Starcraft 2 and my training! Oh noes!

I've been thinking about getting it, but I cant decide if it's a good idea. I have time between classes that I would enjoy mental diversion but it could backfire LOL

The single player campaign is great and would provide a cool mental diversion. The multiplayer requires you to take gaming seriously. Like, really. You'll be studying strategies and stuff just like you would jiu-jitsu. And it's ridiculously addictive.

If you have free time, go nuts. If not, wait it out :p. Cause this game steals your soul.

The single player campaign is great and would provide a cool mental diversion. The multiplayer requires you to take gaming seriously. Like, really. You'll be studying strategies and stuff just like you would jiu-jitsu. And it's ridiculously addictive.

If you have free time, go nuts. If not, wait it out :p. Cause this game steals your soul.

I don't really have that problem with this game. Don't get me wrong it's amazing, but I only play 1-2 games a day, if at all.

there is a thread on here about six month old where it shows a demo for SC II being held in Korea.

Imagine the NFL draft and YOUR favorite team was getting all the best picks but instead of the team suits doing the draft big breasted strippers are at the podium and during all this they are handing out free beer and hot wings. Now imagine how you'd be reacting to all that.............. That was how the Koreans were reacting to the demo.

Oh I know, man. They are insane about Starcraft.

To give everyone an idea of the scale of competitive Starcraft in Korea, all of these people:

paid-to-play_2.jpg

starcraft-stadium-kr.gif

...were there to watch this guy:

1498771495_940d545d08.jpg

Check out the wikipedia article, it's unreal:
StarCraft professional competition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pro players in Korea make upwards to $100K a year off tourneys and endorsements playing this game. Crazy.

I admit I skipped one practice to play but found out my POS computer didn't have a good enough graphics card and needed more memory. $200.00 estimate and I can actually play the damn thing.

I mainly play Super Mario Bros. Wii.

So, no. Gaming has not hurt my training. lol

Luckily I kind of burnt myself out during beta by just grinding mass games but for a few weeks there I literally had to force myself to turn off the comp and go train.

I have never had any desire whatsoever to play this game. After hearing you guys rave about it, I bought it today, its installing now

Wish I had money to throw around on a whim...for the next two weeks food is actually going to be pretty scarce, so no...no starcraft for me.

I do play WoW tho and when the cataclysm expansion comes out...Training, work, eating, showering and being an adult are all gonna go by the wayside for about 8 days lol.

lol the release of sc2 was actually noticable at my club... thursday nights are usually packed and when only ppl turned up my coach asked what was happening the answer was just "starcraft"...

that is what i heard anyway, i wasn't there, i was at home playing starcraft

lol the release of sc2 was actually noticable at my club... thursday nights are usually packed and when only ppl turned up my coach asked what was happening the answer was just "starcraft"...

that is what i heard anyway, i wasn't there, i was at home playing starcraft

As you can see, I rarely post but this right here was worthy enough for me to respond. Your post literally made made laugh hard for a good 7-10 seconds.

And I hate to admit it, but yes, Starcraft 2 has hindered my training...

Haha, this is the last place I expected to see comments about SC2.

I'm playing through the single player campaign (which in itself is a rare thing) and loving it. Don't think it's going to impede on my 2x p/w BJJ training, though :D

This is pretty funny. I've been playing the first starcraft to remind myself exactly what happens since it's been years since I beat the first game. I've been trying to piece together a PC good enough for #2 at home but not sure if it will end up working. I doubt my training will suffer in anyway though.

I just got it, more or less to unwind before going to bed. But I am 2-12 on multiplayer which is doing the opposite way and making me furious.

i hate to admit it, but its been taking allot of my time as well.

Last edited:
I mainly play Super Mario Bros. Wii.

So, no. Gaming has not hurt my training. lol
I know it's pathetic, but when a new Zelda or Metroid game comes out, I practically do not leave the house.

I'm going to have to carefully consider how the release of Call of duty black ops will figure into wrestling season. Hopefully I'll have medal of Honor out of my system before it starts.

Haha, this is the last place I expected to see comments about SC2.

I'm playing through the single player campaign (which in itself is a rare thing) and loving it. Don't think it's going to impede on my 2x p/w BJJ training, though :D

Are you kidding me? jiu-jitsu guys are the biggest nerds. I for one, am only beginning to get into the whole Call of Duty thing, so Starcraft is about 6 years out of my league

Back