Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey...I must have missed all this during my months absense.
Maybe that is a good thing. I was a moderator on one of the biggest JKD forums around and spent fruitless hours trying to quell one sided and personal arguments believing that a moderator was appointed to police the policies of the forum not implement his own will. I took the view that 'I may not agree with your view, I will fight to the death to defend your right to hold it' (can't remember who said that). Eventually, I got sick and fed up of the ego's which compared to this forum were ten times bigger and ten times more fragile.
Ultimately, a forum is a place designed for public posting. If you don't like the rules, you dont enter the establishment, if you work for the establishment its about using your judgement and not your preference.
Hope you guys sort this out!

I had let it die. I just felt like responding to your post (and yes my moron self read it again). It read to me as you were reading other forums, not liking the comments made their, and decided to take it out on someone on this forum.

An example, if I get on this forum and say that the UG forum sucks, should they then be able to ban me? No because it has nothing to do with something I did on their site which is under their rules.

guardpasser said:
i buy from every one, so i like to see all companies mon here.
it is easy to get caught up in arguments and ill feelings, but every one has to get past it.
i hope all works out for the best of every one...owners, buyers, posters..etc.
Me, too.

I own 2 Sprawls and now 2 NoGi's. I love both shorts and I feel like I was put in the middle of this for no reason. I have not been sympathetic to Chris for starting that, but then, I gave him the benefit of the doubt since the confusion in sponsorship deals ended up with him being accidentally wronged (that's the version I got from Jeff).

The only taint on Steve in the whole thing has been what Chris said of Jeff, and if that veracity of that comes into question, I will ask Chris to put me into contact with Jeff Monson directly. I will call/email Monson and ask him myself.

I feel you mods have been stoic through this all, but I just want a little more information, and not through private channels. There's a reason democracies maintain a freedom of the press.

copperhead said:
I had let it die. I just felt like responding to your post (and yes my moron self read it again). It read to me as you were reading other forums, not liking the comments made their, and decided to take it out on someone on this forum.

An example, if I get on this forum and say that the UG forum sucks, should they then be able to ban me? No because it has nothing to do with something I did on their site which is under their rules.

And Foz, if you want it to die, then keep your comments off the boards. You could have just told Jeremy that you looked forward to the new stuff coming out and having this all behind us.

I've said many times I don't want to discuss this anymore than it already has been. It's hard when people keep bringing it up and I'm the most active guy around here, aren't I?

And to clear this up, the comments about the ban, obviously happened after the banning. Thus whatever people said on other forums couldn't of had an affect on my oppinion, obviously because the comments were made about an act which had already been done. Nor would any comments made by anyone have an affect on my oppinion here. I just find it disheartening when forum members who've been impartial here, jump on another forum and are all two-faced, thats all I was trying to get out with my comment.

Madmick - contacting Monson is the only way to find out the truth. The problem is I've heard from SPRAWL and Brennan, and the stories are on different ends of the spectrum. Truthfully though, does it sound like someones gonna call up a professional fighter and say "we're at war with nogi on the internet" I mean, how retarded would that sound..... Be realistic guys.

~Foz

~Foz

Fozzy said:
And to clear this up, the comments about the ban, obviously happened after the banning. Thus whatever people said on other forums couldn't of had an affect on my oppinion, obviously because the comments were made about an act which had already been done. Nor would any comments made by anyone have an affect on my oppinion here. I just find it disheartening when forum members who've been impartial here, jump on another forum and are all two-faced, thats all I was trying to get out with my comment.

~Foz

~Foz
Thank you for clearing it up. I did realize that the comments must be after the fact. Your comment read to me as being opposite of what you say above. That's all.

Fozzy said:
Madmick - contacting Monson is the only way to find out the truth. The problem is I've heard from SPRAWL and Brennan, and the stories are on different ends of the spectrum. Truthfully though, does it sound like someones gonna call up a professional fighter and say "we're at war with nogi on the internet" I mean, how retarded would that sound..... Be realistic guys.
You're right, Foz. Chris, Jeremy, you know how to contact me. I won't disobey Foz, but info doesn't have to be posted on the board to get around. If you were telling the truth, Chris, you would be vindicated.

And posters talking shit about Foz on another board, shame on you. He's been measured throughout.

Mods: Please Clean This Up And Close It. It Is Turning Into A Flame Fest.

how is steve supposed to make a statement if you close the thread XD

~Foz

Just for future reference, because the general thought on Sherdog is not wholly accurate and the intelligence in here though at times focused on mundane things is pretty high (good crop of consistent posters), I'll go as far as to say one last thing:

What a lot of you guys who don't really know how Sherdog runs do not know is there are very few if ANY bans that are simple one-step decisions and are not THOROUGHLY discussed by both Moderators and Administrators. No one person is ever maliciously banned, if a person is to be banned part of our process is to provide ample reason for a person to be banned and have it agreed upon by peers and upper-management. In the case of a Professional Fighter, it would get even more consideration and discussion where the comfort of one side is weighed against that of the other (hence why some Posters with more elevated status seem to get away with more, it's a tough decision to remove someone who was once very highly regarded and typically they end up pushing it to where they remove themselves via their actions).

So anyone thinking this process is malicious, or is one person's attempt to seem powerful beyond all e-comprehension should think that through...that sort of thing is what would end up getting us de-Modded. But that most of the Moderators who are above Foz, Superbeast, and even myself have been around for ample periods of time and that we always run major decisions by Administration, shows that thus far the system has worked. Events like this throw monkey-wrenches into it. But bottom-line is both Sherdog and Chris Brennan will live on. And who knows? Perhaps all sides will look back at this situation in the future and see that it was altogether unnecessary and be able to patch things up. Afterall, whether Chris thinks so or not this site was MADE specifically FOR men like him. Just even when that is the case there is only so much one can do within the scope of it.

Personally, I got no problems with anyone and wish NOGI the best of luck in their business ventures. I've heard nothing but good things about their gear, which means the intent is ultimately in the right place. That is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back