Step too far for Izzy?

if KG didn't have such a chin he would have been finished a few times.

When Jan connects with his punch, and Adeseeyoulater falls, and wakes up in the hospital surrounded by his loved ones, and eats trough a plastic tube, then his soul will be humbled.
tenor.gif

He needs to get ko'd in mma now and I disagree with him being humble, plus I don't care for the values he pushes
Can you explain why you think he's not humble? He's cocky yeah, most fighters are, but he's a counter puncher in the cage and out, you notice he isn't talking any shit to Jan, lol

An interesting question is who is better between Jan and Forrest. As they are probably 2 of the weakest UFC champions in the modern era. And the LHW division hasn't really evolved at all.

Regardless, if Izzy doesn't embarrass Jan, I think we can put to rest who is better between him and Anderson.
Great question. I think Forrest is a better grappler with more diverse striking and better cardio. Jan has way more power and is more durable. I guess forest is more complete but I think Jan scarier.

Can you explain why you think he's not humble? He's cocky yeah, most fighters are, but he's a counter puncher in the cage and out, you notice he isn't talking any shit to Jan, lol
I don't like all that extra shit he did vs Costa plus just the way he moves is fake, he talks like he's from a new York hood when he ain't.

I don't like all that extra shit he did vs Costa plus just the way he moves is fake, he talks like he's from a new York hood when he ain't.
<36> Humping him is probably a step too far but with all that shit talking(saying hes going to make Izzy his bitch/woman) and taunting in the fight if any fighter deserved to get humped after getting destroyed its Costa.

Difference is that Kelvin is a very slick boxer who's quite fundamentally sound. Gave Izzy problems because he took the fight to Izzy without lunging at every shot like Whittaker did and managed distance really well. That and has a great chin to boot. Jan isn't as technical and I feel like he's going to get countered all night. I hope I'm wrong though, as I want Izzy to keep fighting at middleweight.
Yup.

Im getting sick of people dismissing Kelvin Gastelum, Kelvin when he is on, is a FAST, hard hitter with very crisp technical boxing and a granite chin. He has dropped Several elite MWs: Bisping, Vitor, Tim Kennedy, Weidman

He was fighting in the biggest opportunity in his career and brought a hell of a fight to Izzy.

People who think/say “oh well if Kelvin clipped Izzy and bruised him up ____ will KO him” are missing out on the fact that Kelvin is likely WAY faster than the bigger guys that Izzy is facing (Costa/Yoel/Jan)

Because Kelvin is fast as fuck and actually an extremely talented boxer with good footwork and good head movement.

Stop being blinded by records and look at the actual skillsets of fighters.

Didn’t I mention that in the OP? :S

I genuinely think Adesanya will make this look easy, he may not finish Jan and it may not be an exciting fight but I think he takes minimal damage and picks Jan apart for a decision or possibly a late finish. I respect Israel immensely for his skills, I think he'll go down as one of the best ever when he's done (he's already well on his way) but I will likely always root against him lol

<36> Humping him is probably a step too far but with all that shit talking(saying hes going to make Izzy his bitch/woman) and taunting in the fight if any fighter deserved to get humped after getting destroyed its Costa.
well I found that Izzy humping shit to be way more vulgar and unclassy than what any other fighter has done in history in post fight celebration, so I don't condone that...not even from a fighter I support usually.

Got into a war with Kelvin. Got hurt. Granted, Kelvin is a fast little dude, but he got his shit rocked still. I don’t think that Anderson Silva Matrix-style bullshit is going to fly at Light Heavyweight. I expect Izzy to get bulldozed straight out the gate.

Thoughts? Don’t forget to comment on my avatar.

Cant say I agree with your logic here.

If anything “that Anderson Silva Matrix-style bullshit” is going to work even better at Light Heavyweight since the opponents are slower.

the margin for error is smaller, since power is higher, but evasive head movement is most likely to find success with a significant speed/reaction time advantage.

With the exception of DC, Anderson styled on LHWs arguably MORE than he did against MWs. He certainly posted plenty of highlight reel material against forest and Bonnar.

Sleep on Jan, get slept.

I see Jan beating Izzy, then Glover beating Jan, since he's probably the only fighter ready to take him seriously.

Back