Stephen Thompson is 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights...

There have been many people who have lost 4 in a row in the UFC.

Wonderboy is not one of them.

Most people agree that Masvidal was robbed in that fight.
This was a troll post about Masvidal fans right?

I guess Hector holds the record. I know they cut a lot of guys after 3. I completely forgot Masvidal, probably because I did not see that fight. Till was a robbery. My question was more rhetorical.

If 6 losses in a row is the record then BJ Penn is tied for it.

It takes two to tango, and great fighters bring out the best in their opponents. No doubt Pettis had a fire in his belly to test himself and see if he was still that guy, and WB provided the ideal environment to do so. Don't count WB out for this - his mind and heart are extremely strong, as anyone who watched him weather the storm of Woodley multiple times can attest.

They did cut Chuck Lidell with 3 but let Pettis fight on. Does any one know of any fighters that were allowed to fight on , after 4 losses in a row in UFC?

BJ Penn has lost 6 straight and will have a chance to make it 7 against Clay Guida
Arlovski lost 5 in a row and got booked
Condit lost 5 in a row and as far as I know hasn't been cut

BJ Penn has lost 6 straight and will have a chance to make it 7 against Clay Guida
Arlovski lost 5 in a row and got booked
Condit lost 5 in a row and as far as I know hasn't been cut
There was a strong 3 loss policy in affect in UFC but apparently UFC has made exceptions for fighters that were huge fan favorites and stars in their own rights. Josh Burkman might have been the true exception.
Due to his uniqueness and fan base Wonder Boy would also qualify. I just wonder what would happen if he lost his next fight.

Back