Still the GOAT Tag Team

AWA/NWA Road Warriors were an amazing unstoppable force of chaos and destruction
Its a shame most people only know them from the WWF when they were no longer the same terrifying team that they had once been

b3b2be4edf62843808882b2450c33d719ade3f12_00.jpg

They were so water downed at that point. Pete is right in that the AWA/NWA versions were unlike anything we had seen at that point.
I honestly agree, I just love their finisher and thought that was a pretty good angle.

i get that people need to create buzz and all that but every time I hear someone say FTR, the Bucks, or some of the other popular modern tag teams are the GOATS it makes me wanna puke.

Road Warriors, Steiners, Midnight Express, hell even the Rockers were so much better imo.

hell the Bucks don't even have a case to be ahead of OG Hardy Boyz or Edge and Christian.

AWA/NWA Road Warriors were an amazing unstoppable force of chaos and destruction
Its a shame most people only know them from the WWF when they were no longer the same terrifying team that they had once been

Yup. I remember playground arguments of The Road Warriors vs Demolition, when it was a dream match. They finally came to the WWF, and it sucked. Powers of Pain were in the WWF at the same time, too. Talk about a gimmick overload.

The Roadwarriors were AWA/WCW/WWF World Champions, who does that. yep...nobody!

When talking tagteams ya start with The Fabulous Kangaroos and The Grahams, that is where ya begin.

No no long list of all the great tag teams over the years, do think ya have to mention...

The Hart Foundation
The Midnight Express
The Freebirds
The Steiners
The Rock & Roll Express
Midnight Rockers

As far as todays tag team go, the Young Bucks play it cool, they know everybody knows they have pull in te AEW so to be the champion .....nay! Talent wise they can hang with any team and do belong in with the legendary teams.

I did not see them much as a kid living in Toronto, except for highlights and they were incredible. Ten I saw them at Mascamania and they were cool af.

My favs were the Assasins, just b/c they wore masks and cheated a lot.

The Roadwarriors were AWA/WCW/WWF World Champions, who does that. yep...nobody!

When talking tagteams ya start with The Fabulous Kangaroos and The Grahams, that is where ya begin.

No no long list of all the great tag teams over the years, do think ya have to mention...

The Hart Foundation
The Midnight Express
The Freebirds
The Steiners
The Rock & Roll Express
Midnight Rockers

As far as todays tag team go, the Young Bucks play it cool, they know everybody knows they have pull in te AEW so to be the champion .....nay! Talent wise they can hang with any team and do belong in with the legendary teams.

I would personally add Demolition, The British Bulldogs, and The Dudleys to the list of all-time greats, but as a kid I was a WWF guy so I didn't have the same exposure to the Midnight Express, R&R Express, or pre-WWF Road Warriors or Steiners to compare.

I would personally add Demolition, The British Bulldogs, and The Dudleys to the list of all-time greats, but as a kid I was a WWF guy so I didn't have the same exposure to the Midnight Express, R&R Express, or pre-WWF Road Warriors or Steiners to compare.

I agree about The British Bulldogs.

What the hell, this lst will be tagteams as opposed to two known singles teaming up like Brusier and Crusher.

Alberto & Ramon Torres
The Scufflin' Hillbillies
Mike and Ben Sharpe
The Bolos
Jackie and Don Fargo
Jim and Jack Dalton (Don Fargo also)
Art and Stan Nielson
John and Chris Tolos
Ivan and Karol Kalmikoff
Kurt and Karl Von Brauner
The Interns
The Executioners
The Assasins ....as mentioned above
Lou and Red Bastien
The Von Stigers
The Von Stroheims
The Barvarian Boys
The Longriders (Scott and Bill Irwin)
Joe and Paul Leduc
The Valiants (Johnny and Jimmy)
Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Will menton a few made up teams...

Skull Murphy and Brute Bernard
Nick Bockwinkle and Ray Stevens
Kenji Shibuya and Mitzu Arwakawa

No doubt I missed a few, so if ya have somebody to add......

I agree about The British Bulldogs.

What the hell, this lst will be tagteams as opposed to two known singles teaming up like Brusier and Crusher.

Alberto & Ramon Torres
The Scufflin' Hillbillies
Mike and Ben Sharpe
The Bolos
Jackie and Don Fargo
Jim and Jack Dalton (Don Fargo also)
Art and Stan Nielson
John and Chris Tolos
Ivan and Karol Kalmikoff
Kurt and Karl Von Brauner
The Interns
The Executioners
The Assasins ....as mentioned above
Lou and Red Bastien
The Von Stigers
The Von Stroheims
The Barvarian Boys
The Longriders (Scott and Bill Irwin)
Joe and Paul Leduc
The Valiants (Johnny and Jimmy)
Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Will menton a few made up teams...

Skull Murphy and Brute Bernard
Nick Bockwinkle and Ray Stevens
Kenji Shibuya and Mitzu Arwakawa

No doubt I missed a few, so if ya have somebody to add......
Bockwinkle and Stevens held the AWA titles multiple times (3) for the second most combined days 1,203. Pretty sure they wouldn't be considered a "made up" team.

Bockwinkle and Stevens held the AWA titles multiple times (3) for the second most combined days 1,203. Pretty sure they wouldn't be considered a "made up" team.

Ray Stevens isn't known because of tagteam wrestling, and neither was Bockwinkle. That can't be said about those on my list, yep....a made up team. Hell Stevens ruled NORCAL rasslin' for years as the US champion, even faced Bockwinkle a few times.

When talking the Young Bucks, yep....tagteamers....that isn't the case with Stevens and Bockwinkle.

Ray Stevens isn't known because of tagteam wrestling, and neither was Bockwinkle. That can't be said about those on my list, yep....a made up team. Hell Stevens ruled NORCAL rasslin' for years as the US champion, even faced Bockwinkle a few times.

When talking the Young Bucks, yep....tagteamers....that isn't the case with Stevens and Bockwinkle.

Bret Hart is arguably known more for his single career.

Shawn Michaels the same.

Booker T the same.

Yet you listed the Hart Foundation, Harlem Heat, and the Midnight Rockers on your list of "real teams".

Shawn Michaels the same.

Booker T the same.

Yet you listed the Hart Foundation, Harlem Heat, and the Midnight Rockers on your list of "real teams".

Shawn Michaels the same.

Booker T the same.

Google those three, you won;t go far before ya start reading about their tagteam exploits, now try that with Stevens and Bockwinkle. Totally different deal.

Work with me here.

The Midnight Rockers
Harlem Heat
The Hart Foundation

You don't see the difference there between that and this.......Ray Stevens and Nick Bockwinkle......really?

Dick the Brusier and Crusher Lisowski
Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson
Antonio Rocca and Vitorio Apollo

That isn't a "tagteam" like....

The Brunetti's
The Gallaghers
The Youngbloods
The Medics
The Kentuckians

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers didn't tag much but when he did he always tagged with The Big O Bob Orton, yep....the grandpa. A made up team.

Then we have The Fabulous Kangaroos

Last edited:
Google those three, you won;t go far before ya start reading about their tagteam exploits, now try that with Stevens and Bockwinkle. Totally different deal.

Work with me here.

The Midnight Rockers
Harlem Heat
The Hart Foundation

You don't see the difference there between that and this.......Ray Stevens and Nick Bockwinkle......really?

Dick the Brusier and Crusher Lisowski
Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson
Antonio Rocca and Vitorio Apollo

That isn't a "tagteam" like....

The Brunetti's
The Gallaghers
The Youngbloods
The Medics
The Kentuckians
3 reigns.

Combined 1200 + days as champions.

Nick and Ray were a legit tag team. The fact both had singles success doesn't change that.

Back