Star Wars Megathread

DeVito is 4'10"

Gideon is a Sherdogger on comparison

Overconfident, talks a lot, thinks he knows more than he really does? Definitely a Sherdogger.

Rey-Skywalker-no-new.jpg

I would absolutely love some Robot Chicken style Star Wars on D+.

This isn't a surprise whatsoever.

Newly Announced Star Wars: The High Republic Host Krystina Arielle Calls All White People Racist

Arielle announced she would be hosting the Star Wars: The High Republic show on social media.

She wrote on Twitter, “I can officially scream ” I’m the host of the new official series Star Wars: The High Republic Show !!!!!! ”

And.... here's some of her tweets just from the last year :
2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa9eb8c4.jpg

2021.01.21-10.53-boundingintocomics-600a05e97cd6a.jpg

2021.01.21-10.55-boundingintocomics-600a0668ea4af.jpg

2021.01.21-11.15-boundingintocomics-600a0b148fdf0.jpg

2021.01.21-11.39-boundingintocomics-600a10c047b02.jpg

2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa585ff4.jpg

Edit - And the Disney shill & NYT writer twitter accounts are saying Jack Posobiec and BoundingIntoComics should be banned, for exposing racism.

2021.01.23-04.18-boundingintocomics-600ba3a223c42.png

2021.01.23-04.19-boundingintocomics-600ba3ca12c41.png

2021.01.23-04.19-boundingintocomics-600ba3ebd64be.png

2021.01.23-04.15-boundingintocomics-600ba2d8d36a1.png

She literally said "Fucking White People..."

2nd Edit - Don't want this thread to be turned into a political discussion. Just thought this was worth posting because Star Wars news has been very thin over the last few days.

If you'd like to discuss it, click on this link to ghe discussion in the Warroom.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/disney-racism-what-you-think.4158089/

Last edited:
I’m hungover, so what isn’t a surprise whatsoever?

and seriously I am hungover as shit but don’t see where she said “fucking white people”

Is it too early to start drinking again?

Cmon Disney, cast Danny Devito as Thrawn

I would love to see a little side story whether it be a single issue comic or 5 min short about how Koska rescued Grogu

Loved how she just jumped in, “on it” when Mando says the creature has the child

She cut that thing up and enter through the belly, or get swallowed up and blast her way out?

Anyway, I may or may not be having a breakfast beer this morn and posting random Star Wars thoughts

I’m hungover, so what isn’t a surprise whatsoever?

and seriously I am hungover as shit but don’t see where she said “fucking white people”

Is it too early to start drinking again?

Cmon Disney, cast Danny Devito as Thrawn
She didn’t, but all her statements are pretty blanket. Only one time did she ever specify which type of white person. So if you are not specifying, you are generalizing. And generalized statements are broad in spectrum.

If she were white and made those same statements about any other race or creed. She would be canceled immediately, and more than likely banned off that social media platform.

Racism works in all directions. And it needs to be acknowledged if true unity is what everybody supposedly wants.

And by the way....Star Wars Official threw their full support behind her saying they don’t stand for racism and bullying. Yet they didn’t defend Gina Carano (a woman being bullied). Ignored James Earl Jones who is a conservative black man. And literally minimized John Boyega (a black man) on China’s movie poster to not offend them for the dollars.

Yet people want to make me the bad guy for pointing out KK and crew actively practice Identity Politics and the alienation of the old fan base that don’t fit their targeted demographics.

There is definitely a schism happening at Lucasfilm. F&F’s success with bringing old Luke back and reigniting the love for the OT time line flies in the face of what KK’s story group is trying to accomplish. Which is creating a new Star Wars and fan base with no ties to what came before.

She didn’t, but all her statements are pretty blanket. Only one time did she ever specify which type of white person. So if you are not specifying, you are generalizing. And generalized statements are broad in spectrum.

If she were white and made those same statements about any other race or creed. She would be canceled immediately, and more than likely banned off that social media platform.

Racism works in all directions. And it needs to be acknowledged if true unity is what everybody supposedly wants.

And by the way....Star Wars Official threw their full support behind her saying they don’t stand for racism and bullying. Yet they didn’t defend Gina Carano a woman being bullied. Ignored James Earl Jones who is a conservative black man. And literally minimized John Boyega (a black man) on China’s movie poster to not offend them for the dollars.

Yet people want to make me the bad guy for pointing out KK and crew actively practice Identity Politics and the alienation of the old fan base that don’t fit their targeted demographics.

There is definitely a schism happening at Lucasfilm. F&F’s success with bringing old Luke back and reigniting the love for the OT time line flies in the face of what KK’s story group is trying to accomplish. Which is creating a new Star Wars and fan base with no ties to what came before.
Oh I get it. But is this the new outrage of the day?
Some idiot who isn’t involved with The High Republic at all, except for doing a podcast...maybe

No one here is even reading those books, let alone gonna listen to her podcast

So fire her dumbass, she adds nothing

And let’s not skip over this dipshit who posted that. Mr TruckDriver! I

In this day and age of “don’t text and drive” or “distracted driving kills”

Someone who has bragged and posted on here how he posts and makes threads while driving a big rig on our highways

Let’s post those messages on social media and see if he likes it

Anyway, sorry guys! Old man going on a rant here

my take...The High Republic....by Charles Soule is a damn good story

Seeing his name attached to these idiots whether it be by Disney or whoever is annoying. Dude wrote a fantastic story and the future is bright

Don’t judge the name “The High Republic” by any other names associated

And I’m not referring to you @FyrFytr998, I know you’re good
You kind of lost me there, but it’s not really a “what am I mad at today” kind of post.

As stated, with the High Republic tanking, those involved with it are doing their best to draw attention away from it.

Given the subject matter, I’ll further follow up in the War Room thread.

I agree. Charles is a solid writer. It’s a shame he has to be associated with this SJW nonsense the story group is currently propagating.

All because Old Luke spoiled their attempt to phase out the PT/OT.

You kind of lost me there, but it’s not really a “what am I mad at today” kind of post.

As stated, with the High Republic tanking, those involved with it are doing their best to draw attention away from it.

Given the subject matter, I’ll further follow up in the War Room thread.

I agree. Charles is a solid writer. It’s a shame he has to be associated with this SJW nonsense the story group is currently propagating.

All because Old Luke spoiled their attempt to phase out the PT/OT.
Sorry dude. Just referring to someone else in this thread

Anyone in this thread playing Squadrons? Played a little, got distracted by something else, now I see the B-Wing and Tie Defender have been added.

Anyone in this thread playing Squadrons? Played a little, got distracted by something else, now I see the B-Wing and Tie Defender have been added.

Dude, I collect models, and B-Wing is next on my list!

Mega pew -pew am I right @Ottawaguy?

giphy.gif

Anyway just received my Slave 1 this week, dude did a fantastic job

Check out the Han in carbonite

29A3D097-7F9F-4E4B-8DD5-A6480B9CE1B9.jpeg 9452C3E1-258A-4905-87B1-358A2898966D.jpeg

And by the way....Star Wars Official threw their full support behind her saying they don’t stand for racism and bullying. Yet they didn’t defend Gina Carano (a woman being bullied). Ignored James Earl Jones who is a conservative black man. And literally minimized John Boyega (a black man) on China’s movie poster to not offend them for the dollars.

If I were you I wouldn't engage in the representation discussion at all, if labels are going to bother you. Logic results in too many discrepancies the mind cannot take. And if you get caught up with each event and try to weigh it to each other, it's like when people say all STAR WARS fans are the same when we clearly are not. False comparisons and dichotomies arise.

The truth is we forget entertainment media is a product of privilege and therefore made by people in kind. In the beginning creation was autonomous but as culture derived itself from these artifacts of entertainment the necessity of marshaling and safeguarding cultural representation was democratized. Autonomy was given over to the principle of commodification. Fighting against progress will only position you on the wrong side of it. And because representation in media is still not equivalent to real social dynamic, you're punching yourself out for a cause that doesn't exist. For a consumerist facade.

I would encourage you to spare yourself the grief of this spat.

If I were you I wouldn't engage in the representation discussion at all, if labels are going to bother you. Logic results in too many discrepancies the mind cannot take. And if you get caught up with each event and try to weigh it to each other, it's like when people say all STAR WARS fans are the same when we clearly are not. False comparisons and dichotomies arise.

The truth is we forget entertainment media is a product of privilege and therefore made by people in kind. In the beginning creation was autonomous but as culture derived itself from these artifacts of entertainment the necessity of marshaling and safeguarding cultural representation was democratized. Autonomy was given over to the principle of commodification. Fighting against progress will only position you on the wrong side of it. And because representation in media is still not equivalent to real social dynamic, you're punching yourself out for a cause that doesn't exist. For a consumerist facade.

I would encourage you to spare yourself the grief of this spat.
This is actually a nicely written post, not smart-alec’y at all. I’m confused

Again...going forward...gonna be positive

F-squared reunited us which is fantastic. So many people said they wouldn’t be back but nice to have you back

We have awhile before the next shows. I think Cassian is furthest into production

Comics and books are released weekly, usually on Wednesdays. I have the schedule for releases and it’s pretty damn accurate so if those who want to read, let me know, I’ll share it

Back