Stephen Thompson is 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights...

Its two in a row. Plus most people thought he beat till, and had two split decision losses to a reigning champ.

They did cut Chuck Lidell with 3 but let Pettis fight on. Does any one know of any fighters that were allowed to fight on , after 4 losses in a row in UFC?
He schooled Sherdog's darling Jorge Masvidal so bad between these 4 losses.

Most people agree that Masvidal was robbed in that fight.

Say what?

Not really a fan of wonderboy but literally no one here thought he lost that fight. He clearly beat masvidal. It was his best performance in years

Is he out of his prime? I feel like he was looking decent before Pettis obliterated him with that superman punch, I felt he should’ve got the nod in the Till fight, and his last win was a dominant performance against Masvidal. I think he just got caught with a big shot and I don’t think he’s done as a top fighter.

His legs were getting chewed up. I wonder what would have happened had the fight gone on??? But yeah he is 36 and probably hurting to make 170.

He is clearly in decline . He beat Rory fucking Macdonald for fuck sake and also won the second Woodley fight in many people eyes and got a draw in the first one.

Most people agree that Masvidal was robbed in that fight.

Most people agree that Wonderboy beat Till... who ended up getting KTFO by Masvidal.

I give Woodley the credit for being the more dangerous, better fighter, who found higher levels of success in both fights.

And while I'd admit that the spectrum of 10-9 is far too wide by current standards, and the second fight would have been a clear example of that; I still gave Thompson 3 clear rounds in each fight. They fought 10 rounds, Wonderboy edged 6
Fair enough but there is a 10-8 round for Woodley in there aswell

Sherdog should cut TS after the L he took starting this topic.
<{Ray1}>

And ts was never seen again

They did cut Chuck Lidell with 3 but let Pettis fight on. Does any one know of any fighters that were allowed to fight on , after 4 losses in a row in UFC?
He won against Jorge Masvidal and the Till loss was a BS decision. No 4 in a row. try reading before posting. Chuck Liddell was never cut, he retired.

Bro, they didn't even cut:
Hector Lombard: 6 consecutive losses
Josh Burkman: 5 consecutive losses

I give Woodley the credit for being the more dangerous, better fighter, who found higher levels of success in both fights.

And while I'd admit that the spectrum of 10-9 is far too wide by current standards, and the second fight would have been a clear example of that; I still gave Thompson 3 clear rounds in each fight. They fought 10 rounds, Wonderboy edged 6
This 100%

Wonderboy should've won the second fight by the 10 point must criteria.

Two loss fight streak and the Till decision is complete bullshit

Fair enough but there is a 10-8 round for Woodley in there aswell
True. The first fight definitely had it. And I think the fair draw result plus the boring second fight numbed people to the first one actually being a pretty decent fight overall.

But in the second one? The NSAC director stated he had to talk to Sal D'amato at the debriefing because his scoring the fifth round as a 10-8 was "unacceptable." In the end though, Sal was the one who had them at another draw. It was actually the equally awful judges Cleary and Lee who completely misscored Round 2. I couldn't imagine a worse lineup unless you throw Peoples or Byrd in there

Having said that, if it was scored "correctly," it still wouldn't have been a good decision. I'd imagine it like this: If Thompson won each of his 3 rounds by a 55-45 split, and both of Woodley's rounds were more into the 70-30 category, that'd still be 275-225 Woodley. But the problem is, judges don't start giving 10-8's until rounds are like 80-20, so in a fight Woodley did overall better in, he shoulda lost 2-3. Wonderboy would have been champ, and everyone would have started up with the "We should go to Pride rules" arguments, but at least we would be questioning the system, not how shit the judges are at staying consistent.

Last edited:
Bro, they didn't even cut:
Hector Lombard: 6 consecutive losses
Josh Burkman: 5 consecutive losses
I guess Hector holds the record. I know they cut a lot of guys after 3. I completely forgot Masvidal, probably because I did not see that fight. Till was a robbery. My question was more rhetorical.

Back