• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Stephen A Smith says he doesn’t like to see wmma

Nobody cares about wmma. Nobody was watching Invicta or the other women cards.

Dana realized that women’s “fights” were a great way to cut costs. They all suck and will never earn much. This makes a great way to say you have a top 10 match or championship fight on a card. This allows the ufc to have more cards with the same amount of male fighters required.

This was just perfect timing with half the population losing their minds. We now have people running around thinking gender is not assigned at birth and that men and women are the same. I never expected to encounter these idiots on sherdog defending wmma, but here we are.

I don’t care if women compete in mma. The same way I don’t care if they play basketball or anything else. I just have 0 interest in watching it when I could spend my time watching real athletes.

That's not true.

On the last card the WMMA to show payouts were

Jessica Eye - 150k
Joanne Calderwood - 85k
Sara McMann - 75k
Marina Rodriguez - 60k
Julianna Pena - 50k
Amanda Ribas - 45k

There were 10 male fighters on the card who were on less to show money than the lowest female fighter.

neither does burns

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 2
It affects strength, speed etc. It doesn't affect the possibility of a fun, competitive fight.

But it does. Or do you have any explanation why female fights are statistically "worse" than male fights? Means less strikes landed, less accuracy, less activity, less objective skills, less finishes, less viewers, etc?
Or is this information just bigoted?

I know some people are gonna be against it cuz it sounds sexist. Whatever happen to a person having an opinion? He’s saying what most people are afraid to say, and i commend him for it. A LOT of us on sherdog hate wmma, thats a fact. We think they suck talent wise most of the time. They are not as fast or strong or skilled as the men, so we rather see men fighting.

He’s not saying women shouldn’t fight, he’s saying that HE doesn’t like to watch it.

WMMA is pointless if you are not a sexist. There are tons of male fighters in the regional leagues that are better than the females in the UFC.

Last edited:
He said what everyone is thinking, only few WMMA fighters are worth watching. Having 3 pieces of cake in pile of shit won't make that pile of shit delicious
And the UFC knows this, so they use wmma as cheap filler on cards, and if ur against it, you’re a misogynistic, sexist homophobe meathead trump supporter.

Come on, Stephen. Who doesn't love this?

Jedrzejczyk-1252319.jpg
No one likes to see this, yet when Ronda was head kicked KO’d, and tko’d by Nunes we liked that, we also liked seeing cyborg TKOd by Nunes. Those are the outliers. Usually, I’m not a fan of it. There are exceptions tho. Nunes is just so far and away from the rest of the competition and even Valentina and others, like, the skill gaps in WMMA are too wide. I can live without never seeing another WMMA fight again.

But it does. Or do you have any explanation why female fights are statistically "worse" than male fights? Means less strikes landed, less accuracy, less activity, less objective skills, less finishes, less viewers, etc?
Or is this information just bigoted?
For me, that's totally irrelevant and can be countered easily. The same stats will show HW's land less strikes than Flyweights. The number and accuracy of strikes really don't have to take away anything from the fun a viewer has, right? Masvidal only needed 1 strike to retire Askren, some HW fights are super bad, but still fun as hell.

Second, I watch regional MMA and local soccer games. The level of skill is mostly horrible, but that's not why I personally watch sports. I just like the sport itself.

Maybe you do prefer to watch the most skillful fighters with the best technique. Maybe you don't watch B Promotions etc. That is totally fine, off course. Everyone has his or her own preferences when it comes to watching MMA.

It affects strength, speed etc. It doesn't affect the possibility of a fun, competitive fight.
So having 2 grandmas in there fighting is fun and competitive lol

or 2 kids fighting perhaps? I say this, if wmma was so great, then make an all wmma ufc event and see how many ppv buys u get.

I'd watch any WMMA fight over listening to this guy talk about MMA

So having 2 grandmas in there fighting is fun and competitive lol

or 2 kids fighting perhaps? I say this, if wmma was so great, then make an all wmma ufc event and see how many ppv buys u get.
So your point is? I just said everyone can decide what they like to watch. Most people prefer heavier male fights, so they headline most cards. You may have a fetish for older women, so you do you.

you hang on that fight like a Hemmerhoid dude - and you will be in 5 years because it will be the only good thing to happen in wmma. what was wrong about my post? It was 100% right. If wmma had evolved Megan Anderson wouldn’t be fighting for a belt in 2021, she lost to fucking Cindy dandois she is terrible and so is wmma.

“majority of sherdog” speak for yourself brah it’s only ever you and 3 other dorks pumping this shit up, if wmma is so great why is invicta a failure that nobody watches or cares about you fucking dolt
Every poll shows that the majority supports WMMA. The minority of immature WMMA haters is just vocal about it. Pretty pathetic actually.

Every poll shows that the majority supports WMMA. The minority of immature WMMA haters is just vocal about it. Pretty pathetic actually.
This is simply not true. Every poll shows that the majority don't like WMMA in the UFC. The minority of immature WMMA fanboys is just vocal about it. Pretty pathetic actually

Come on, Stephen. Who doesn't love this?

Jedrzejczyk-1252319.jpg

And yet you would be calling a dude with a Hematoma a warrior. STFU loser.

Love WMMA so long as its a quality fight. Same goes for MMA. Men have boring ass fights as well. Or low skill fights.

Smdh Sherdork logic is hilarious.

1. Not as exciting as men's divisions, but still good watching.

2. Stephen Smith is a dope.

This is simply not true. Every poll shows that the majority don't like WMMA in the UFC. The minority of immature WMMA fanboys is just vocal about it. Pretty pathetic actually
Now you are literally lying. I could find the polls I suppose, but proving you wrong isn't particularly important. WMMA won fight of the year in a landslide. Every other poll on Sherdog has shown that WMMA haters are the minority.

Maybe you do prefer to watch the most skillful fighters with the best technique. Maybe you don't watch B Promotions etc. That is totally fine, off course. Everyone has his or her own preferences when it comes to watching MMA.

We are discussing UFC which is supposed to be the premier MMA organization. I love Bush League MMA, I love regional MMA, I attended probaby more than fifty local shows. I also watch women fight in kickboxing. But the difference is that I can watch a high-level kickboxing event without some literal b-league trailer trash soccer moms shoved in-between. But yeah I agree with you, everyone has their own preferences and WMMA is fine and has a place to stay, just not in the UFC.

There are WMMA fights that are fine, top level elite entertainment.

What I have an issue with is two fighters with records of 4-4 & 3-5 fighting on a main card for no other reason than their genitalia.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back