Starcraft 2 and my training! Oh noes!

nohuff

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been training really hard lately (~2 times a day for over a month now) but I'm afraid the coming of SC2 is going to change that heh... at least for a few weeks til I get it out of my system.

Any other BJJ gamers facing this?

Please don't hate :icon_chee

LOL. I had this problem when TF2 and BF 2142 came out. I haven't had any games in recent times that have really impeded my training, I find other stupid reasons for that.

Good luck!

I've been thinking about getting it, but I cant decide if it's a good idea. I have time between classes that I would enjoy mental diversion but it could backfire LOL

I should ask my friends who do BJJ in Korea if anyone trains anymore since SC2 came out.

I've been thinking about getting it, but I cant decide if it's a good idea. I have time between classes that I would enjoy mental diversion but it could backfire LOL

Student: Mr. Gerbil, are you going to teach class today? We have been waiting an awfully long....

Gerbil: Silence Idiot! *click* Can you not see that I am mining for minerals! *click*

Student: But....

Gerbil: *click*

I asked one of my programming profs what Starcraft was. He told me to find an Asian kid typing frantically and watch his screen.

I looked around the class, half of them were playing it.

how much is it selling for? I'll probably do like I did for SC and Broodwar and just wait till the hype dies down and get it. It really can be addicting when I first got SC and would play online for hours and a couple times even forgot to eat.

The best thing you can do is alot a certain amount of time to the game, that way you don't burn through it in week and you maintain your social obligations and other aspects of your life. The game does look pretty good though, the ghosts are still strong and have some great upgrade abilities and being able to nuke shit is always a good option to have.

Don't play Koreans at SC you will just get humiliated, it is almost a religion to them. I swear if South Korea had half the weapons in the game they would invade the North just to try the stuff out.

God I feel like such a nerd for posting this but yes I'm on there. I played while the game was in beta. Usually only play online 1v1. Currently ranked 1st in Gold Division, probably moving to platinum soon. If you get beat by someone named Armbar who plays Protoss, that was me!

Its hard but I've been able to go train 4-5 times weekly even with this major distraction. The toughest part is logging off if you string up a few losses.

Starcraft is freakin awesome. A few of my buddies at the gym are really into Diablo 2 actually. Dorks make the best jiujitsu guys. Also, I skipped practice once because I got ahold of the new super mario bros. Had to play through it on the spot.

The best thing you can do is alot a certain amount of time to the game, that way you don't burn through it in week and you maintain your social obligations and other aspects of your life.

Good advice. I have told myself this. I just hope I can stick to it.

MBGracieBarra said:
Currently ranked 1st in Gold Division, probably moving to platinum soon. If you get beat by someone named Armbar who plays Protoss, that was me!

Nice man. I like the BJJ reference as your player name lol. I was never that great at Starcraft. I just think its really fun to play. I'll prolly start dabbling in multiplayer this coming weekend.

training will only take 2 hours out of the gaming you do then u can play for 8 hours when u get home, u dont need to train twice a day but u should if u can, starcraft aint goin anywhere while u r training

Don't play Koreans at SC you will just get humiliated, it is almost a religion to them. I swear if South Korea had half the weapons in the game they would invade the North just to try the stuff out.

Starcraft is a professional sport in South Korea, and they have not one, but two television channels dedicated to it. I shit you not, it's like Sportscenter for Starcraft.

i was playing it a lot during beta, but i've been avoiding it since release by simply not buying the game. i'll probably give in sooner or later and i'll have to work on balancing my time. usually though, i'll still go to bjj and sc2 will just cut into my sleep time. which just adds to the amount of coffee i drink the next morning at work.

I should ask my friends who do BJJ in Korea if anyone trains anymore since SC2 came out.

Maybe all that clicking will increase their grip strength... who knows, SC2 as BJJ grip training tool?

LOL I know how you feel. I decided not to play it for that reason.

I would get it if my computer wasn't so ancient. lol loved sc1

I am lucky, I have a jacked up toe which prevents me from training, and I recently got a large tattoo - so I am *forced* to stay home and play sc2!!!!!!:D

Starcraft is a professional sport in South Korea, and they have not one, but two television channels dedicated to it. I shit you not, it's like Sportscenter for Starcraft.

Thats the craziest thing i've ever heard involving video games.

Thats the craziest thing i've ever heard involving video games.

there is a thread on here about six month old where it shows a demo for SC II being held in Korea.

Imagine the NFL draft and YOUR favorite team was getting all the best picks but instead of the team suits doing the draft big breasted strippers are at the podium and during all this they are handing out free beer and hot wings. Now imagine how you'd be reacting to all that.............. That was how the Koreans were reacting to the demo.

Don't have the game yet but will probably pick it up sometime during the next few days. I enjoyed the beta.

Back