Statues of Ulysses S. Grant, Junípero Serra, and Francis Scott Key at Golden Gate Park in San Fran

Was it appropriate for protesters to tear down these statues?

• Total voters
No, nobody should destroy anything they do not personally own.

Also, seems like it’s time for a statue megathread.

Yea leftists and libs are tearing down and destroying so much its difficult to keep up with all of them

Probably should tear down Shaun King, white guy pretending to be black.

And the Rocky statute. Got a black guy killed by not dropping the towel and beat up some other black guys like Clubber Lang.

Crime is ok if you feel like you're doing something cool. Fuck it. Let retardation ring.

Please! Please! Please! Go after the California missions! If one thing that will turn Hispanic voters is if the left goes after the Catholic Church. Don't stop at Serra statues!

They're gopnna tear down statues of everyone from history, because everyone from history was a racist piece of shit that should only be known as a racist piece of shit. Hell, George Washingtons entire Wikipedia entry should be "Racist white supremacist slave owner, first president of the Racist States of America."
#notall. They still wear Che Guevara shirts, who wrote extensively about white's superiority to blacks and has a pretty slick body count, Karl Marx, who was an anti-semite and called Mexicans lazy, and they don't take down the statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle, who starved millions of his own people. Nope, Abe Lincolm has to go though, because what did he ever do for black people?

<{outtahere}>

Last edited:
Are any of these mobs being charged with destruction of public property?

Or are they all just walking away with no charges?
What do you think?

The leftist mayors either support the vandalism and destruction of monuments or they are just too scared to put a stop to it. Some mayors view these rioters as their voting base.

#notall. They still wear Che Guevara shirts, who wrote extensively about white's superiority to blacks and has a pretty slick body count, Karl Marx, who was an anti-semite and called Mexicans lazy, and they don't take down the statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle, who starved millions of his own people. Nope, Abe Lincolm has to go though, because what did he ever do for black people?

<{outtahere}>
That one is on private property though so its a little different. That's what I think should be done with Confederate monuments, just auction them off and if no one wants them then throw them in a scrapyard and maybe in a few years someone will buy it for dirt cheap.

As far as these three I think Junipero Serra is the most controversial and difficult to defend. He's not a Founding Father or some iconic, pivotal figure in US history. He was an Inquisitor who was embedded in the rather cruel colonial system of the Spanish. Then again I think this preoccupation with statues is perhaps not so healthy.

I don't know much about Junipero Serra except for the fact that he was a missionary and was declared a saint by the Catholic church. He receives criticism for suppressing Native American culture.

One of the main roads that borders Stanford's campus is Junipero Serra. the main mall through campus is called Serra Mall and there is a local high school named after Serra.

1200px-Junipero_Serra_HS%2C_San_Mateo_main_entrance.JPG

No it's not justified. None of these are. While there may be good reasons to remove a statue, illegally damaging property whenever you feel like it is not okay and they should be prosecuted. These thugs think it's all fun and games until one of them gets their skull crushed from a falling statue.

Nice take. There is a right and a wrong way to get something changed.

Ugh... I have nothing left to say. I mean everything and everyone was / is racist at some point. I do get the bigger picture tho. Using divide and conquer to weaken the people and destroy the western world from within. Now we won't put up any resistance. Now the people, mostly the left, will just hand over the power to the beast and while the right will fight the beast they won't fight the left so the beast wins.

That one is on private property though so its a little different. That's what I think should be done with Confederate monuments, just auction them off and if no one wants them then throw them in a scrapyard and maybe in a few years someone will buy it for dirt cheap.

As far as these three I think Junipero Serra is the most controversial and difficult to defend. He's not a Founding Father or some iconic, pivotal figure in US history. He was an Inquisitor who was embedded in the rather cruel colonial system of the Spanish. Then again I think this preoccupation with statues is perhaps not so healthy.
Surely you're not trying to argue that the people tearing down statues and looting and vandalizing private businesses haven't torn this down because they respect private property. The thing is like 20 feet tall and in the middle of the street. You can't possibly think that if it was of someone else, they would leave it alone because it's technically privately owned. There is also a Che Guevara statue in central park.

If this is San Fran, they should just create a giant statue of a hobo taking a shit OR maybe just go on any sidewalk and freeze one of the many bums shitting everywhere in carbonite and hang it up in public square.

han-sol-trapped-in-carbonite-full-size-prop-trilogy-troopers-300x250.jpg

Ugh... I have nothing left to say. I mean everything and everyone was / is racist at some point. I do get the bigger picture tho. Using divide and conquer to weaken the people and destroy the western world from within. Now we won't put up any resistance. Now the people, mostly the left, will just hand over the power to the beast and while the right will fight the beast they won't fight the left so the beast wins.
I see things going this way. If the Left gets their way, the USA is turned on it's head and the Constitution is no more. It's replaced by Social Justice wokeness that will only create more racism, choas and disorder in society.

The solution to the Left wing disorder will then be tyrannical totalitarian govt. Even less freedoms.

The same people you see rioting now will be the ones getting killed first by the totalitarians. Because the rioters today will be the ones that complain the loudest when they find out what is coming.

But really, this is not good for anyone.

Last edited:
Where I live, BLM painted over a mural in a park. The mural? It celebrated diversity and said "This park is for everyone". Now its just BLM graffiti.
How do you know it was BLM ? It could be people just wanting to wreck stuff, it could be false flaggers or rightwingers. Yes there are rightwingers who tried to stir shit up during the protests and rightwingers who defaced statues of Black people (in England) .

As usual, I understand and empathize with both sides (which always sucks, because that means both sides hate me haha).

My main issue with the people tearing down the statues is that I just know many of them would be slave owners if they were born in the 1700/1800s and given the chance to own slaves.

Hell, if slavery was made legal and suddenly culturally accepted right now, watch many of these "moral" people start owning people. It's pretty clear many are just following the crowd. After all, that's what human beings do, regardless of time period and culture.

Born in 1995... Slavery is deemed bad, so tear down statues.

Born in 1695... Slavery is deemed okay, so start owning slaves.

Pretty much why I don't trust most people who claim to be "good." Unless you've faced extreme temptation and rejected it, you have NO clue who you really are.

Surely you're not trying to argue that the people tearing down statues and looting and vandalizing private businesses haven't torn this down because they respect private property. The thing is like 20 feet tall and in the middle of the street. You can't possibly think that if it was of someone else, they would leave it alone because it's technically privately owned. There is also a Che Guevara statue in central park.
I think it being private property does make it harder for them to tear it down. Its still behind a fence IIRC so getting to it isn't easy and presumably the property owner might have something to say about that.

But statues in the public sphere are legally accessible by anyone. I also think statues in the public sphere are just a bigger target due to their symbolism and the perception that the state is endorsing whatever figure is depicted.

How do you know it was BLM ? It could be people just wanting to wreck stuff, it could be false flaggers or rightwingers. Yes there are rightwingers who tried to stir shit up during the protests and rightwingers who defaced statues of Black people (in England) .

Lmao

Right wingers have a right to tear down whatever statues they want, the Left is tearing down whatever statues they want. You’re a tool.

I think it being private property does make it harder for them to tear it down. Its still behind a fence IIRC so getting to it isn't easy and presumably the property owner might have something to say about that.

But statues in the public sphere are legally accessible by anyone. I also think statues in the public sphere are just a bigger target due to their symbolism and the perception that the state is endorsing whatever figure is depicted.
<{cruzshake}>

Che statue in central park.
iu

Lenin statue in Seattle.
iu

Right wingers have a right to tear down whatever statues they want, the Left is tearing down whatever statues they want. You’re a tool.
Righties are tearing down statues motivated by support for White power. The left tearing down Confederate or Churchill or Columbus states are tearing down symbols of White power. Two totally different motivations . The right's motivation is tribalism .

Back