Star Trek: Discovery V3.0 (First Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sverre054

The Juggernaut Viking
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see some sort of carry over from the EU in the books. Just because star wars dropped their EU doesn't mean trek has too.
Yeah the Star Trek books have been killing it the past few years. The destiny trilogy is one of the best sci fi books, let alone Star Trek books. I could see them lifting some events from book series. They actually just added one of the Trek book authors to the new series as a writer.

I just realized that The Animated Series has been considered Canon since 2006. Gotta watch it.

Yeah the Star Trek books have been killing it the past few years. The destiny trilogy is one of the best sci fi books, let alone Star Trek books. I could see them lifting some events from book series. They actually just added one of the Trek book authors to the new series as a writer.

What books would you recommend other then the destiny trilogy

I'm interested in starting to read a few

I just realized that The Animated Series has been considered Canon since 2006. Gotta watch it.

I watched it, it's mostly garbage lol but kind of fun

I'm hopeful for this new series and need some information about it damn it

I recently finished Voyager and then Enterprise (after watching everything else including the cartoon, huge undertaking, took years) and guess I'll have to see this Star Trek Beyond but I think it looks stupid so hoping the new series brings it.

I watched it, it's mostly garbage lol but kind of fun

I'm hopeful for this new series and need some information about it damn it

I recently finished Voyager and then Enterprise (after watching everything else including the cartoon, huge undertaking, took years) and guess I'll have to see this Star Trek Beyond but I think it looks stupid so hoping the new series brings it.

We gotta get more Info at Comic con, so over the weekend we should hopefully know more.

I would really love to see them go FURTHER in the future, like after Voyager and that awful Nemisis movie

So if they're in the future we can get cameos from all the other characters of the other shows.

I thought about this pretty hard. By now I only want two things:

1) prime universe
2) not before TOS

Also, I am fine with sex and violence and more action. But the absolutely necessary precondition is to not only have wars, space battles and the like. We also need space exploration, sense of wonder and ethical dilemmas. And it can be dark er, but we still need a positive outlook of human future. Enough dystopias out there.

I'm tired of prequels and have zero interest in the JJ-verse. I want a post-Nemesis series. Pretty much everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I'm tired of prequels and have zero interest in the JJ-verse. I want a post-Nemesis series. Pretty much everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Post-Nemesis might also mean having a timeline where Vulcan is gone as per the 2009 movie.

Post-Nemesis might also mean having a timeline where Vulcan is gone as per the 2009 movie.

Why would Vulcan be gone post-Nemesis? Did that happen in the prime universe? I thought that was just in the JJ-verse?

Why would Vulcan be gone post-Nemesis? Did that happen in the prime universe? I thought that was just in the JJ-verse?

Vulcan would still be around. Romulus would be gone. That's why Nemo went back in time and created an alternative timeline.

The romulans are in a bad state post nemesis. The bad guy Picard clone killed the senate, the home planet exploded. It would be interesting to see them more desperate and willing to make more treaties to survive.

Looks like I am gonna have to get Netflix

Update: July 18, 2016

Netflix Lands International Rights to New STAR TREK Series; STAR TREK Television Library Available at End of 2016

Netflix-Star-Trek-Dragonlord.jpg

Though the series will be premiering in the US on CBS All Access, Netflix and CBS Studios International today announced a landmark international licensing agreement for the new Star Trek television series. Netflix will be the exclusive premiere home of Star Trek in 188 countries (excluding the US and Canada). Each episode of the new series will be available globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere.

Additionally, all 727 existing episodes of the iconic Star Trek television library – including Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise will be available on Netflix around the world by the end of 2016.

In Canada, the rights to Star Trek have been acquired by Bell Media with the rollout for the new series will mirror the launch in the U.S. The first episode will premiere on Canada’s most watched broadcast network, CTV, on the same night as CBS. All remaining episodes will initially be televised on Bell Media’s cable networks, Space (in English) and Z (in French), and then later exclusively on CraveTV, Bell Media’s streaming video-on-demand service.

The all-new Star Trek will begin production in Toronto in September for its January 2017 premiere. The iconic and influential global franchise will return to television for the first time since 2005 with a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation.

Netflix Lands International Rights to New Star Trek Series

Update: July 18, 2016

Netflix Lands International Rights to New STAR TREK Series; STAR TREK Television Library Available at End of 2016

Netflix-Star-Trek-Dragonlord.jpg

Though the series will be premiering in the US on CBS All Access, Netflix and CBS Studios International today announced a landmark international licensing agreement for the new Star Trek television series. Netflix will be the exclusive premiere home of Star Trek in 188 countries (excluding the US and Canada). Each episode of the new series will be available globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere.

Additionally, all 727 existing episodes of the iconic Star Trek television library – including Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise will be available on Netflix around the world by the end of 2016.

In Canada, the rights to Star Trek have been acquired by Bell Media with the rollout for the new series will mirror the launch in the U.S. The first episode will premiere on Canada’s most watched broadcast network, CTV, on the same night as CBS. All remaining episodes will initially be televised on Bell Media’s cable networks, Space (in English) and Z (in French), and then later exclusively on CraveTV, Bell Media’s streaming video-on-demand service.

The all-new Star Trek will begin production in Toronto in September for its January 2017 premiere. The iconic and influential global franchise will return to television for the first time since 2005 with a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation.

Netflix Lands International Rights to New Star Trek Series

they already are, aren't they?

Yeah usa netflix already has every episode of star trek. I watch it pretty regularly.

But I am still screwed since usa netflix won't be getting the new show. Looks like I'll have to find other means to watch it.

Watching TNG from the start again. And hoping the Edo kill Wesley this time.

Watching TNG from the start again. And hoping the Edo kill Wesley this time.

I was around wesley's age when I was watching TNG when it aired, and he was my favorite character. Each subsequent rewatch makes me hate him, and younger me, even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back