC had Stipe pretty rocked, and one or two more strong follow up shots would have put him down. However Stipe weathered the storm, but damn was he getting pieced up by a short fat old guy.
Short fat old guy lol DC is still very good and would likely beat every heavyweight that ever lived.

i was surprised how much stipe was getting hit, thought that any second now hes going down. literally no head moving,shitty footwork ,got hit from every angle so easy
Completely different fighter than the Ngannuo fight.. Seems like he forgot boxing's 1 to 1 fundamentals..

& at least he was avoiding the clinch, but damn DC came close too finishing the fight on multiple occasions..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back