• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Not necessarily, no.

Is it in RT's best interest to admit that their scores can be manipulated so easily?

You seem to be missing the point. Don't worry, a lot of others have too.

Here's the point:

The CinemaScore is an A. The IMDB score is a 7.6 after 205,000 votes.

The RT audience score is a 52% after 149,000 votes.

So does RT just attract a different kind of voter than IMDB and the average audience member polled by the CinemaScore crew? Or is there more to it?

The ONLY outlet reporting something that could be construed as a negative score is the RT audience score. EVERYTHING ELSE is positive.

For the record again, here's what the IMDB voting looks like (and make a note of the fact that IMDB has over 50,000 more votes than RT):

Yes, that's how averages work.

Not necessarily, no.

Is it in RT's best interest to admit that their scores can be manipulated so easily?

You seem to be missing the point. Don't worry, a lot of others have too.

Here's the point:

The CinemaScore is an A. The IMDB score is a 7.6 after 205,000 votes.

The RT audience score is a 52% after 149,000 votes.

So does RT just attract a different kind of voter than IMDB and the average audience member polled by the CinemaScore crew? Or is there more to it?

The ONLY outlet reporting something that could be construed as a negative score is the RT audience score. EVERYTHING ELSE is positive.

For the record again, here's what the IMDB voting looks like (and make a note of the fact that IMDB has over 50,000 more votes than RT):

Capture.png

Its in RT's best interest to provide accurate scores for movies yes.

I cant believe you have stooped to this level honestly and I kinda blame myself for it. Would you be doing this if I didn't encourage you to start a prequel marathon

Its in RT's best interest to provide accurate scores for movies yes.

I cant believe you have stooped to this level honestly and I kinda blame myself for it. Would you be doing this if I didn't encourage you to start a prequel marathon

Dude, shut the fuck up. You should never have admitted you haven't actually seen the movie because now look down on your continued participation in this discussion.

Dude, shut the fuck up. You should never have admitted you haven't actually seen the movie because now look down on your continued participation in this discussion.

This is the type of response I expect from someone out of arguments

You have gone down the deep end.

its Christmas and you are acting like this

You have become the most unfun person to talk Star Wars with

Only good scene in the movie.

Poe has some moves. Hux should have tore up the dance floor with him.

how about that scene where the purple hair chick goes lightspeed into a "dreadnaught" and blows up the whole bad guy fleet.

So wait, you're telling me all the rebels ever had to do was autopilot one of their larger ships into the direction of the original deathstar? no need for a dangerous assault mission to shoot a rocket into some exposed vent?

But if they did that we wouldn't have the......
..... Mary "#$%^ing" Poppins space force scene with an elderly Leia floating in space. And floating like a damn witch back to the ship to safety. While they expose the entire hallway compartment to the vacuum of space to bring her in. Even the damn graphic showed air rushing IN instead of sucking them all out. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

These aren't JUST plot holes. They're pathetic mistakes you should only see in low budget B movies with fringe directors.

Last edited:
just saw this movie and I have to say that this movie was the worst star wars movie ive ever seen. It was close with episode one but it edges out for worst movie mainly because the light saber fights fucking sucked and ep 1 had darth maul.

all the things i hated about it

1.way to fuck luke up. The last time we seen young luke he was a zen master that held his resolve against vader and the emperor but now hes this fucking poser bum that does nothing with the force. Reys over her giving a jedi master advice on life and hes this douche who needs a cameo by yoda for him to see the light.

dispicible.

2. The training for rey was dumb. we couldnt get some cool light saber training so we can see luke fuck shit up while being a bad ass teacher. or how about instead of yoda just coming back to talk, rey sees luke training in a light saber duel with yoda...how badass would that be?

3. another missed opportunity was ren leaving the jedi school. no light saber fight? i mean why didnt they have this fight, you could of had luke get bested if he fought ren and all the students or have snoke helping ren to over come luke but no we got some lame move that put luke out.

4. finn and rose side mission could littterally be cut out of the movie and nothing would change. It was pointless. You could of had anyone hack there system and say we need a small ship that they wouldnt see to get in and have them get captured. That seen was horrible. literally nothing happened that affected the story.

5. Snoke dying was fucking dumb the way he died. so this dude who was so powerful is just going to get tricked and die with out some cool battle scene. How about you have rey and ren team up and beat him down. Again there was another missed opportunity.

or better yet luke wasnt such a bitch in this movie where he convinces rey that ben could be saved and luke is in this scene and all three of them battle a badass snoke and maybe thats how luke dies intstead of his dumbass ending.

how bout a battle between ren and rey instead of a shitty force dual where it explodes and some how rey magically escapes

6. the double crosses in the rebellion where dumb as fuck too. The director was trying to keep us guessing while just looking ridiculous. why wouldnt the new general tell everyone the plan, everything is life and death but here lets just keep every one guessing while there is a mutiny on the horizon. WTF is wrong with this writing.

7. captian phasma knocks finn down a hole and looks down but the next scene he rises on an elevator and hits her. WTF am i watching here.

I feel that whoever did the fighting choreography just couldnt do it in this film so they had to come up with dumb scenerios.

8. luke not battling anyone in this whole movie was god awful and a slap to the fans face. lets have luke fight with a stick because thats what we all been waiting to see.

I think i could go on but im burnt out and very dissapointed

Last edited:
This movie was so great, I really don't give a shit about star wars anymore. They are now on the level of DC films where I will watch cam versions online and skip to the main parts.

This movie was so great, I really don't give a shit about star wars anymore. They are now on the level of DC films where I will watch cam versions online and skip to the main parts.

this has definately put me off and will probably wait till red box for the rest of star war. I have no intention of seeing 9 or han solo

also poe pulled of a mutiny but somehow is easily forgiven.

shitty writing at every turn in this movie

I see a lot of amateur people who actually take the time and vlog reviews just trashing the shit out of the movie.

The professional reviewers turned their brains off for this one. Or are paid off. I'm not sure which.

I remember when Phantom Menace first came out. It was mostly positive and upbeat. But mainly because the fans, even casual ones, were happy for new content. It was only after that people REALLY started to eviscerate the silliness of the movie.

I really just get the feeling that since Abrams and Kennedy are pumping out "diversity" mantras to the public that it's creating this chilling effect to scare reviewers into not ripping the movie to spare the SJW backlash.

Don't you dare talk about the numerous 'deus ex machina' moments in the movie, The terribad plot holes, or severely terrible comedy. If you do and give it a bad review, that means you hate strong female Mary Sue leads; and we'll sick the SJWs after you and get you fired. (You might not think that could be a thing. But i'm dead serious about this.)

Back