Stann vs Wand at Light Heavy?

JohnnyQuest

White Belt
Reaction score
I like the poster and love the fights but.. Wand isnt really fighting stann at light heavy is he?

BAFmViuCcAAliUS.jpg:large

Wandy didn't want to make the weight cut for this fight, so Stann said okay.

Wandy didn't want to make the weight cut for this fight, so Stann said okay.

Wow I didnt know that thanks for letting me know.. Hopefully with out the weight cut he looks more like the old headhunting wand we all know! WAR WAND!

I bet that Stann cuts about the same amount of weight as Wandy so I'm sure he's not upset about having a fight where he doesn't have to cut as much weight himself. It's just that Stann is younger so cutting the weight is easier for him.

Wow I didnt know that thanks for letting me know.. Hopefully with out the weight cut he looks more like the old headhunting wand we all know! WAR WAND!

Head hunting is probably the worst thing Silva could do, but it's also probably exactly what he'll do.

id prefer wand back at 205 anyway. and i think stann said hes going back to 185 after this fight so its all good in the hood

They've both fought most of their careers at LHW. I'm not sure why this should shock anyone.

Should be a good fight with Wandy and Stann not having to cut as much weight. like both but pulling for Stann as Wandy's on the backside of his career

also War Hunto!

This card is looking very very awesome. Rivals UFC on FOX 5 for sure.

Wanderlei needs to have his own weightclass around 200 pounds. We could call it..... wandy weight.

Also marrrrkkkk huntoooooo

incredible how they have 7' struve and 5'10 hunt as the same size, as well as 6'1 okami and 5'8 lombard

ufc really needs to making a mockery of heights of fighters! :)

Stann's got this. Wandy will make it a fight, but five rounds is a lot of time for him to get clipped with something ugly.

I bet that Stann cuts about the same amount of weight as Wandy so I'm sure he's not upset about having a fight where he doesn't have to cut as much weight himself. It's just that Stann is younger so cutting the weight is easier for him.

Or they realize that since there is no current path to the title they might as well fight at LHW. Anderson's taking time off. He wants super fights and a laundry list of contenders. Hell I'd say f it too and do the next fight without the weight cut since a W in middle weight doesn't get me any closer to a title shot.

Head hunting is probably the worst thing Silva could do, but it's also probably exactly what he'll do.

Yep. Only way Wand wins is if he fights smart and picks his moments to land the big shots. When he does that he puts out a win like Bisping or Le.

When he doesn't and decides to go winging 20 punch combos, he gets Leben'd.

His chin just can't handle his style anymore. :(

I still believe in Wanderlei

id prefer wand back at 205 anyway. and i think stann said hes going back to 185 after this fight so its all good in the hood

Sample conversation:

"dude, we both know this fight doesn't mean anything long term, so how about we skip the saunas and shit and make it 205?"

"well, it'll look pretty sweet on my resume to have KO'd Wanderlei Silva in Japan, but I can do that at 203 as easily as at 185 these days... sure."

"I mean, I'm flying back over here to bask in the love of my Japanese fans one more time, I really don't want to be pissed off and dehydrated. My poor brain has taken enough abuse."

Or they realize that since there is no current path to the title they might as well fight at LHW. Anderson's taking time off. He wants super fights and a laundry list of contenders. Hell I'd say f it too and do the next fight without the weight cut since a W in middle weight doesn't get me any closer to a title shot.

And at the end of the day, it'll be looked at as a fight between fringe MW contenders no matter what they fight at.

Wand doesn't want to cut weight anymore and I think it's a good decision. He isn't going to become a contender anyway and there are fun matchups for him at that weight + he looked gassed for the first time in his career against Franklin it#s good not to cut weight anymore

Back