• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steroid Use was RAMPANT in Pride FC | The HJR Experiment

I didn't say that. FFS Barnett and others that you wouldn't have guessed were taking PEDs. Physiques you would've never guessed. The real truth is guys pre 2015 are people's favorite top fighters and there WAS a shift. Why did so many guys turn into garbage after then? I mean guys looked different from Pride to UFC in that time too. It's how they looked athletically, moving and power. Have you guys noticed more fighters take time off today than they used to? Champs defending belts 3x a year wasn't even something that was considered "insane".

The truth hurts. I hope I'm walking the fine line of what we can discuss without getting a yellow card. I get nervous bringing up my real opinion on PEDs here.
Well when protocols, rules, norms all change it takes time to adjust. There’s tons of reason why guys who fought in a ring with a different ruleset in PRIDE would look worse in UFC. And some didn’t. Anderson dominated UFC, Hendo looked good, Rampage, etc.

Guys fight less now because there’s more money involved not because they physically can’t. Guys make more not fighting than they do fighting

Well when protocols, rules, norms all change it takes time to adjust. There’s tons of reason why guys who fought in a ring with a different ruleset in PRIDE would look worse in UFC. And some didn’t. Anderson dominated UFC, Hendo looked good, Rampage, etc.

Guys fight less now because there’s more money involved not because they physically can’t. Guys make more not fighting than they do fighting
All good points and are the usual "why did X pride fighter suck when they left". But then why is Jan 1st 2015 (usada start date) such a turning point in so many careers within the UFC? It feels like after this era joined in guys started taking longer between fights. You could be right about the money outside of UFC being better than in, someone like Ryan Hall is a good example. But others just turned "old" overnight and records went from win streaks to losses.

And most likely a bunch of junk when he was in Pride as well.

Dunno about his Pride days, but it’s definitely documented Rampage used TRT before the Bader fight when it was legal. Testosterone is a steroid, so yes Rampage used steroids at one point in his career.

Dunno about his Pride days, but it’s definitely documented Rampage used TRT before the Bader fight when it was legal. Testosterone is a steroid, so yes Rampage used steroids at one point in his career.
people just want to cherry pick, pick and choose which examples help their "argument." they think a microsoft word document posted by enson inoue is the end all be all, and that any other discussion of PED usage is just heresy. if we're going to allow one, then we must allow all for honest discussion. otherwise it makes no sense.

All good points and are the usual "why did X pride fighter suck when they left". But then why is Jan 1st 2015 (usada start date) such a turning point in so many careers within the UFC? It feels like after this era joined in guys started taking longer between fights. You could be right about the money outside of UFC being better than in, someone like Ryan Hall is a good example. But others just turned "old" overnight and records went from win streaks to losses.
Well of course when USADA first came in guys didn’t know what to expect. That’s what I meant by changing protocols. Now it’s a known commodity and guys know what to expect like with the local commissions. I don’t doubt it was effective when athletes were ignorant to what they were facing.

I recently posted some stats that 1% of Olympic athletes have failed WADA tests but 60% admitted to using PEDs. Even though it was anonymous I’m sure the number is higher than those who admit. And there are Olympic events with no money or reason to use PEDs like archery or whatever. In UFC the number is 10% have failed USADA tests. Olympic athletes and teams are used to these tests so they almost never fail. MMA athletes are still getting used to them but it didn’t take long.

Just think if the mainstream media posted news 20 years after the original story broke. Lol

Old news. Common knowledge. But let’s be real, it’s not cheating if everyone’s using.

that said, I miss when guys used PED’s. At least TRT. I mean, props to guys who wanted to prove a point by fighting clean, but idk why you wouldn’t want to max out your physical potential before combat.

bring back IV’s so guys can rehydrate fully. That reduces the likelihood of traumatic brain injuries and concussions. Let the old guys get their TRT exemptions so they can give us a few more great fights. Let the young guys get by with tainted creatine.

We got robbed of TRT Vitor’s best years. And I think Anderson would’ve done a bit better in his last few fights.

Maybe I’m just being selfish. Maybe I’m just in favor of the older guys because they have all the knowledge and skill….it just sucks that their bodies can’t keep up.

in the end, I wanna see guys maxed out. Steroids aren’t even a guarantee. They’re just an enhancer. Conor juices (allegedly…please no yellows). Conor still couldn’t beat Dustin.

Trt vitor lost to Silva. Marquardt lost to Silva. Giant Silva lost to hunt.

PED’s don’t guarantee success. So why not just regulate the use instead of banning it altogether? Let the old guys extend their careers. Let the young guys max out.

sheesh. What a ridiculous rant. Still gonna post it. Lmao

Don't "bring back IVs" to guys can "rehydrate properly". Have day-of weigh-ins. That's actually more healthy for the fighter and once implemented would drastically decrease weight-cutting issues, ailments, and last-minute pull-outs. Professional athletes with their bank check on the line wouldn't be "dying" on the day-of to make it to a weight-class that they can only maintain for a couple of minutes/hours before needing to IV re-hydrate or gain back 10, 15, or 20+ lbs of lost water in a 24-hour period.

You’d probably end up with more last minute pull outs

What was the UFCs drug testing policy back in the day? The answer is they didn't have one but the governing body who gave fighters licenses to fight required it, but I would hardly call it drug testing at all. We are talking about athletic commissions like NSAC who were corrupt and ineffective and still are

Ninja and Shogun had Godly cardio in Pride. Who can fight at a 100% pace for 10 minutes straight. Then in the UFC all our pride stars sort of dropped by performance. I mean Pride guyd became Champs. They just didn't fight that crazy anymore.

If PEDS are legalized the camps with the best medical staff would dominate. The less informed fighters with little money would not stand a chance. Fighters with money would have a huge advantage, PED regiments are expensive. Of course PEDS do not guarantee success but they make a huge difference. Many Sherdoggers have no idea the difference PEDS make in nearly every aspect of MMA. See Ben Johnson (speed), Lance Armstrong, (endurance/strength), Barry Bonds (Power) ....this list goes on and on.

Imagine your kid or brother getting called up to the UFC only to get hurt badly by an opponent on a full PED regiment.

Having your favorite older fighters fighting on TRT exemptions just increases their chance of CRT.

That's why it's safe for everyone to take them ?

Testing doesn't prevent peds

Well of course when USADA first came in guys didn’t know what to expect. That’s what I meant by changing protocols. Now it’s a known commodity and guys know what to expect like with the local commissions. I don’t doubt it was effective when athletes were ignorant to what they were facing.

I recently posted some stats that 1% of Olympic athletes have failed WADA tests but 60% admitted to using PEDs. Even though it was anonymous I’m sure the number is higher than those who admit. And there are Olympic events with no money or reason to use PEDs like archery or whatever. In UFC the number is 10% have failed USADA tests. Olympic athletes and teams are used to these tests so they almost never fail. MMA athletes are still getting used to them but it didn’t take long.
Interesting stats, sort of hard to argue against that. I imagine they are beating the system still too.

Lol UFC lets everyone do the same amount of steroids.

It really doesn’t even take much money. In the old days you had to know somebody, now you can buy HGH off of Chinese websites for cheap. Anyone who thinks PEDs are used less is ignorant. The types of PEDs have changed though. MMA fighters don’t benefit much by getting huge on roids anyways, it’s much more smart to improve your cardio with EPO and your recovery with HGH and keep your weight down.
I'd like to know more about those Chinese websites.
Any trustable one?

Back