• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies STAR TREK BEYOND (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen STAR TREK BEYOND, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These studios are run by retards. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Apparently the studio wants Keenser to have a bigger role, seeing how Rocket was a big hit for GotG.

500px-Keenser_in_uniform.jpg

Nothing against the character nor actor as it's not his fault.. But to hell with all of this.

Dude! Spoiler!!!!

Not even a big deal. Generations was awful. Theatrical release of a barely TV worthy episode. It's not even worthy of season opener or season finale. Just a run of the mill basic unmemorable episode. And they released it as a theatrical film.

:(

That character didn't have much personality and looks creepy , while Rocket was a talking animal with an attitude , affinity for guns and a drinking problem so it was pretty funny

Not even a big deal. Generations was awful. Theatrical release of a barely TV worthy episode. It's not even worthy of season opener or season finale. Just a run of the mill basic unmemorable episode. And they released it as a theatrical film.

:(

Sarcasm, bra. I enjoyed Generations, but admittedly it was mostly for seeing Picard and Data on the big screen. And Data saying "Shit".

These studios are run by retards. It's absolutely mind boggling.

They have been for a long time. They've all long been passed around by multinationals run by people with no actual interest in making movies. They see something hit big and rush to copy it.

Kirk's first death was what he deserved, going out in a blaze of glory trying to save the crew. His final one was more of a fallen and can't get up job.

That was infuriating. The legendary captain that was known for his fighting prowess got bested by an old El-Aurian? Fucking bullshit.

Sarcasm, bra. I enjoyed Generations, but admittedly it was mostly for seeing Picard and Data on the big screen. And Data saying "Shit".

That was great. But the film in general was horrible, I thought. Such a massively wasted opportunity. And the fucking writers/director even admit in the commentary that they only wrote it the way they did because they wanted to give the audience something they wouldn't expect. What a big ass mistake that was.

I hate Generations and Insurrection. I love First Contact and like Nemesis quite a bit.

They would be better off looking at what the newly charged 'Planet of the Apes' franchise has done. Which took the greatest B-genre films ever crafted and turned them into a 21st century Shakespearean tale practically. I really liked what I saw with 'Dawn'

It was thrilling, had some depth, and took the story of the franchise into a new direction. Star Trek is morally and intellectually bankrupt. There's nothing to see, nothing of interest to note. It's already like Guardians, without any of the fun really.

Those small conversations or moments of breath that littered the original films (I-VI) and made them rewatchable are nowhere to be found in the Abrams films. It's uninspired film making and writing.

Star Trek is and always has been an IP meant for TV, not movies. Not to say there aren't some good Star Trek movies, but the shows were better.

Abrams Star Trek sucks shit. It's Star Trek without a brain.

As action films they're awesome. As Star Trek movies..... pretty disappointing.

Not even that, well maybe the first one, but into darkness is such a jumbled mess even if you try to strip away the trek elements.

I still enjoyed the hell out of it. But perhaps that's do to me never seeing Wrath of Khan before Into Darkness. (Saw it after)

I just about got up and left when Spock yelled "Khan!"

Spock is so wrong in these movies.

Back