• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Sterling vs Cejudo official scorecards + media scorecards

Where did I say he controlled him? I said the 3rd and 5th are clear Cejudo rounds, that's the point lad. The 5th round shouldn't even be a discussion, the closest round without any doubt was the 2nd round.
Strikes were within 3. Cmon dude. Criteria is damage now. I could give him it, I just personally didn't see it.

Cejudo 2, 3, 5

I've always suspected the UFC stats were rigged but tonight proved it. There's no way in hell those 5 round sig strike stats were accurate
Yeah, I questioned that too. I thought maybe they were counting Aijo's pitty pat, short punches in the clinch.
I thought Aijo won but the fight was there for CCC. It went about how I expected though. I thought Aijo was going to be too big and long for CCC to get inside.

Strikes were within 3. Cmon dude. Criteria is damage now. I could give him it, I just personally didn't see it.
Those bitty kicks whilst for the most part of the 5th whilst he was going backwards constituted more damage than Cejudo landing a mix of kicks and to the head and body? Nah man, admit you are out on an island on this one and come back to the rational shore.

I thought Cejudo won. He landed the more effective strikes, and seemed to have more ground control. Cejudo's corner thought he was ahead, which may have impacted his approach in the last two rounds. It was a close fight though and each round saw good moments from both fighters. It is not clear how many strikes is equivalent to a take down, which makes it a little too arbitrary.

If Cejudo took him down at the end of the 5th he would’ve won that round and the whole fight. It’s the little things like this where people lose. The same judge who scored Rd. 5 for Aljamain scored the win for the Benevediz fight too.

1 and 4 were clear as day for aljo.

5 for Cejudo.

I felt 2-3 were close.

I gave Cejudo 3 myself
And 2 I couldn't decide between if I'm honest.

This really just stresses the face that a 10 pt. must scoring stupid is both stupid for MMA due to ruleset and number of rounds.

Rd. 1 was a much clearer round than 2 or 3 for example and should count for more.
Yeah 10 point must is stupid, created out of necessity taken from boxing in order to be approved by the athletic commissions. Completely silly. Aljos run continues to be pretty flat even though he’s fought some solid guys. He’ll beat Sean pretty easily I would assume. Henry Sean would have been a much funner fight. This card sorta sucked, feel bad to the people who spent fucking $80 to watch burns hurt his shoulder in round one and for aljo and Henry to have a light spar.

This would have been a perfect fight for Open Scoring imo

OK with the decision but giving Aljo the 5th is bonkers and borderline suspicious.

Had it 2,3,5 for Cejudo but 2 was a toss up and in my heart of hearts I knew Aljo was going to get the nod when they were reading the cards

The right guy won. It was close though in a sense that if something went slightly different the other fighter could have won a round.

I had Cejudo but it wasn’t a robbery, just a close fight.

Back