Star Jiu Jitsu in Dallas/Ft.Worth area

Diligent

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.starjiujitsu.com/

Hey, guys. I have no experience in BJJ, and I have a little in wrestling. I took up wrestling about 3 months ago with a hs team (with coaches permission), but open mats stop during school year. Since there are no wrestling clubs around in Dallas that a guy my age (20) can go to, and since my school doesn't have a wrestling team, I really can't compete. So I've decided to take up BJJ. This guy Yousef Alirezaei who runs the place and does the BJJ classes supposedly is also well versed in Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling, as well, which is why I am going to try his place.... I know about Machado...but I am not paying $40 a class...sorry. I am going to go maybe next week and check it out.

Advice? Comments? Suggestions? :D

Im a student at Star, even though I live in Euless the 30 minute drive is more than worth it for me. My year contract just expired and I looked at other schools, but Star really earned my loyalty. I cant say enough good things about Star. Coach Yousef is very experienced, a great teacher and not to mention a great guy. You probably saw on the site that he has over 250 gold medals in Wrestling, BJJ, and Sambo. I think that speaks for itself right there. People from other schools come to learn wrestling from him, especially his take downs. I could go on and on about it but I got to go. Let me know if you have any specific questions maybe I could answer.

who pays $40/class with Carlos?
I pay $140/month for unlitmited training... usually there at least 4 classes/week

hayliks said:
who pays $40/class with Carlos?
I pay $140/month for unlitmited training... usually there at least 4 classes/week

That's what it says on his site...$40 for a drop-in class for Texas residents...and I think it's $50 a class for out of state people...

ThaiBoxer80 said:
Im a student at Star, even though I live in Euless the 30 minute drive is more than worth it for me. My year contract just expired and I looked at other schools, but Star really earned my loyalty. I cant say enough good things about Star. Coach Yousef is very experienced, a great teacher and not to mention a great guy. You probably saw on the site that he has over 250 gold medals in Wrestling, BJJ, and Sambo. I think that speaks for itself right there. People from other schools come to learn wrestling from him, especially his take downs. I could go on and on about it but I got to go. Let me know if you have any specific questions maybe I could answer.

Cool. I used to live in Euless. I'll pm ya. :D

i have been to most all schools in the dfw area but that one, due to not being close to it only.
i have heard he teaches really good wrestling. it seems that is what you want the most , so go for it.

don't go for just a drop-in, go and train there

Yusef, is awesome too by the way, i hear very very good things about his wrestling classes, and his wrestling experience is no joke. but as far as learning bjj carlos is the best in texas, one of the best in the world.

Back