Step too far for Izzy?

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Got into a war with Kelvin. Got hurt. Granted, Kelvin is a fast little dude, but he got his shit rocked still. I don’t think that Anderson Silva Matrix-style bullshit is going to fly at Light Heavyweight. I expect Izzy to get bulldozed straight out the gate.

Thoughts? Don’t forget to comment on my avatar.

I don’t think that Anderson Silva Matrix-style bullshit is going to fly at Light Heavyweight.

LJ5PCc5.gif

We will find out in around 12 hours bud...

Love your avatar
Also it's a toss up there's a chance izzy gets run over but I doubt it . If he does lose I think it'll be after he gets hit once , realizes he didn't like it and dances around Jan point fighting until he gets dropped and ground and pounded or outwrestled and submitted . Don't underestimate Izzy though he could go in and piece Jan up make him look like a fool and KO him .

Got into a war with Kelvin. Got hurt. Granted, Kelvin is a fast little dude, but he got his shit rocked still. I don’t think that Anderson Silva Matrix-style bullshit is going to fly at Light Heavyweight. I expect Izzy to get bulldozed straight out the gate.

Weight classes don't dictate matrix-style, skillsets do.

Love your avatar
Also it's a toss up there's a chance izzy gets run over but I doubt it . If he does lose I think it'll be after he gets hit once , realizes he didn't like it and dances around Jan point fighting until he gets dropped and ground and pounded or outwrestled and submitted . Don't underestimate Izzy though he could go in and piece Jan up make him look like a fool and KO him .
Lol. I bet that Jan is going to submit in the second. Big payout

Difference is that Kelvin is a very slick boxer who's quite fundamentally sound. Gave Izzy problems because he took the fight to Izzy without lunging at every shot like Whittaker did and managed distance really well. That and has a great chin to boot. Jan isn't as technical and I feel like he's going to get countered all night. I hope I'm wrong though, as I want Izzy to keep fighting at middleweight.

I just don’t see this fight playing out the way most of you are using examples of mmath for. Costa, Romero, Silva, Griffin.. None of those guys are fighting tonight.

How is Izzy going to matrix his way out of the grappling? Because that’s going to play into Jan’s gameplan. If you aren’t expecting that to happen, you’ve got a pretty narrow sighted vision of how this is going to go down.

I could be wrong, but I think Jan’s gameplan is exactly what he said it will be.

I don't know why I feel this is going to be a submission by Jan. I may be completely off.

I just hope (as I keep saying) that Izzy loses whichever way, so long as there's no double-champs. I hate the concept under most circumstances and don't want multiple-division hold-ups, or the further precedent it will set.

That being said, I like Izzy, and hope that at least both guys get to put on a showing. If either gets steamrolled its a bit embarrassing for them and residual for their division. (like "Go back to your tiny division little MW/LHWs are shallow and slow")

Exactly my take, as well.

Israel learned a lot from that Kelvin fight. Too sharp!

Izzy has a built in excuse if he loses, coming in 5lbs under the limit.
I don't like the immediate title shot without beating any contenders.

But I like Izzy and it does help him financially. The back and forth with Jones will also be interesting.

Don't fuck up my 666 likes, assholes.

Because Kelvin is fast as fuck and actually an extremely talented boxer with good footwork and good head movement.

Stop being blinded by records and look at the actual skillsets of fighters.

An interesting question is who is better between Jan and Forrest. As they are probably 2 of the weakest UFC champions in the modern era. And the LHW division hasn't really evolved at all.

Regardless, if Izzy doesn't embarrass Jan, I think we can put to rest who is better between him and Anderson.

Back