Steven Seagal

Monkey Pride

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ok so everyone always makes fun when he helps fighters train. Is he some kind of weird semi celebrity fanboy who asks fighters if they need help? Do they only say yes so as not to hurt his feelings? He must know something about something if it doesn't come about that way and fighters are reaching out to him.

he pays them, its simple.

Lyoto wrote him a letter, begging for Seagal to teach him.

Both Anderson and Lyoto owe some of their greatest victories to Seagal.

Lyoto: "Mistery Steven Seagaly chort me" <--- verbatim quote.

He fought for his life against the ninja's of Japan every day, growing up as a child.

lmao @ helwani: "the honorable sensei seagal"

jokes aside, it has to be some sort of fuckin inside joke between fighters.

Seagal is a great figure amongst martial artists. Just forget about his movies (or antics) for a second. He's the first foreigner to ever operate a dojo in Japan, a country where traditions and principles are sky high, if they made an exception for him it probably means he's exceptional. He have many more dojos in different countries around the world and is revered by his students.

Anderson Silva credited him for his front kick ko over Vitor Belfort, and it was pretty much the first time you saw that kind of technique in the UFC back then. Since that ko you see that technique being used a lot more, so like it or not he does have some contribution to the evolution of the sport. And he is also a highly spiritual guy, and some fighters are finding some strenght mentally when they train with him.

So personally I don't understand the hate over this guy, sure he seems like a very weird character but he does have some knowledge that many fighters are looking for

GwcFUe.jpg

Lyoto wrote him a letter, begging for Seagal to teach him.

Both Anderson and Lyoto owe some of their greatest victories to Seagal.

Lyoto: "Mistery Steven Seagaly chort me" <--- verbatim quote.

No can defend.

Randy had no chance.

I think it's like an inside joke to walk Segal around with their crew.

Seagal is a great figure amongst martial artists. Just forget about his movies (or antics) for a second. He's the first foreigner to ever operate a dojo in Japan, a country where traditions and principles are sky high, if they made an exception for him it probably means he's exceptional. He have many more dojos in different countries around the world and is revered by his students.

Anderson Silva credited him for his front kick ko over Vitor Belfort, and it was pretty much the first time you saw that kind of technique in the UFC back then. Since that ko you see that technique being used a lot more, so like it or not he does have some contribution to the evolution of the sport. And he is also a highly spiritual guy, and some fighters are finding some strenght mentally when they train with him.

So personally I don't understand the hate over this guy, sure he seems like a very weird character but he does have some knowledge that many fighters are looking for

Yeah...umm Seagal just managed the dojo because his father in law owned it. Also in the 1960's when seagal claimed to train with the founder of aikido people said he was there but never spent much time training or on the mat. He was known as the kid that sat around and played guitar,

Yeah...umm Seagal just managed the dojo because his father in law owned it. Also in the 1960's when seagal claimed to train with the founder of aikido people said he was there but never spent much time training or on the mat. He was known as the kid that sat around and played guitar,

And what is your source for that? He went to Japan with his father for military reasons and decided to stay there to train with a Japanese martial arts master, I never read that his father was a dojo owner

Edit: NM what I said I misread, yeah his father in law was a dojo owner but IMO you don't attain a 7th degree black belt by only playing guitar

It doesn't matter, aikido is fuckin useless when it comes to mma or a fight against anyone with experience fighting (barring aikido)

And what is your source for that? He went to Japan with his father for military reasons and decided to stay there to train with a Japanese martial arts master, I never read that his father was a dojo owner

Edit: NM what I said I misread, yeah his father in law was a dojo owner but IMO you don't attain a 7th degree black belt by only playing guitar

Also the fat punk almost got his ass kicked at one of Sylvester stallones parties back in 80's. By van damm I believe but seagal was too pussy. Everyone makes a joke of seagal. Your boy is a prick and a fake.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seagal later help train CM Punk for his UFC debut and walk out with him lol.

Of coarse he knows something. People who say's he is clueless are very ignorant.

It doesn't matter, aikido is fuckin useless when it comes to mma or a fight against anyone with experience fighting (barring aikido)

Aikido is pretty much useless against anyone with - or without - fighting experience.

However, Aikido is awesome for both rehearsed martial arts presentations and claiming it is too "deadly" to be used for sport/MMA.

Aikido is perfect for Seagal.

Also the fat punk almost got his ass kicked at one of Sylvester stallones parties back in 80's. By van damm I believe but seagal was too pussy. Everyone makes a joke of seagal. Your boy is a prick and a fake.

yeah, at a party Sly threw in Miami (or somewhere near there). think it was late 80 or early 90s. Supposedly Seagal backed out and left the party while JCVD was waiting to kick his butt. Heard that story from Sly himself during an interview.

It is like he is trying to be who 7 year old boys wanted to be when they grew up. He's lied about doing Black Ops for the government. He's gotten punked trying to hang with mafia tough guys. He awkwardly hangs around the fighters that will let him, probably just because they are big fans of pop culture. He's bribed his way into being declared a reincarnated buddhist monk. He's made an awful music album where he does like 8 different styles of music poorly. Really, check it out if you want to hear Sensei Seagal say "mi want the punani" in a fake patois.

The difference is most 7 year old boys actually grow up.

Back