• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Rose flew her aircraft into Finn’s to “save” him when realistically she was risking killing both herself and him and thwarting any chance the Resistance had at blowing up that cannon, remains one of the most ridiculous moments of TLJ for me.

Yes, arguably the worst character and worst moment in Star Wars history.

And the worst "moral" in any film ever perhaps.

Such as what? & are they the natural powerhouse that Rey, Kylo, Anakin, Sidious, Yoda & Luke were? Those are the only 6 with that kind of raw natural power.

& lets not include battles with other force users. We're talking about lifting rocks... not attempting to overcome someone else.
Luke needed to lift ONE x-wing to go save HIS friends, can’t do it. After training with Yoda.

But there is also the “that is why you fail” he had never seen anything like that done before and didn’t believe in it , so Yoda had to dig deep to lift it, and show him IT COULD BE DONE.

Ray had never seen anything like that done before, but perhaps had heard stories , but still she didn’t have Yodas training for months that Luke had.

They made her do it too effortlessly, and too much. Would have been better with her struggling with one person sized rock to clear the path. Not 1/2 a mountains worth of rubble.

The Jedi mind trick is also notoriously hard to do, we see Jedi with training in it fail at times over and over again.

The only one we ever see use it without fail is Obi Wan, he seems to have really mastered it.

But off topic that’s another of of the drivers for why people kept thinking she Would have been a Kenobi some how, grand or great grand daughter of Obi wan. He talks to her in the lightsaber deal, she just does mind trick right off the bat etc.

They give no reason for her effortlessness other than “the force is female”

I don’t really have a problem with anything she’s done or can do, except for how easily she does it so quickly and seemingly effortlessly at most times and the scale.

Maybe she will be tempted by the sith, she did go “straight to the dark”

We could postulate she is palpatine and he has been influencing her subconsciously without her knowing it I suppose that would help, and maybe they will show that next movie.

That first meeting hardly counts as the beginning of his training.

tenor.gif

Maybe they talked on the way to mos Eisley a bit. Makes sense. Maybe there was a bit of time before they went right to the Falcon... maybe not.

The novel says they had a "few" (3) hours of training on the Falcon. I'll give you a single days worth of training time absolute max & that's being very generous.
The novels are just someone else’s opinion on things, I don’t really count them as canon, especially when things written in them seem to go against what we are presented on screen for the real writers .

Yes, arguably the worst character and worst moment in Star Wars history.

And the worst "moral" in any film ever perhaps.

"This how we win; not by killing those we hate, but by saving those we love".

I literally face palmed when I watched that scene. <Huh2>

Last edited:
The rise of Skywalker, without a single Skywalker In the poster.

(Kylo is a Solo technically and NOT a Skywalker by name)

In before Rey...

tumblr_pb1j04XLVr1ry9rqlo4_400.gifv

I'll take half of Skywalker in Ben Solo if not.

tumblr_pb1j04XLVr1ry9rqlo2_400.gifv

I predict lots of flash-back scenes... battle of Jaku--would explain all those old-empire ships.

They were all relatively small boulders Rey lifted "under extreme necessity." (don't leave that last part out of the equation because that is the most important part of her being able to do that.

I recall our talk about the trial rocks before, & I remember seeing a picture of them being way bigger than anything in that pile of boulders that Rey lifted. Do you still have that link or picture?

I tried looking them up again but couldn't find them.

So I corrected him, because the length of time prior to The Empire, that there was a linear & undisturbed peace was only 1,000 years... not 1,000 generationz.
Were are you pulling this info from? It says right there in the original movie that the jedi guarded the peace for 1,000 generations "in the old republic, before the dark times, before the empire"

If you have some source that says it was 1,000 years of peace it's contradicted by the movie.

"This how we win; not by killing those we hate, but by saving those we love".

I literally face palmed when I watched that scene. <Huh2>

even I, a star wars gimp, a 30 year old man who just ate breakfast off of a darth vader plate yelled "you dumb bitch" at the midnight screening for that moment. got a few applause..

Luke needed to lift ONE x-wing to go save HIS friends, can’t do it. After training with Yoda.

Come on man... I thought we were being serious here.

If you're trying to compare self-defeatist Luke lifting the ex-wing to ultra focused Rey... then you're either not getting anything we've discussed for the last couple posts back n forth or your trolling me.

Blue milk drinking, bitching about his chores & happy family Luke's instinct for survival is at least 10x less then Rey's at that time in their life. he just doesn't get it. While he was bitching about doing chores... Rey was fighting for her life.

They made her do it too effortlessly, and too much. Would have been better with her struggling with one person sized rock to clear the path. Not 1/2 a mountains worth of rubble.

I hear you that they could've explained "in the movie" what I'm telling you now... but it's all self evident.

In this instance, it's "mother takes on a 700 lb bear energy" regardless of the consequences, sort of thing... & Luke just wasn't raised like that. He had the desire to help his friends, but he couldn't even lift a fucking xwing out of the water ffs. His instinct to be self defeatist (which was promoted by his cushy upbringing) was much greater than his instinct to help his friend otherwise that fucking x-wing would've burts from the water like Rey's boulder's did. Luke was and always has been a whiney little bitch.

Rey however didn't have the luxury of bitching about chores. If she didn't do what had to be done, she would die. You gotta see the difference in how they were raised & the "SURVIVAL INSTINCT" that Rey had to have... that was a mere option for Luke.

That is exactly the reason the force responds to Rey more than Luke despite his training with Yoda. Even Yoda told you that Luke came in with a ton of baggage that he doubted Luke could get past... & even after a couple of months, he still didn't have the level of focus Rey had. It's because her survival instinct was more deeply ingrained & so the force responded to her more urgent focus.

If you want to retort what I'm saying you're going to need to at least acknowledge some part of what I'm saying here. I'm not going to keep repeating myself while you keep ignoring it. Understand that the force reacts to focus... & Acknowledge the difference between Luke & Rey's childhood... & the survival instinct that is obviously WAY more in favor of Rey gave her razor sharp focus. For Luke, it's not even close at that time in their young lives. I need you to talk about that.

Be specific... & be sure & include Luke's loving family.... having a legit Jedi body guard keeping the worse situations from effecting him... & his uncle maintaining his cushy household... while we also discuss Rey's living arrangements that she grew up in.

The Jedi mind trick is also notoriously hard to do, we see Jedi with training in it fail at times over and over again.

You have got to be trolling me now. From your own statement... Luke learned telepathy from Obi opening up the portal. Yet you can't give that same to Rey.

Last edited:
The novels are just someone else’s opinion on things, I don’t really count them as canon, especially when things written in them seem to go against what we are presented on screen for the real writers .
The novel is Canon

100% without a doubt. Luke received "a few hours" of training from Obi. That's Canon & so it's a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckforbes
Back