Still the GOAT Tag Team

3 reigns.

Combined 1200 + days as champions.

Nick and Ray were a legit tag team. The fact both had singles success doesn't change that.

Ray Stevens started rasslin' in 1950, and like I mentioned he ruled the bay area in the 60s, he didn't hook up with Bockwinkle as a tag team until the early 70's, both well known as champion singles stars. What about that aren't you getting? They didn't become famous because of tagteam rasslin' and if they had never teamed up .....so what? Both would still be known as great rasslers.

This was who Stevens was for years

Ray-Stevens-and-Pepper-Gomez.jpg

Ray Stevens started rasslin' in 1950, and like I mentioned he ruled the bay area in the 60s, he didn't hook up with Bockwinkle as a tag team until the early 70's, both well known as champion singles stars. What about that aren't you getting? They didn't become famous because of tagteam rasslin' and if they had never teamed up .....so what? Both would still be known as great rasslers.

This was who Stevens was for years

Ray-Stevens-and-Pepper-Gomez.jpg

Who was Shawn Michaels before this....

Tagteam rasslers The Von Brauners, neither known as a singles rassler

tumblr_nj0owcV77f1ren1y6o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
i get that people need to create buzz and all that but every time I hear someone say FTR, the Bucks, or some of the other popular modern tag teams are the GOATS it makes me wanna puke.

Road Warriors, Steiners, Midnight Express, hell even the Rockers were so much better imo.

hell the Bucks don't even have a case to be ahead of OG Hardy Boyz or Edge and Christian.

Makes me Happy that the Steiners finally got inducted , they didn't get near the hype of LOD but toe were more talented and safe to the guys they worked with.

The Roadwarriors were AWA/WCW/WWF World Champions, who does that. yep...nobody!

When talking tagteams ya start with The Fabulous Kangaroos and The Grahams, that is where ya begin.

No no long list of all the great tag teams over the years, do think ya have to mention...

The Hart Foundation
The Midnight Express
The Freebirds
The Steiners
The Rock & Roll Express
Midnight Rockers

As far as todays tag team go, the Young Bucks play it cool, they know everybody knows they have pull in te AEW so to be the champion .....nay! Talent wise they can hang with any team and do belong in with the legendary teams.
I would add Demolition and the Brainbusters aka Tully and Arn.

Last edited:
I liked LOD but looking back yeah pretty easy to get over when you squash everyone and don't sell for anybody.

Back