• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stevenson vs. Cloud, Chavez Jr. vs. Vera Sept.28

Anyone else completely worn out of how much coverage Gatti/Ward still gets? Legendary Nights coming back, and here it is again, two mediocre fighers defending punches with their faces for 36 rounds. There are so many other fights they could do with much higher caliber fighters and much more important fights, Gatti/Ward doesnt need to be revisited again IMO.

Anyone else completely worn out of how much coverage Gatti/Ward still gets? Legendary Nights coming back, and here it is again, two mediocre fighers defending punches with their faces for 36 rounds. There are so many other fights they could do with much higher caliber fighters and much more important fights, Gatti/Ward doesnt need to be revisited again IMO.

Not the prettiest fight by any means but still an amazing fight. I love it and still watch round 9 from time to time. I have no problem with it. Hope they do more as well.

Cloud never had a chance shocked people picked him.

I was holding out hope that he would be durable enough to eventually catch Stevenson who lost to a lesser fighter before, but guess not , Tavoris got battered.

I still watch round 9 and the last minute of round 5 before many of my work outs...

great fucking fight...and two guys who really left it in the ring...all the respect to them...

I still watch round 9 and the last minute of round 5 before many of my work outs...

great fucking fight...and two guys who really left it in the ring...all the respect to them...

It was a good scrap, but need to put the caliber of fighter in context. Barrera/Morales is a far far superior trilogy with 2 genuine great boxers, I and for single fights there are so many others they could do.

It was a good scrap, but need to put the caliber of fighter in context. Barrera/Morales is a far far superior trilogy with 2 genuine great boxers, I and for single fights there are so many others they could do.

yeah, Corrales vs Castillo...

Vargas vs Trinidad...

all three of the Barrera/Morales...

the first Arguello vs Pryor...

and I might get flack for this, but Provo vs Bradley is going to go down as a classic...

If Jr. ever fights Andre Ward he's going to get beaten down so bad, they may need medical personnel ringside just in case.

Vargas vs Trinidad...

and I might get flack for this, but Provo vs Bradley is going to go down as a classic...

I think they did Arguello/Pryor both fights in one show.

They could do Lewis/Vitali - the last really important HW fight and even though it only went 6 was incredible drama that still gets talked about. Dozens of others which were either highly important or high skill, I just don't see why they are going straight for Gatti Ward again which has been hammered to death.

Hamed/Barrera is one I would love to see too, Peter/Klitschko I could be a good one as it was definitely make or break for WK and a high caliber and high drama fight, so many!

If Jr. ever fights Andre Ward he's going to get beaten down so bad, they may need medical personnel ringside just in case.

That may be the pay day Andre Needs , other than Froch , not that many other draws

honestly, they were not the most technically beautiful matches ever, but they were wars, and everyone loves heart. that much cannot be denied. who DOESNT like watching those fights even in reruns today?

especially when taken into consideration the lack luster the recent mayweather vs canilo fight was or the horrible chavez jr vs vera decision was tonight.

say what you want, i love to see two guys go at it just as much as i love to see skills reign dominant. im looking forward to alvarado vs anyone and the marquez vs bradley fights more than anyone in the previously mentioned fights. call me crazy, i like fireworks.

Yeah, who needs boxing when you have headliners like these???

ortiz_shamrock.jpg

Not to be rude, but that fight happened nearly 7 years ago.

I'm a fan of MMA and boxing, by the way.

honestly, they were not the most technically beautiful matches ever, but they were wars, and everyone loves heart. that much cannot be denied. who DOESNT like watching those fights even in reruns today?

especially when taken into consideration the lack luster the recent mayweather vs canilo fight was or the horrible chavez jr vs vera decision was tonight.

say what you want, i love to see two guys go at it just as much as i love to see skills reign dominant. im looking forward to alvarado vs anyone and the marquez vs bradley fights more than anyone in the previously mentioned fights. call me crazy, i like fireworks.

I think people sometimes mistake highly tactical fights as lackluster. Rigo/Donaire for me was so much more fun to watch than Gatti/Ward, for example.

Not to be rude, but that fight happened nearly 7 years ago.

I'm a fan of MMA and boxing, by the way.

I know, I just threw it out there as an example of some of the junk UFC has aired in response to the usual forum raid of UFC'ers trying to make fun of boxing after a bad decision.

I was a fan of both for a long time, but dropped UFC around the time TUF and the nu-metal influence came in, and that filtered through to the fanbase. I loved it in the early days, but can't stand it now.

Vargas vs Trinidad...

Corrales vs. Castillo was a Showtime fight. So, no Legendary Nights for that one. They already did Pryor vs. Arguello.

I'd like to see episodes on the aforementioned Trinidad vs. Vargas and Barrera vs. Morales fights as well as
Morales vs. Pacquiao
Pacquiao vs. Marquez
de la Hoya vs. Vargas
Cotto vs. Margarito
Jones vs. Tarver
Hopkins vs. Trinidad
de la Hoya vs. Mosley

Actually, Seano enlightened a bunch of us on that outcome. If only he would use his wisdom on this happening.

Too many Judges only score "hard" punches. Its just lazy judging.

Its flattering how you all look up to me.

I think people sometimes mistake highly tactical fights as lackluster. Rigo/Donaire for me was so much more fun to watch than Gatti/Ward, for example.

i wont argue, the emotional part of watching a gatti v ward trilogy gets in the way. and as i said in my original post, a tactical skill display is just as enjoyable. hence i sighted donaire as a figher i love to watch, skill and power (often times confused with brawl). and again, in my first post i sighted alvarez, of whom i think is skilled when it comes to shoulder to shoulder boxing and throwing bombs, but he can (though rarely) does he show footwork and spacking set by is tremendous jab and lead hook.

i just happen to think its not THAT hard to enjoy different fights for different reasons.... as well as its not THAT hard to realize that some are lackluster or god forbid horrific.

the typical fan, and any fight fan will love a gatti v ward battle..... not everyone has the eye to see how ali beat fazier OR how he lost to him.... its clear as day if you look at it objectively

throwing another one on the pile for fucking bullshit scores. 8 rounds, huh? 8 of them....

Poor Vera.

Back