Star Trek The Motion Picture 1979

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I WATCH AND LOVE SHIT MOVIES PLUS I HAD SOME CANDY KUSH FOR THE JOURNEY

Never been a Trekkie and have not watched any original Star Trek movies since they were first released in the 80's. Voyage Home is the last one I watched on VHS about 30 odd years ago.

Over the last 18 months I have been revisiting a fuck ton of movies from my youth (lucky dipping around 3000 movies) and Star Trek finally came out last weekend.

It was hilarious, the plot is Kirk cons his mates into boarding the new Enterprise (Spock sneaks on like the snide fucker he is), and then they look at shit out of the window for 2 hours.

I was thoroughly entertained throughout, Clippy mentioned it was The Last Jedi of Star Trek movies, but I enjoyed that also so it makes sense.

There is a 6 minute scene where Scotty takes Kirk over to the new Enterprise on a transporter and it really is 6 minutes of them looking out of the window as it circles the vessel. It is awesome. Hilarious. Smug fuckers looking at their new ship. What a start.

Then there is the wormhole scene which is as trippy as it is amusing. Shit gets psychedelic and pretend slo mo for fucking ages while they figure out what to do.
9uL6SQ.gif

giphy.gif

And then there is about an hour of them approaching this big fuck off thing that thinks it's God.
This is the most starringest hour in movie history. Loved it. Again trippy as fuck and some really neat effects.

Bald chick would get it.

Uhuru has big boobs

Kirk is a massive dick to everyone, proper cunt

Can't wai for a bit of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN
tumblr_m0yjbd5Jfb1qf6r8to1_500.gif

Forgot to say, music is great, looks great, has an epic feel

STrek 2 thru 6 are all various levels of good with 2 and 4 being my favorites. The first one is way down my list. I've watched it a few times, so I'm good for life.

Just a different feel to it, long, slow paced, uninteresting plot, and a lot of new characters I didn't particularly like. I just want to see la famiglia.

One of the great Star Trek scenes...

STrek 2 thru 6 are all various levels of good with 2 and 4 being my favorites. The first one is way down my list. I've watched it a few times, so I'm good for life.

Just a different feel to it, long, slow paced, uninteresting plot, and a lot of new characters I didn't particularly like. I just want to see la famiglia.

One of the great Star Trek scenes...

Brilliant!

I am looking forward to 2 through 6, not sure I will go any farther than those.

If I had the time I came up with so many ideas for taking the piss on the first movie, genuinely found it really funny

It's my favorite ST film

I like sci fi to be slow and thoughtful.

All the sexual subtext is amusing

Natural extensions of the characters

VERY seventies with medallions and bell bottoms

DISCLAIMER: I WATCH AND LOVE SHIT MOVIES PLUS I HAD SOME CANDY KUSH FOR THE JOURNEY

Never been a Trekkie and have not watched any original Star Trek movies since they were first released in the 80's. Voyage Home is the last one I watched on VHS about 30 odd years ago.

Over the last 18 months I have been revisiting a fuck ton of movies from my youth (lucky dipping around 3000 movies) and Star Trek finally came out last weekend.

It was hilarious, the plot is Kirk cons his mates into boarding the new Enterprise (Spock sneaks on like the snide fucker he is), and then they look at shit out of the window for 2 hours.

I was thoroughly entertained throughout, Clippy mentioned it was The Last Jedi of Star Trek movies, but I enjoyed that also so it makes sense.

There is a 6 minute scene where Scotty takes Kirk over to the new Enterprise on a transporter and it really is 6 minutes of them looking out of the window as it circles the vessel. It is awesome. Hilarious. Smug fuckers looking at their new ship. What a start.

Then there is the wormhole scene which is as trippy as it is amusing. Shit gets psychedelic and pretend slo mo for fucking ages while they figure out what to do.
9uL6SQ.gif

giphy.gif

And then there is about an hour of them approaching this big fuck off thing that thinks it's God.
This is the most starringest hour in movie history. Loved it. Again trippy as fuck and some really neat effects.

Bald chick would get it.

Uhuru has big boobs

Kirk is a massive dick to everyone, proper cunt

Can't wai for a bit of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN
tumblr_m0yjbd5Jfb1qf6r8to1_500.gif
The only Star Trek films I liked were 2, 6, and the 2009 reboot (although my opinion of the 2009 reboot has diminished somewhat over the years). All other Star Trek films were "meh" to terrible.

It's my favorite ST film

I like sci fi to be slow and thoughtful.

All the sexual subtext is amusing

Natural extensions of the characters

VERY seventies with medallions and bell bottoms
Glad I'm not the only one that enjoys it, I actually want to go back and watch it again already

The only Star Trek films I liked were 2, 6, and the 2009 reboot (although my opinion of the 2009 reboot has diminished somewhat over the years). All other Star Trek films were "meh" to terrible.
Khan is great, I don't remember much after the beginning of Search, and Voyage Home I recall enjoying as a youngun.

never watched 5 or 6 though.

I do like the reboot though, not the sequels so much

A horrible movie. Parents took me when I was a kid and I fell asleep in the theater.

The Motion Picture has that horrifying scene where the transporter malfunctions when beaming people on board. The blood-curdling screams, it is metal as fuck.

Edit, better video

The Motion Picture has that horrifying scene where the transporter malfunctions when beaming people on board. The blood-curdling screams, it is metal as fuck.

Edit, better video

Even in that scene they fit in some pretty dope staring
YHVirsE.png

Was Kirk always a massive wanker or does he chill with age?
R69p.gif

tumblr_p5e03ibd2v1x0twueo1_250.gif

tumblr_p5e03ibd2v1x0twueo4_250.gif

tumblr_p5e03ibd2v1x0twueo5_250.gif

He chills with age. He is pretty amicable in IV and V, I would say.

Goddamn I love Star Trek IV.

Khan is great, I don't remember much after the beginning of Search, and Voyage Home I recall enjoying as a youngun.

never watched 5 or 6 though.

I do like the reboot though, not the sequels so much
A lot of people liked 4, but I was luke warm on it. 6 is my favorite of all the films.

It was the most expensive movie ever made at the time. It had some incredible special effects and set pieces. It was directed by a legendary academy award winning director. It has an interesting story and plot.

The problem is, it was boring. The film was way too long and had very little action. That said, it is still gorgeous, that was cutting edge at the time.

Do your self a favor, and watch ST 2, The Wrath of Khan, and see what a real Star Trek film should be.

Back