Media Stephen A Smith vows to respond to the bullsh*t from Rogan.

why is joe rogan trying to cancel culture the better A level commentator?

Stephen A Smith needs to stay. Sooner or later he’ll be attacking Dana’s dumb bullshit instead of going along with it like Joe the Shill.
Just like anyone who wants to throw away their salary and their job!

SAS will kill Joe Shill in any verbal confrontation. Joe fangirls out too much to have any significant credibility.

I mean Joe had Macauley Culkin on his podcast and Culkin son'd him in boxing knowledge, as well as Russell Peters.

Stephen A has responded

I can dig it.

40 seconds against a slow-starting old-ass gatekeeper is not enough to judge how good Conor is. And SAS is perfectly fine to say it. That's it.

No he won't. He works for ESPN. ESPN wants the UFC to succeed now.

Stephen A will do what ESPN tells him to do.
He ain't shillin yet tho.
And I can respect that.

As someone who’s first and foremost a boxing fan, I’ve had to listen to Joe Rogan comment about boxing more regularly than I would care to, as it’s always been clear that he knows nothing about it. In the build up to the MayWeather vs McGregor fight it became clear that he knew little about combat sports generally.

Having people who don’t know the sport commentating on it is just part of the game. Boxing and MMA are both relatively niche sports that dip into mainstream every so often. When they do, they attract a huge volume of casual fans and presenters dipping in to combat sports on a very infrequent basis. On occasion, they say something really poorly thought out, or simply factually incorrect. SAS however did none of those things. His opinion was one shared by a reasonable number of fight fans, myself included. Cerrone did ‘bottle it’ and fold very, very quickly.

To the more hardcore fight fans, fighters can often be placed on a bit of a pedestal. If you’ve fought before, then you’ll know that these sports are different from playing football, basketball, hockey, tennis etc. You don’t play boxing or MMA. There’s nowhere to hide and a loss can be devastating. To the vast majority of sports fans and analysts though, they’re exactly the same. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Personally, I try to steer well away from calling any fighter a bum or a coward, but highlighting the fact that someone completely caved under the pressure and being critical of their performance, is well within the right of any fan or analyst.

They really could have picked anyone from the crowd and they'd last longer / do better / more then cerrones performance.

Back