Steroids vs Stem cells

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Both substances help your body recover much faster.
Both substances help your body rejuvenate and make you perform better.
The only difference I see is steroids are old science and most fighters are accustomed to it, while stem cells therapy is relatively new science whose potential will be fully exploited in the decades to come. Reminder, steroid are not banned for regular use, just for sports. Proper use of steroids help millions of people have better lives.

Do you think they will ban stem cells therapy, since it is basically giving you a great physical advantage? Not just mma, but all sports in general.
Your heart is damaged due to 20 years of hard work in the gym? No problem, lets repair it with stem cells. It will not skip a beat.
Your testosterone is low? Lets fix your balls with stems and make you a 20yo again.
Your knees are shot? Lets do'em.

The line between banned science and allowed science is getting thinner and thinner. What are your thoughts?

latest

Gene editing will be the thing that DESTROYS sports!

Everyone will be the size and as athletic as the average sherdogger!!

LOL man sooooo dark. Something I would do <Lmaoo>

As per the topic one of the big differences is the fact that steroids cause a slew of health problems. I see what you are saying though, definitely an interesting perspective of the matter.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking stem cells will be some magic injections that fully regenerate limbs, alright?

Gene editing will be the thing that DESTROYS sports!

Everyone will be the size and as athletic as the average sherdogger!!

No amount of fancy-shmancy "Science" can measure up to the eons of inbreeding that had to take place in order to achieve the perfection that is...SHERBROS!!!

No amount of fancy-shmancy "Science" can measure up to the eons of inbreeding that had to take place in order to achieve the perfection that is...SHERBROS!!!

We were all created in a lab!

Maybe we are the REAL Sayian Race?? lol

The only difference I see is steroids are old science and most fighters are accustomed to it, while stem cells therapy is relatively new science whose potential will be fully exploited in the decades to come. Reminder, steroid are not banned for regular use, just for sports. Proper use of steroids help millions of people have better lives.

Do you think they will ban stem cells therapy, since it is basically giving you a great physical advantage? Not just mma, but all sports in general.
Your heart is damaged due to 20 years of hard work in the gym? No problem, lets repair it with stem cells. It will not skip a beat.
Your testosterone is low? Lets fix your balls with stems and make you a 20yo again.

The line between banned science and allowed science is getting thinner and thinner. What are your thoughts?

A big and obvious difference is that stem cells aren't a "substance" so they cannot be detected by analytical methods. Secondly, stem cell treatment can help you heal faster/better but it doesn't give you advantages compared to your natural capabilities.

A big and obvious difference is that stem cells aren't a "substance" so they cannot be detected by analytical methods. Secondly, stem cell treatment can help you heal faster/better but it doesn't give you advantages compared to your natural capabilities.
Hmm. So different growth factors or hormones don't give you advantages?

Steroids are for cowards and stem cells are for people who want to get healthy

Steroids are for cowards and stem cells are for people who want to get healthy
But still WADA is very concerned that it is a sophisticated way of doing drugs/growth hormones that are impossible to detect. ..

But still WADA is very concerned that it is a sophisticated way of doing drugs/growth hormones that are impossible to detect. ..
How is it a sophisticated way of doing drugs/growth hormones? Genuine question I don't know much about stem cells, it's like regeneration right?

The downside to stem cells is not using your body you need to rest and let them do their work. What fighter is going to take weeks off without training for that?

Stem Cells would never be able to repair a heart, heart damage is permanent. You have plenty of ligaments, bones, organs which can be rejuvenated by medical, but the heart will never be one of them.

If only you could get the strain that allows a portion of the liver to regrow to full size, but obviously adapt it to the organ it's going to be replacing... Man the black market would be bankrupt then.

How is it a sophisticated way of doing drugs/growth hormones? Genuine question I don't know much about stem cells, it's like regeneration right?
I don't know much about it either. Just read interviews of anti-doping officials having this concern.
I guess since it can mend bones and tissue, it can also make it bigger.
One of the most common ways is making new "heart-muscle cells".

Last edited:
Interesting.
How about stem cells infused with roids.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking stem cells will be some magic injections that fully regenerate limbs, alright?

This, i've heard body can also reject them.

Back