• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sterling was absolutely pathetic

It’s not that easy to tell what’s acting or not in a situation where someone is just concussed. Behaviors aren’t expected to be normal or follow a fixed pattern.

Exactly. The Mayo clinic has a fairly long list of possible concussion indicators, including:

Other signs and symptoms of a concussion include:

• Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
  • Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event
  • Dizziness or "seeing stars"
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/concussion/symptoms-causes/syc-20355594

Stirling might have been acting, but if so I'll give him credit for going for symptoms that match those indicated by one of the best hospitals in the world.

One interesting point I haven't seen mentioned: in most other contact sports (especially the NFL and NHL) someone taking a head shot like Stirling did would immediately be taken out of the game, because even if they can get back on their head in a few minutes they're medically not fit to continue (ie they've increased susceptibility to the next hit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-impact_syndrome).

So if Stirling had been able to continue, he would have done so with a much weakened chin -- Yan's illegal knee would have given Yan a major advantage. In fact, throwing illegal strikes (like that knee, or eye-pokes) is a way of gaining significant unearned advantage. Its possible that Stirling knew he could continue, but only at 50%. Should he continue under those circumstances? If I were his coach I'd say no, you shouldn't let your opponent benefit from his illegal action.

The only way I can think of making continuing the fight fair would be to let the fighter fouled get a free shot like the one they took. In this case, put Yan on his knees and let Stirling knee him. That of course would get the UFC sued so quickly that it could never happen (and likely would even be against the law), but any other way of continuing the fight means an unearned advantage for the fighter who did the foul.

Last edited:
lay off the coke u little bitch stop spamming and go eat aljos dirty ass if u love him so much everyone and your mother knows Yan destroyed this fool no matter how much shit u talk here
Lol dude you're way too husky to be talking such trash my man, you couldnt fight your way out of bag of aljas diareea LOL

upload_2021-3-7_23-51-1-jpeg.838709

I agree that Aljamain was pathetic as he was obviously acting, but rules are rules. Yan will have a chance to regain the title next time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Like I said go eat aljos dirty monkey ass ur actions here just show that u a subhuman troll nobody gives a fuck what u got to say
Yuo1aPq.gif
<FookIsThatGuy>
Lol I almost feel sorry for you, this ain't the jersey shore you fat ass Kevin Roodolf
<JonesDXSuckIt>{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

i don't understand those giving sterling crap. that was a powerful illegal knee he received. yeah, he was losing the fight at that moment, but people shouldn't expect him to continue on after receiving such a devastating knee. maybe him winning wasn't the right call. a no contest for sure. but if the rules give him the win, then so be it. they're going to run it back, anyway.

Like I said go eat aljos dirty monkey ass ur actions here just show that u a subhuman troll nobody gives a fuck what u got to say
Yuo1aPq.gif
Hang on a minute, so you get double yellows for posting a funny gif, but being outright racist is fine?
And you are an out and out cunt, you would never speak like that in real life you sad piece of shit.

Let me knee you in the face from that position, and see if you want to keep going. Hell we can have that as the fight opener... I'll spot you the other 3 1/2 rounds.

Yan was way ahead on the cards, adrenaline got to him, in the fight, in the moment, and he fucked up. (I didn't know being human qualified as CHEATING LYING FUCKING DEATH INSTANTLY -- although we did provide two excellent "world wars" for all of our accomplishments.)

I say run it back and let Yan kick his ass some more to make a point.

However, if this were PRIDE, we'd LOVE EVERY FUCKING SECOND OF THIS. ;)

These threads always deteriorate into people arguing over completely separate issues.

I'm just glad we had ringside physicians Rogan and Cormier to verify that Sterling was definitely concussed.

In theory Stirling should have been taken to the dressing room and given a complete medical by a physician (as is done in the NFL and NHL) to determine whether he was concussed (takes about 20 minutes). However that works better in team sports, where the play can continue. I doubt the fans would go for it in MMA.

The UFC also has the problem that if Stirling says he's feeling concussion symptoms and the UFC forces him to fight anyway and he gets seriously hurt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-impact_syndrome) then Stirling or his family could sue them for almost everything they have. They have to err on the side of caution.

That knee landed flush. Yes, Aljo was tiring like a bitch and Yan lost his head but that's a DQ.

I'd understand if it skimmed his head, but it didn't. In reality Aljo could've pretend to go-out but I think when he processed what happened he to the "easier" way out. Can't blame him.

I thought they changed the definition of a downed opponent? downed should mean both knees planted or get rid of the stupid fucking rule to begin with. What a joke.

Lol 'clearly standing up'. Delusional.

I do agree Sterling was acting though. But who gives a fuck? Throwing a knee like that you 100% deserve to get DQ'd.
lol wtf i just noticed for the first time that Yan headbutts him before kneeinh him.

Somewhere, chris weidman is in shambles

lol, weidman deserved what he got. he was intentionally playing with the rules with touching the ground the way he was. sterling wasn't trying to milk anything. that was just an incredibly stupid move by yan.

petr should have spat at aljo's corner like Bisping did to Rivera's lol

Yes, his acting was very evident.

Yan is a complete idiot for throwing that knee, a UFC champion does not know the basic rules or what?
But Sterling knew very well that he was already gassed and getting owned, he perfectly knew that if he kept fighting he would get finished (And not because of the damage from the knee) so he just took an easy way out and “won” the belt in the most embarrassing way.

With all due respect, no shade, not insulting you but this is a dumb thread.

Why the fuck did yan throw the illegal knee? Instead of questioning the rule because you're salty about the outcome, why not question yan's behavior? Did anyone put a gun to his head and tell him to throw the knee? Why the fuck did he do it?

Don't know precisely why he did it, but the rule is still dumb. Maybe Yan thought he saw his knee come off the canvas, or thought he felt him rising up, and threw it? When the strike would be legal if the guy's knee is an inch off the canvas, it makes the rule ridiculous and prone to incidents like this one. They need to adjust that rule. Defenseless strikes happen all the time and they're perfectly legal. I don't know why a knee on the canvas is a safe zone for some reason.

Yan was winning the fight, but that was clearly an illegal strike and left Sterling unable to continue. No controversy here despite it being a shit way to win/lose a title.

Lol dude you're way too husky to be talking such trash my man, you couldnt fight your way out of bag of aljas diareea LOL

upload_2021-3-7_23-51-1-jpeg.838709
its beginning to look a lot like christmas... go to sleep and wake up with a shiny new gift

lol, weidman deserved what he got. he was intentionally playing with the rules with touching the ground the way he was. sterling wasn't trying to milk anything. that was just an incredibly stupid move by yan.
bro what are you smoking sterling is champion dairy farmer he was milkin that shit so bad

Back