starting to low on deadloft

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by modena1983, Jun 27, 2008.

1. modena1983

modena1983 I

Is it possible to start to low on the deadlift? i don't have a video yet as i don't have access to a camera. But every time i watch a deadlift video i think to myself i start lower than that.
    anyone see any issues with starting to low?

2. Sherpa

Sherpa Brown Belt

Yes. Its hard to keep form on the pull if your hips are too far down/under the bar. I have seen many people increase their pull instantly by pulling with their ass a bit higher.

3. JPC

JPC Purple Belt

4. CEF

CEF Yellow Belt

Great link.

I have the same technical problem with low hips and the explanation given help a lot. I was keeping my shoulders too far back which was pushing my hips down, I gotta get my scapula over the bar.

5. Gold182

Gold182 Green Belt

Yeah i noticed the same when i watched the deadlifting videos.

Last week i failed to get 5x5 at 110kg, so i spent the week watching deadlifting videos and working on my form. Made sure my ass was higher up when i started and blew through my 5x5 at 110kg with no problem. Tried 120kg at the end but my grip sucks so i could only manage 2.

So get your ass higher, also my lowerback didnt hurt at all after which is good.

6. Klotz

Klotz Shalom

Practice some snatch grip deads.