starter programme

peanut butter

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
could any of you help giving a list of good basic exercises that i should do and maybe give me an order in which to do so. im not a troll ( carnal ) just anxious do get the right info and want to do the right thing.

cheers

he doesnt talk about overhead press but includes upright rows which were blasted in another thread. carnal do u have any advice??

Just to clarify, what equipment do you have access to? Are you a member of a gym? Does said gym have a power rack, barbells and dumbells?

As an absolute beginner you want to lift probably about 2 or 3 at most days a week and keep the reps higher than you normally would in order to give your body time to adjust to the load, something like 3 sets of 10 or 3 sets of 12 on all exercises for the first 2-3 months would probably be about right.

As for the order of exercises, you generally want to have the bigger compound lifts where you're using most weight and most muscles first in your routine, so stuff like Squats and Deadlifts would be done before say the military press.

For your choice of exercises you want to stick to the basic heavy compounds (e.g. Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, Bent-over Rows, Military Press etc) and focus on getting your form down, if you get your form wrong at the start it can be a lot harder to correct further down the line so take the time to get it right, even if it means not stacking on the weight quite as quickly.

Read the stickies here to improve your own knowledge and understanding, you can always ask any questions you have here.

thanks funkster, ive been shown that power rack is the way to go and ill be training on my own. ive been building up by doing weighted pull/chin up variations and various low rep bw work ie planche stuff. i training only when i feel replenished after the last workout. anyway thanks for the help

Back