Media Stephen Thompson still sees a path to fighting Kamaru Usman: I still feel like I hold a threat

He doesn’t have any dangerous offensive striking and his offensive grappling is even worse.

No chance

Maybe if he was 5 years younger. But at 38, it's over bro.

And even still, if Gilbert was able to get him down, GOATmaru would smash him pretty quickly.

It's definitely the most interesting fight for Usman in my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see it.

How is it in any way an interesting fight? Burns was scared of the striking due to low confidence

The only way Wonderboy VS Usman happens is if Usman loses against Colby and he has to fight Wonderboy to get a titleshot.

Seriously, that's the ONLY way this fight ever happens. Period.

His way to the belt is Edwards. Even if he loses.

The delusion is strong with him, Wondecan would get destroyed by usman.
cant disagree with you that thompson loses to usman, but if you think hes a can, and that by usman holding him down = "destroyed" , then thats about all I can agree on with your post

cant disagree with you that thompson loses to usman, but if you think hes a can, and that by usman holding him down = "destroyed" , then thats about all I can agree on with your post
i felt he was always grossly overrated and got a lot more credit for the things he did, then what they actually warranted.

thats been my nickname for him for years now.

If he can't beat Gilbert Burns I cannot see how he can beat Usman.

not saying it's impossible, but, you have to say it's very unlikely. Thompson suffers when he is facing a very tough wrestler / grappler and that's really what Burns is good at, and Usman too.

This is like if Kevin Lee kept saying he still poses a threat to the title every time he loses. Oh wait he does do that.

Usman has better takedowns than Burns. Also better control. Usman would look at the Burns fight and form such a strategy. WB's TDD/ability to get up was thought to be good, yet unknown for a long time. Now it's known.

MW is right there with all the strikers, both the stand-up path to a title shot and the fun fights. And wouldn't need the weight cut torture at 40.

On paper, it's an intriguing striker vs wrestler match-up, but in reality, Thompson has proven time and again that he will be too tentative in the biggest fights.

Usman would ko him stiff. 0 wresslin needed.

There was a maybe that disappeared after he fought Burns. If Burns Can hold him down, Usman can too.

Back