Steven Seagal

It is like he is trying to be who 7 year old boys wanted to be when they grew up. He's lied about doing Black Ops for the government. He's gotten punked trying to hang with mafia tough guys. He awkwardly hangs around the fighters that will let him, probably just because they are big fans of pop culture. He's bribed his way into being declared a reincarnated buddhist monk. He's made an awful music album where he does like 8 different styles of music poorly. Really, check it out if you want to hear Sensei Seagal say "mi want the punani" in a fake patois.

The difference is most 7 year old boys actually grow up.

Haha killer post !!
The guy is excentric as hell, and I can't say I hate that as most posters here do.

Both Lyoto And Anderson can thank Segal for much of their success.

..Or..Steven Segal is a brand, like Nike, And pay sponsorship money, to be exposed/talked about, just like any other sponsor.

Haha killer post !!
The guy is excentric as hell, and I can't say I hate that as most posters here do.

I know what you mean, for me he is a love-to-hate kind of guy. I am glad he exists, he is anything but boring.

What year did Judo Gene make Seagal shit his pants?

Seagal's brains must have also been squeezed out of his ass when Gene choked him unconscious.

segal is a master. most here are master of.....nothing.

His technique destroyed trt and ended an old mans reign,

you can by marring in to it.

And what is your source for that? He went to Japan with his father for military reasons and decided to stay there to train with a Japanese martial arts master, I never read that his father was a dojo owner

Edit: NM what I said I misread, yeah his father in law was a dojo owner but IMO you don't attain a 7th degree black belt by only playing guitar

I think Seagal haters are the 'too cool for school' crowd. Relax, don't be so insecure and enjoy the colourful quotes Seagal says. At the worst he has some decent B-Grade movies.

I think Seagal haters are the 'too cool for school' crowd. Relax, don't be so insecure and enjoy the colourful quotes Seagal says. At the worst he has some decent B-Grade movies.

nahh. I think he might be the worst actor i've ever seen in my life. He makes JCVD look like sean penn or christian bale.

Seagal is a great figure amongst martial artists. Just forget about his movies (or antics) for a second. He's the first foreigner to ever operate a dojo in Japan, a country where traditions and principles are sky high, if they made an exception for him it probably means he's exceptional. He have many more dojos in different countries around the world and is revered by his students.

Anderson Silva credited him for his front kick ko over Vitor Belfort, and it was pretty much the first time you saw that kind of technique in the UFC back then. Since that ko you see that technique being used a lot more, so like it or not he does have some contribution to the evolution of the sport. And he is also a highly spiritual guy, and some fighters are finding some strenght mentally when they train with him.

So personally I don't understand the hate over this guy, sure he seems like a very weird character but he does have some knowledge that many fighters are looking for

LMAO. Are you one of his students? Anderson later laughed and said seagal didn't teach him anything which I know is true. Anderson can thank his TKD background on that front kick. It's been used before just not many people are taught to kick like that or have the timing for it. Yeah steve is good at his aikido I will give him that.

He taught Anderson the front kick, doesn't get anymore legit than that.

Feijio still hasn't recovered from the beating he took from Sensei.

Anderson said he didn't coach him, didn't train him but he's a good man lol. He almost looks frustrated in this interview

[YT]HUSplS8mEUc#t=112[/YT]

Segal on Van Damme (I'm guessing this interview happened after the story came out that Van Damme challenged him to a fight and Segal ran away)

[YT]/watch?v=8FbRDgX9oJc[/YT]

he horses around these events to get his name in the spotlight. fighters get extra attention and the martial artist in them is curious since he has a big Aikido background, they may not know he's a compulsive liar.

I love it when he's around, should be around more often. Too much fun to watch.

He taught Anderson the front kick, doesn't get anymore legit than that.

I hear what you are saying and it really comes across unbelievable but you sometimes have to sit back and look at things objectivity.

Anderson has praised Seagal and so has Machida. They both are top of the food chain fighter of this generation and would not waste their time with bullshit gimicks. No serious professional would.

Now we have Cormier also willing to learn and actually excited to work with Seagal and claiming that some of the stuff that Seagal has taught him works.

I like to call bullshit but 3 bad ass pro fighters with Martial arts credentials coming out of their arses are all praising him....it can't be coincidence or a joke.

There has to be some truth to it. In fact I now strongly believe that Seagal may have legitamtley worked with Silva on the kick that dropped Belfort.

I am sure Silva already knew how to perform a front kick but its not unthinkable that he helped Silva "refine" or improve that particular technique.

TLDR

Too much of a coincidence that 3 top pro fighters praise Seagal for it to be bullshit.

meanwhile Gene Lebell is packing some diapers.

They can't really let sensei compete in the sport because he would make all the other fighters look bad and that's not good for business. So all he has left is to pass his knowledge on.

Back