• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I see a lot of amateur people who actually take the time and vlog reviews just trashing the shit out of the movie.

The professional reviewers turned their brains off for this one. Or are paid off. I'm not sure which.

I remember when Phantom Menace first came out. It was mostly positive and upbeat. But mainly because the fans, even casual ones, were happy for new content. It was only after that people REALLY started to eviscerate the silliness of the movie.

I really just get the feeling that since Abrams and Kennedy are pumping out "diversity" mantras to the public that it's creating this chilling effect to scare reviewers into not ripping the movie to spare the SJW backlash.

Don't you dare talk about the numerous 'deus ex machina' moments in the movie, The terribad plot holes, or severely terrible comedy. If you do and give it a bad review, that means you hate strong female Mary Sue leads; and we'll sick the SJWs after you and get you fired. (You might not think that could be a thing. But i'm dead serious about this.)

If you don't like Finn, you're racist. If you don't like Rey, you're sexist.

I can believe that.

how about that scene where the purple hair chick goes lightspeed into a "dreadnaught" and blows up the whole bad guy fleet.

so wait, you're telling me all the rebels ever had to do was autopilot one of their larger ships into the direction of the original deathstar? no need for a dangerous assault mission to shoot a rocket into some exposed vent?

I have my gripes about the movie as well but this notion that you send a ship light speed through the Death Star destroying the entire thing is completely silly.

It's the size of a moon for Petes sake and this movie showed that the cruiser didn't destroy the entire fleet. That never happened. Even Snokes ship, which is a grain of salt next to the Death Star, was only missing one of its "wings" after the attack. Leaving about 70% of the ship still intact. Sending a ship this size thru the Death Star wouldn't mean much of anything.

Heck the first order even mustered up a rather large force for a ground assault against the rebels.

It's also extremely costly to build giant cruisers to only have them go kamiakze thru fleets of enemy ships. The rebels aren't funded to be throwing away giant space cruisers. It's completely illogical.

Like I said, I have my gripes but this isn't one of them

I have my gripes about the movie as well but this notion that you send a ship light speed through the Death Star destroying the entire thing is completely silly.

It's the size of a moon for Petes sake and this movie showed that the cruiser didn't destroy the entire fleet. That never happened. Even Snokes ship, which is a grain of salt next to the Death Star, was only missing one of its "wings" after the attack. Leaving about 70% of the ship still intact. Sending a ship this size thru the Death Star wouldn't mean much of anything.

Heck the first order even mustered up a rather large force for a ground assault against the rebels.

It's also extremely costly to build giant cruisers to only have them go kamiakze thru fleets of enemy ships. The rebels aren't funded to be throwing away giant space cruisers. It's completely illogical.

i have a gripe with it. when they do light speed its almost like a teleport( i know its not) but to think you could light speed through the galaxy and never hit anything is baffling.

i have a gripe with it. when they do light speed its almost like a teleport( i know its not) but to think you could light speed through the galaxy and never hit anything is baffling.

That's in all sci if though. That's why the universe is mapped to some degree.

The rebels cant sacrifice one cruiser?

Fuck off.

Remember your bullshit logic the next time theirs a large space fight an dozens of cruisers simply get shot down in battle fighting agaisnt odds.

Fuck off.

Remember your bullshit logic the next time theirs a large space fight an dozens of cruisers simply get shot down in battle fighting agaisnt odds.

Well most likely you get more than 1 use outta the cruisers you mentioned.

And didn't this movie kinda prove that they were at the point they needed all the space ships they could get. They couldn't really afford to lose the cruiser in the last jedi either, even though they did destroy it.

And in what movie were there "dozens of cruisers?" I don't remember that movie at all. Those Mon Calamari cruisers don't just grow on trees you know.

Also LOL @ "fuck off"

Simmer down over there, you're boiling over like a pot of cheap jizz.

Fuck off.

Let me ask you this, why doesn't the American military just go out and ram through shit with our own battleships if that's the solution to this problem?

More than that though, who are you going to ask to go on this suicide mission? Holdo's sacrifice matters in TLJ because it is exactly that: a sacrifice. She gave her life to protect the lives of others.

The immense financial cost notwithstanding, are you just going to routinely ask people to put themselves in a position where there is no hope at all of survival?

did you read my gripes in my earlier post? were yours the same or did you have some different ones?

No dude I didn't read all your posts here.

If you want me I will give it a go. I didn't hate this movie but I was left disappointed and dissatisfied by it. The high points were really well done and the low points were very low for me.

I would've done things differently

Well most likely you get more than 1 use outta the cruisers you mentioned.

And didn't this movie kinda prove that they were at the point they needed all the space ships they could get. They couldn't really afford to lose the cruiser in the last jedi either, even though they did destroy it.

And in what movie were there "dozens of cruisers?" I don't remember that movie at all. Those Mon Calamari cruiser she don't just grow on trees you know.

Also LOL @ "fuck off"

Simmer down over, you're boiling over like a pot of cheap jizz.

Jedi, revenge of the sith pretty much every big soace battle scene in star wars.

Fuck off is warranted for trying to pass off shit logic defending a shit movie

Terrible writing just wrote themselves into a corner. Thats the skinny of it.

No dude I didn't read all your posts here.

If you want me I will give it a go. I didn't hate this movie but I was left disappointed and dissatisfied by it. The high points were really well done and the low points were very low for me.

I would've done things differently

all the things i hated about it

1.way to fuck luke up. The last time we seen young luke he was a zen master that held his resolve against vader and the emperor but now hes this fucking poser bum that does nothing with the force. Reys over her giving a jedi master advice on life and hes this douche who needs a cameo by yoda for him to see the light.

dispicible.

2. The training for rey was dumb. we couldnt get some cool light saber training so we can see luke fuck shit up while being a bad ass teacher. or how about instead of yoda just coming back to talk, rey sees luke training in a light saber duel with yoda...how badass would that be?

3. another missed opportunity was ren leaving the jedi school. no light saber fight? i mean why didnt they have this fight, you could of had luke get bested if he fought ren and all the students or have snoke helping ren to over come luke but no we got some lame move that put luke out.

4. finn and rose side mission could littterally be cut out of the movie and nothing would change. It was pointless. You could of had anyone hack there system and say we need a small ship that they wouldnt see to get in and have them get captured. That seen was horrible. literally nothing happened that affected the story.

5. Snoke dying was fucking dumb the way he died. so this dude who was so powerful is just going to get tricked and die with out some cool battle scene. How about you have rey and ren team up and beat him down. Again there was another missed opportunity.

or better yet luke wasnt such a bitch in this movie where he convinces rey that ben could be saved and luke is in this scene and all three of them battle a badass snoke and maybe thats how luke dies intstead of his dumbass ending.

how bout a battle between ren and rey instead of a shitty force dual where it explodes and some how rey magically escapes

6. the double crosses in the rebellion where dumb as fuck too. The director was trying to keep us guessing while just looking ridiculous. why wouldnt the new general tell everyone the plan, everything is life and death but here lets just keep every one guessing while there is a mutiny on the horizon. WTF is wrong with this writing.

7. captian phasma knocks finn down a hole and looks down but the next scene he rises on an elevator and hits her. WTF am i watching here.

I feel that whoever did the fighting choreography just couldnt do it in this film so they had to come up with dumb scenerios.

8. luke not battling anyone in this whole movie was god awful and a slap to the fans face. lets have luke fight with a stick because thats what we all been waiting to see.

Let me ask you this, why doesn't the American military just go out and ram through shit with our own battleships if that's the solution to this problem?

More than that though, who are you going to ask to go on this suicide mission? Holdo's sacrifice matters in TLJ because it is exactly that: a sacrifice. She gave her life to protect the lives of others.

The immense financial cost notwithstanding, are you just going to routinely ask people to put themselves in a position where there is no hope at all of survival?

Maybe because america doesnt have warp drive and isis doesnt have large, over sized triangle ships in space???

Whos gonna go on this suicide mission. I dunno finn could pull it off now that fat asian jar jar is dead. How about a droid? Or better yet remote control???

Get the fuck outta here with such a stupid argument.

Jedi, revenge of the sith pretty much every big soace battle scene in star wars.

Fuck off is warranted for trying to pass off shit logic defending a shit movie

Terrible writing just wrote themselves into a corner. Thats the skinny of it.

Calm down you're like a big baby who had a beer for the first time tonight.

Secondly those ships weren't even used in the prequels and there weren't "dozens" in return of the Jedi either.

Honestly What the hell are you talking about

Maybe because america doesnt have warp drive and isis doesnt have large, over sized triangle ships in space???

Whos gonna go on this suicide mission. I dunno finn could pull it off now that fat asian jar jar is dead. How about a droid? Or better yet remote control???

Get the fuck outta here with such a stupid argument.

LOL.

It's a wonder you're posting on Sherdog when clearly you're cut out to be a fine General.

With logic like yours, victory would be assured! You've cracked the code! Just ram your shit into their shit!

Secondly those ships weren't even used in the prequels and there weren't "dozens" in return of the Jedi either.

Honestly What the hell are you talking about

Their were dozens of ships of the same size as that final cruiser. Its a size thing.

Its also terrible writing that should hold future ramifications.

I am pissed off. I got excited for what turned out to be a terribly writen sjw’s wet dream kids commercial.

This IP is dead now.

Last edited:
LOL.

It's a wonder you're posting on Sherdog when clearly you're cut out to be a fine General.

With logic like yours, victory would be assured! You've cracked the code! Just ram your shit into their shit!

Yeah. Better to waste one ship taking down the fleet then all the ships in a long drawn out fight.

Simple fucking math owns you

250.gif

Yeah. Better to waste one ship taking down the fleet then all the ships in a long drawn out fight.

Simple fucking math owns you

A "fleet" is the entire group of ships. How are you going to take out a fleet with one ship?

Simple fucking education owns YOU.

Their were dozens of ships of the same size as that final cruiser. Its a size thing.

Its also terrible writing that should hold future ramifications.

I am pissed off. I got excited for turned out to be a terribly writen sjw’s wet dream kids commercial.

This IP is dead now.

It's also a huge financial thing. At no point did the rebels have the funding for such a plan of attack. They simply didn't have the funding to waste 2 mon calamri crusiers during some random space battle. That's not how things work for the rebels. They weren't funded like the empire or the first order. Those groups had large numbers of Star destroyers. Using your tactics the rebels waste an importsnt cruiser to take out what 3-4 Star destroyers at most. The empire had thousands.

It's wasteful and foolish

Mon Calamri cruisers were not plentiful and their design allowed them to have attachments built onto the ship itself. Even in return if the Jedi there weren't "dozens of these ships" as you claimed. That never happened in the movie.

Back