Steroids vs Stem cells

latest
0545c7821866abab21fbe12e859f4df93dedda-v5-wm.jpg

The downside to stem cells is not using your body you need to rest and let them do their work. What fighter is going to take weeks off without training for that?

Well if they would be doing so anyway because of an injury, stem cells can speed up the healing process.

Sherdoggers are triggered by anything that can possible "enhance" performance, down to tylenol and caffeine

TS I think that will depend.

The problem with steroids in sport is not that it helps people perform at near peak levels. It is the deleterious health effects they have on the athletes that become the bar of admission for most athletes if they also want to play.

So if Stem Cells have the ability to be abused to hit even better levels of performance and that comes with terrible health consequences then yes they will likely be banned.

Gene editing will be the thing that DESTROYS sports!

Everyone will be the size and as athletic as the average sherdogger!!
Nothing science can ever achieve will hold a candle to the average Dogger. These are men of legend

No more manlets, yay!

Dana will finally be able to shut down the strawweights.

Stem cells don't pulse!

Wait till Bones hears about them :)

Sherdoggers are triggered by anything that can possible "enhance" performance, down to tylenol and caffeine
Coffee make a huge difference in keeping a man sharp and concentrated. I am drinking one now.

TS I think that will depend.

The problem with steroids in sport is not that it helps people perform at near peak levels. It is the deleterious health effects they have on the athletes that become the bar of admission for most athletes if they also want to play.

So if Stem Cells have the ability to be abused to hit even better levels of performance and that comes with terrible health consequences then yes they will likely be banned.

I think steroids have a bad name because they are used improperly. If they were used in a controled way with doctors prescription there would be much less side effect. Now it is down to the gyms to figure out what works for them. Most can't afford doctors.

Steroids are for cowards and stem cells are for people who want to get healthy
From one perspective what you say is true. From another perspective it's dogmatic. When you train hard and consistently, it's inevitable that injuries occur. When this happens, steroids have a place for professional athletes in my opinion. At the very least I think they should be allowed to use HGH within specified amounts to recover from injuries, or during the leadup to a fight. Maybe allow them a 1-2 month cycle during training camp, or 1 month for verified injuries according to xrays, mri's etc. Taking 4-8mg twice a day, every other day during the cycle would help them with healing. There isnt any huge strength increase from that amount. Lots of healing, better metabolism and sleep would be the main benefits.

Stem cells are endogenous, that is they are naturally present in the body. You are simply taking them from one place and moving then to another

Steroids are exogenous, that is, you are taking them and adding them to the body

Fundemental and crucial difference

syntetic hormones make the user a better version of himself, it doesn't seem the same with steam cells.

that said, i'm not sold about sm.

From one perspective what you say is true. From another perspective it's dogmatic. When you train hard and consistently, it's inevitable that injuries occur. When this happens, steroids have a place for professional athletes in my opinion. At the very least I think they should be allowed to use HGH within specified amounts to recover from injuries, or during the leadup to a fight. Maybe allow them a 1-2 month cycle during training camp, or 1 month for verified injuries according to xrays, mri's etc. Taking 4-8mg twice a day, every other day during the cycle would help them with healing. There isnt any huge strength increase from that amount. Lots of healing, better metabolism and sleep would be the main benefits.
Nope, you have to be an absolute coward and pussy to use steroids in combat sports. If injuries are occuring then you're not training properly or not taking enough rest. Being a pussy and taking steroids to cheat is such a scumbag thing to do and only the most pathetic cowards do it. It's not about strength increases it's about having an unfair advantage over fighters who aren't taking steroids. Lots of professional athletes don't take steroids and there is no excuse for those that do, they should be ashamed of themselves for being such cowards

I don't think stem cells therapy has been proven to really work (I mean real evidence not Joe Rogan )

Stem cells are endogenous, that is they are naturally present in the body. You are simply taking them from one place and moving then to another

Steroids are exogenous, that is, you are taking them and adding them to the body

Fundemental and crucial difference

So what is testosterone then?

Another reason why Steroid and other PEDs are banned is because of it's negative effects.I think that's the main reason, not because it gives you an advantage. Everyone would be able to use it so that evens the play field. It's illegal cuz of the negative health effects.

If stem cells don't have any negative effects, I can see it being legal. Just like kinesiology tape, energy drink, etc.

So what is testosterone then?

naturally occurring testosterone, endogenous

synthesised testosterone that you inject/rub on etc, exogenous

testing can determine which is which

naturally occurring testosterone, endogenous

synthesised testosterone that you inject/rub on etc, exogenous

testing can determine which is which

And they work exactly alike. One is meant to replace the other, right?

Both substances help your body recover much faster.
Both substances help your body rejuvenate and make you perform better.
The only difference I see is steroids are old science and most fighters are accustomed to it, while stem cells therapy is relatively new science whose potential will be fully exploited in the decades to come. Reminder, steroid are not banned for regular use, just for sports. Proper use of steroids help millions of people have better lives.

Do you think they will ban stem cells therapy, since it is basically giving you a great physical advantage? Not just mma, but all sports in general.
Your heart is damaged due to 20 years of hard work in the gym? No problem, lets repair it with stem cells. It will not skip a beat.
Your testosterone is low? Lets fix your balls with stems and make you a 20yo again.
Your knees are shot? Lets do'em.

The line between banned science and allowed science is getting thinner and thinner. What are your thoughts?
stem cells doesn't fix balls dude. we're now living in the stemcell tourism era, where someting new that is working for specific things is blown up to be someting that magically fixes every unpleasant feeling in your life, can make you forever young etc....

Both substances help your body recover much faster.
Both substances help your body rejuvenate and make you perform better.
The only difference I see is steroids are old science and most fighters are accustomed to it, while stem cells therapy is relatively new science whose potential will be fully exploited in the decades to come. Reminder, steroid are not banned for regular use, just for sports. Proper use of steroids help millions of people have better lives.

Do you think they will ban stem cells therapy, since it is basically giving you a great physical advantage? Not just mma, but all sports in general.
Your heart is damaged due to 20 years of hard work in the gym? No problem, lets repair it with stem cells. It will not skip a beat.
Your testosterone is low? Lets fix your balls with stems and make you a 20yo again.
Your knees are shot? Lets do'em.

The line between banned science and allowed science is getting thinner and thinner. What are your thoughts?
Stem cells aren’t performance enhancing. They’re legal under Usada. The stuff you’re saying doesn’t sound like it’s based in science.

Back