• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Sterling vs Cejudo official scorecards + media scorecards

I saw it as a very clear 48-47 for aljo. Ik many can argue that a 48-47 by nature is close. But it wasn’t. The three rounds for aljo, 1, 2 and 4 were very clear to me

Look at the judges cards. They disagree with you in the majority of cases.
I had 2,3,5 for Cejudo personally. I definitely could see 2 for CCC though.

Sterling is great at looking busy and only stole the 4th with a takedown. CLose fight, not a robbery by any means, but Sterling has the most underwhelming title reign of any defending champion short of Bisping.

How was is not close? 2 judges gave Henry the 5th, if the other one did Henry wins. 2 judges gave Henry the 2nd round, if the other one did Henry wins. I think Aljo won but you can't say Henry couldn't have won as a fact.

I saw it as a very clear 48-47 for aljo. Ik many can argue that a 48-47 by nature is close. But it wasn’t. The three rounds for aljo, 1, 2 and 4 were very clear to me

this is exactly how i saw it. It was so easy to score properly yet the judges almost botched it.

I see a whole 2 people scored it for Cejudo and the junebug iq sherdoggers are actually crying "robbery".

So many delusional "fans" in MMA that know jack shit about what they're watching when MMA is on but will talk like they know it all

This . I'm a big CCC supporter too. Sterling won 3-2 .

I think CCC getting reverse in first round cost him the round.

Interesting argument but way the current system works nothing comes close to a 10-8 in that fight except the 10-8 against us fans with the lack of excitement. Card started off well and went if anything downhill as it progressed.
An idea that came to mewas if they add an extra point for the most dominant round as a tie breaker. score the first, score the 2nd and was it more dominant or equal to the first. 3rd then scored and was it more then 1 or 2? repeat for 4 & 5.

People whined about Hendricks vs GSP being a robbery. As a SD it could have gone either way. 2 rounds clear as day for each fighter and 1 round razor thin that could go to either one. Yet the most dominant round was GSP's. He outlanded Hendricks 31-15 in significant strikes in the 3rd. How is that equal to Hendricks 10-9 for the 2nd (30-28) or 4th (18-14)?

I find it interesting also to ask who were you rooting for to begin with? Cejudo landed no Impactful shots relative to Sterling who was landing some clearly impactful shots. Its very hard to watch a fight as a fan and also judge the fight. I don't see giving Cejudo more than the 2nd round in any convincing way.

I was rooting for Cejudo too but Aljo def took it. If the decision went to Cejudo it would have felt a bit wrong.

2, 3 and 5 Cejudo. But both 2nd and 3rd debatable in my opinion. Everything from 49-46 Aljo to 48-47 Cejudo are okay scores in my book. Though not if you have to give Aljo the 5th round to get there…

If I had to say who won, just based on the entire fight, not round score, I would say Aljo took it. But a very close fight.

I did not think it boring.. when you have to grapplers as skilled as in this fight, it can limit how much you can put into strikes, as to maintain balance. Certainly not a slugfest, but very high level…. And if either had tried throwing caution to the wind, that might well have resulted in a clear loss

I thought Aljo did so much damage close-up in the clinch that it kinda went unnoticed especially the nasty knees to the mid-section. I had it 3-2 or 4-1 Aljo. Henry did pretty good considering the circumstances.

Back